PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What trade moves should the Patriots make before the deadline?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What should the Patriots do before the trade deadline?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I want to keep Gilmore, trade him to the highest bidder (Tampa should go all in and offer a 1st). He's going to rot here.

Trade Thuney as I assume BB is not going to pay him $16M-$18M he will probably get on the open market.

Let’s see what happens next week first.

Not a trade, but sign Josh Rosen off the Buccaneers practice squad and release Brian Hoyer.
That only works if you give Rosen enough incentive for him to leave. You can't "claim" him off another team's PS.

They should only be sellers, unfortunately their best trade chip got hurt today (Thuney). They should do Edelman a favor and trade him to Tampa or the Titans, whatever winning team,for whatever they can get. It hurts me to say, but he’s done. I saw his body language after the Stidham INT, he practically walked the other way. Didn’t even attempt to make the tackle. He’s done.

Best way to be competitive after bad seasons is to draft well. Look at the Chargers, bad season, drafted Herbert, and they are doing well. Washington, though the QB hasn’t worked out, the other offensive weapons they’ve drafted the last few years are helping them win (Gibson and McLaurin, 2 guys I wanted). A quick turnaround can happen if you draft well the next few years.

Sell for whatever you can get.
The Chargers are 2-4 just like the Pats.

Bengals fans are begging for them to trade for Thuney. Trade him for their 1st rounder.

Trade Gilmore to the highest bidding. Bidding war would be nice to get a 1st and more.

Ask Edelman if he still wants to be here. If he doesn't trade him. Do the same with white, Burkhead, and Mason.

I think we should just have a fire sale. Rebuild the next 2-3 years and hopefully we will be competitive again.

Only trades this team should make is getting picks for Gilmore and or Thuney. No point in trading for a WR, there’s so many holes on this team no way you can fill it all via trades.

No way this team is a legit contender this year, they are what they are, a 5 maybe 6 win team.
I’d also get picks for some of NE’s DBs if there are takers. I’d keep JJ & JC, unless blown away, but I’d move the others. Of course, if the price is enticing.

If Pats believe that the kids in the secondary and OL are good enough for the future then I'd trade both Gilmore and Thuney. They play positions of relative strength and would open up some cap space for next year while adding a couple picks. Pats need to find their QB of the future and if they end up in the top 10 of draft hopefully they can get a good one.

Bengals fans are begging for them to trade for Thuney. Trade him for their 1st rounder.

Trade Gilmore to the highest bidding. Bidding war would be nice to get a 1st and more.

Ask Edelman if he still wants to be here. If he doesn't trade him. Do the same with white, Burkhead, and Mason.

I think we should just have a fire sale. Rebuild the next 2-3 years and hopefully we will be competitive again.
I love White. But he hasn’t figured prominently for a while now.

I’d also get picks for some of NE’s DBs if there are takers. I’d keep JJ & JC, unless blown away, but I’d move the others. Of course, if the price is enticing.
Yeah those two for sure are a keep, young and very talented, a rarity on this squad.

Much as I like Thuney I’d take their first for him in a heartbeat. Might be looking at two top ten picks next year.

The Chargers are 2-4 just like the Pats.
But they are going in the right direction. Their 4 losses are by a total of 18 points (4.5 per loss). Their last three games they’ve scored 30+ points. And a big reason is Herbert. They have their franchise QB. I loved Herbert coming out of college and told several people I thought he’d be the best QB to come out of the 2020 draft.

Yall are overreacting

If they dismantle house this season would be incredibly idiotic

Yall are overreacting

Why? Do you think they’re capable of turning this around to a winning season? If so I’d love to hear your thoughts on how.

Yall are overreacting

Think most suggesting moves aren’t saying they should completely tear it down. More so some of the talked about moves (Gilmore, Thuney) that come at positions of strength, which could still leave good framework moving forward.

I’d trade Gilmore for a first or second. I’d trade Thuney for a third (if he’s not hurt). I’d put pretty much anyone outside of the rookies, Winovich, and JC Jackson up for sale. That way Bill has plenty of picks to trade down into the second round for crappy defensive backs.

Yall are overreacting

It depends on what you would consider a successful season. This is NE, not CLE. So I don’t think “making the playoffs” interests most fans around here.

This team isn’t a serious SB contender. Nor does it seem to be going forward with this group.

Other teams, some that haven’t been to the playoffs in years, might overpay for vets that might not even be in NE beyond this season. Makes sense to explore options.

I’d trade Gilmore for a first or second. I’d trade Thuney for a third (if he’s not hurt). I’d put pretty much anyone outside of the rookies, Winovich, and JC Jackson up for sale. That way Bill has plenty of picks to trade down into the second round for crappy defensive backs.
I’d not trade Thuney for a third, considering his comp would likely be a third... Thuney is good and he’s worth keeping if you are only moving up a few slots.

Why? Do you think they’re capable of turning this around to a winning season? If so I’d love to hear your thoughts on how.
This season? maybe not... Next season sure is going to be a lot harder without our best players

It depends on what you would consider a successful season. This is NE, not CLE. So I don’t think “making the playoffs” interests most fans around here.

This team isn’t a serious SB contender. Nor does it seem to be going forward with this group.

Other teams, some that haven’t been to the playoffs in years, might overpay for vets that might not even be in NE beyond this season. Makes sense to explore options.
I dont know about going forward. Sure, few hours after a big loss things look bleak, but i dont think we are that far away from contending again that would justify an overhaul...

I mean, everything has a price, sure, but I dont think we've hit rebuild mode after this game.
Think most suggesting moves aren’t saying they should completely tear it down. More so some of the talked about moves (Gilmore, Thuney) that come at positions of strength, which could still leave good framework moving forward.
J Jones played poorly in the half that I watched today and he hasnt been as good as I remember this season(Not going to look for stats tho, so i could be way wrong). Besides JC, i am not that confident in anyone else outside of Gilmore

our O-line has been patched and remended this season already, I dont think we are in a good spot to trade our best lineman (and backup C) for a rebuild

but again, i know there isnt a thing like an untouchable player

I’d not trade Thuney for a third, considering his comp would likely be a third... Thuney is good and he’s worth keeping if you are only moving up a few slots.
The cap savings is significant if they trade him. And it’ll roll into next year.

The cap savings is significant if they trade him. And it’ll roll into next year.
That makes it more attractive.

I mean, Thuney is the type of player you’d love to move forward with - but I think he has value on the market and I also believe this is his last year. Based on $.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes