PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What trade moves should the Patriots make before the deadline?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What should the Patriots do before the trade deadline?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A new QB is not going to make big difference if WR TE can not consistently get open....why we are not going back to the Cassel/2001 Brady quick slant, screen...short yardage high percentage completion offense right now is very confusing. Never liked McD but he has been downright abysmal this year

the only way we could land TL would be, to be in 3rd place, and he publicly refuses to play for either the jets or or the falcons.

They should only be sellers, unfortunately their best trade chip got hurt today (Thuney). They should do Edelman a favor and trade him to Tampa or the Titans, whatever winning team,for whatever they can get. It hurts me to say, but he’s done. I saw his body language after the Stidham INT, he practically walked the other way. Didn’t even attempt to make the tackle. He’s done.

Best way to be competitive after bad seasons is to draft well. Look at the Chargers, bad season, drafted Herbert, and they are doing well. Washington, though the QB hasn’t worked out, the other offensive weapons they’ve drafted the last few years are helping them win (Gibson and McLaurin, 2 guys I wanted). A quick turnaround can happen if you draft well the next few years.

Sell for whatever you can get.
Ah, That's the problem there in. They got rid of Monti Ossenfort (college scout director). The Pats fans should have had a party. Hired a Maybach limo to drive him to the airport. . Nick Caserio is the next problem. He rots! Texans.....You still want him?
The Patriots are not a great Draft Team period. The same old excuse......Well we Draft late. We had a ton of picks this year and wasted them. There is not one pick I would keep. How many Fans made fun of Bucs Jason Licht in the past? Fair statement to say he is aggressive. Trade him for Nick???>??
This is the worst Team personnel-wise that BB has ever had here. Does anybody dispute that? There are "0" non tradeable players on this roster. Does anyone disagree?
DW Toys

Gilmore is all but gone. If not before the deadline, definitely this offseason coming up. I think you wait until after the Bills game and see what you’ve got. If you lose, sell. If you win and Cam looks good, then you try to get a piece or two.

speed is the name of the game in the NFL...and we don't have any. We need to get fast and athletic at the skill positions.

A. Everyone wants the Patriots to stockpile draft picks.
B. The Pats need wide receivers, but they are terrible at drafting them.
C. What about Gilmore for Michael Thomas, straight up?

A. Everyone wants the Patriots to stockpile draft picks.
B. The Pats need wide receivers, but they are terrible at drafting them.
C. What about Gilmore for Michael Thomas, straight up?
Like Luuked said, Gilly for MT doesn't save the Saints that much cap room.

23-whenever-I-have-a-panic-attack-funny-meme.jpg

Odell Beckham out for the year. Wonder if Cleveland would be interested in Edelman.

Before you ship anyone off for draft picks consider this (I know sometimes the money was an issue, but still )...

Would you rather have had Brandon Meriweather or kept Deion Branch?

Kept Chandler Jones or the bag of magic beanstalk beans that BB got for him?

Drafted Michael Oher or Clay Matthews or drafted both Brandon Tate and Darius Butler?

Drafted Dominque Easley or anyone else

Drafted Ras IR or anyone else

Drafted Cunningham or his teammate Carlos Dunlap?

BB's drafts have been awful, and his motto of letting them go a year early as opposed to a year late and been waay off recently. Chandler Jones has led the NFL in sacks since he has been with the Cardinals.

So no, I wouldn't trade Gilmore, he is too good. Plus any draft pick they get back is bound for a DB that know one has ever heard of him or the school he went to!

Trade Gilmore and Thuney. Feel out the market to see if a hobbled Edelman has any value. Don’t spend any draft capital on WRs. Wait till next year.

in a perfect world we’d tank for Lawrence but I don’t see us beating out the Jets or Falcons. Anyone with an eye on college excited about any other QB prospects in next year’s draft?
Plenty good QBs. I like Trey Lance, but he may be gone. I also like Zach Wilson from BYU, A LOT. Great arm and accuracy, can run when needed, very good at the RPO. BYU is 6-0, but they really haven’t played anyone, I think Houston was the toughest team they’ve played, the toughest game they have left is Boise State. Should be fun to watch. Really like him, throws at all arm angles, extends plays, sleeps, eats and dreams football. Decent size at 6’3” 210. Not for nothing, I like BYU’s offensive coordinator, very creative.

The Jets and Falcons are definitely taking QBs with their picks, probably the Redskins too. So thinking Lawrence and Fields may go top three, with Lance going top 5. I’d love for the Pats to pick Wilson. Maybe Grundy can chime in.

Mitchell and Thuney and a gigantic chunk of cap space for a player who had less impact than Trey Flowers ?

I'd do that trade ten out of ten times again. It was a win/win for both sides.

He got to a place where his number one priority wasn't setting the edge and we made out well with the picks we got.

Get Julio Jones or Michael Thomas. This team has been unable to develop wide receivers forever. Also, see if Tampa will swap Scotty Miller for Jules. Pats could use the youth and Brady would probably like to add his buddy to the super friends. Get a lot of draft capital for Gilmore.

Get Julio Jones or Michael Thomas. This team has been unable to develop wide receivers forever. Also, see if Tampa will swap Scotty Miller for Jules. Pats could use the youth and Brady would probably like to add his buddy to the super friends. Get a lot of draft capital for Gilmore.

Arians called Edelman "not that quick" when compared to Miller over the summer...frankly, he's not good anymore.

Before you ship anyone off for draft picks consider this (I know sometimes the money was an issue, but still )...

Drafted Dominque Easley or anyone else
Ok, so Chandler Jones netted the Pats Thuney and Mitchell and gave them the cap space to re-sign HT. Not a bad return at all.

Easley was probably the best DL ever to come out of the NYC PSAL when he was at Curtis. He was a stud in college. Some rare talents just don't make it.

Arians called Edelman "not that quick" when compared to Miller over the summer...frankly, he's not good anymore.

That doesn't matter. He also said they didn't want AB. Brady is like LeBron down there. If he wants a player to join that team there's really nothing Arians can do about it.

That doesn't matter. He also said they didn't want AB. Brady is like LeBron down there. If he wants a player to join that team there's really nothing Arians can do about it.

Ok, but why would Brady want a 34 year old Edelman instead of Scott Miller?

They traded a fourth round pick for Gronk and will pay AB 800k this season. Both low risk moves that they could move on from immediately.

It is not like they made any actual risky moves that require a real investment because Brady asked them to.

I'd dump Gilmore as soon as possible. The less game tape of him getting exposed the better.

Dugger has made plays. He's also bigger and more explosive than Winfield (about 4" taller, 15 lb heavier, 6" more VJ and 10" more on the broad jump), and only slightly slower on the 40 (4.49 vs. 4.45).
He hasn't made the plays Winfield has. And don't fall in the measurables trap as it doesn't guarantee success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes