PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What Tebow was doing after the Loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
From MMQ

Easy to root for when he isn't playing the Pats.
i dont think most people have a problem with tebow. i know i don't. he seems like a great kid to me and a good football player. i was just sick and tired of the way he was covered by the media and espn in particular. words cant describe how much i hate espn and the media in general.

This is a Patriot board, Tebow is no longer an upcoming opponent. Many other players do the same things Tebow does but it doesn't become a national story because they don't feel the need to advertise their actions. Can we stop with the Tebow threads on the main board?

Tebow has been captured on camera stating words to the effect that if you don't believe in God you're going to hell. I'd suggest that's what perks up people's interest when it comes to his religious proselytizing.

+1. Totally resent the idea that if you find Tebow's preaching obnoxious, that somehow means you're a fan of dog abuse or sexual assault.

Tebow does give to charities and seems like a swell guy. But it's crazy that some people expect his overt religiosity to be received uncontroversially. Imagine if an atheist quarterback took the podium after every game to declare that God is dead and mankind lives in a moral vacuum? I would think Christians would very quickly get annoyed and start wishing he would keep his opinions to himself...

I think you're misreading the thanking of Jesus. He isn't trying to out-pray the opponent. I just think he's sincerely expressing his gratitude for the inspiration he gets from him. I don't know this but I have a feeling he thanks God after losing games too. I think he's genuine and any departure for the purpose of political correctness would be what's phony. I've seen and known a lot of phony religious people and I'm pretty sure Tim Tebow's not one of them and he really tries to be as good a person as he can. Nobody's perfect though and there are some out there(not saying you) that can't wait for any sign for that gottcha! moment.

The implication is still there that Jesus favors Tebow. I don't like religion, politics, or pandering to the military in football games. Let's keep football about football, and keep the other stuff out of it. I don't think Jesus, Allah, Buddha, etc. gives a darn about football, and to some degree prayer in a game (except for an injured player) makes a mockery of religion. The fact that Tebow did an ad for the radical homophobic Focus on the Family certainly lowers my opinion of him, but given that he plays for the Broncos I'd have a low opinion of him anyway. The fact that he does some good works makes him no different than a lot of other prominent athletes. The fact that he's a mediocre QB makes this discussion rather pointless -- he can't pass, and the main reason he's been so effective at the run is because the Broncos have built their whole team around the run. Tebow is no Michael Vick (who I don't like either, but for other reasons).

Last edited:
Class act. I wish him nothing but the best except when he plays the pats. I also agree with a previous poster who said that Belichick would have drafted him if he dropped to the 2nd rd. The nfl needs more players like him representing the league.

In a league with cornerbacks that can't name all their out of wedlock children, players that rape women, kill dogs, shoot themselves in the leg with an illegal gun, drug dealers, drug abusers....

The one person that gets the most hate for their off the field behavior and character issues is the guy who uses his money not to hire hookers but to care for orphans and the terminally ill.

I don't get it.

If you don't like Tebow, who is your hero? Micheal Vick? Tiger Woods?

I seem to remember people worshiping, Tiger Woods until we found out his true colors.

A lesson to be learned maybe?

The implication is still there that Jesus favors the Tebow. I don't like religion, politics, or pandering to the military in football games. Let's keep football about football, and keep the other stuff out of it. I don't think Jesus, Allah, Buddha, etc. gives a darn about football, and to some degree prayer in a game (except for an injured player) makes a mockery of religion. The fact that Tebow did an ad for the radical homophobic Focus on the Family certainly lowers my opinion of him, but given that he plays for the Broncos I'd have a low opinion of him anyway. The fact that he does some good works makes him no different than a lot of other prominent athletes. The fact that he's a mediocre QB makes this discussion rather pointless -- he can't pass, and the main reason he's been so effective at the run is because the Broncos have built their whole team around the run. Tebow is no Michael Vick (who I don't like either, but for other reasons).

I'm pretty sure Tim doesn't think God cares about football either. Tim Tebow has not said anything serious that I've seen that implies God is on his side in a football game.

Ah the ad. Are we getting to the bottom of your problem with him? The ad wasn't over the top and I don't think he researched who he did the ad for and furthermore I don't think he was attacking anything. They were trying to get people to perhaps see a different path than what a lot of people think the path should have been or should be. He may be misguided or he may be unaware but I think his heart is in the right place. It seems like some people feel a little threatened by his popularity accompanied by his faith, no? I think I know where you come from but even if Tim doesn't come from the same place, it doesn't make him Tammy Fae Baker.

Some people say grace before they eat, some people have ceremonies at odd times and some are given special accommodations in their work places out of respect for their beliefs.

As a quarterback he is a work in progress and who knows if he'll ever live up to the hype. I have my doubts. He is a football player though if you know what a mean....and that's about as high a compliment a player can get.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Tim doesn't think God cares about football either. Tim Tebow has not said anything serious that I've seen that implies God is on his side in a football game.

yeah...uh...no...he points to the sky and beats his chest when the Broncos win...he left the field with his head down and did nothing when he LOST yesterday. Can't have it both ways...point to the sky when you win??..then point to the sky when you lose...otherwise you are a complete and utter hypocrite....read Matthew in the New Testament on how one prays to the Lord...it ain't public sky pointing...that's Southern Baptist fire and brimstone, country store bought ,Jimmy Swaggert brand raimaker hucksterism.

yeah...uh...no...he points to the sky and beats his chest when the Broncos win...he left the field with his head down and did nothing when he LOST yesterday. Can't have it both ways...point to the sky when you win??..then point to the sky when you lose...otherwise you are a complete and utter hypocrite....read Matthew in the New Testament on how one prays to the Lord...it ain't public sky pointing...that's Southern Baptist fire and brimstone, country store bought ,Jimmy Swaggert brand raimaker hucksterism.

ok, Tebow is Jimmy Swaggert, southern baptist fire and brimstone a utter hypocrite. Sleep well

You know what bugs me? We have a guy that is nothing but as positive and giving as anyone can be and we we get all this tearing down. He's human and probably isn't terribly thrilled over just losing a game. Judge him how ever you want

Last edited:

yeah...um..no....tim "tebowed" for the final minute of the game on the sidelines.

You know what bugs me? We have a guy that is nothing but as positive and giving as anyone can be and we we get all this tearing down.

you know what bugs me?...there are a ton of NFL players who are nothing but positive, God fearing young men who do work in their off time helping and giving to the less fortunate...these players get, for the most part, ZERO acknowledgement....compared to Tebow, they may as well not exist to you and the rest of the fawning, hypocritical cult of Timmy the Holy.

I respect Tebow for the person he is in regards to how he helps others out. Massive respect for that. I just find the amount of time ESPN and others spend on him a little nauseating.

You know what bugs me? We have a guy that is nothing but as positive and giving as anyone can be and we we get all this tearing down.

you know what bugs me?...there are a ton of NFL players who are nothing but positive, God fearing young men who do work in their off time helping and giving to the less fortunate...these players get, for the most part, ZERO acknowledgement....compared to Tebow, they may as well not exist to you and the rest of the fawning, hypocritical cult of Timmy the Holy.

He walks the walk. Your definition of hypocrisy is pretty thin if it's just about when he "points to the sky."

ok, Tebow is Jimmy Swaggert, southern baptist fire and brimstone a utter hypocrite. Sleep well

LOL the irony in all this is the media basically gave him the "patriot/cowboy/miami heat" treatment. They ran nonstop coverage of him to get people to get tired of him and hearing his name, so people will watch his games just to root for his failures.

Remember how in pre 2007 the patriots were beloved by everyone in america, then spygate comes along and everyone started to turn on patriots and to this day they still hate them? Lebron and tebow are the latest victims of this media machine.

Exactly, well said. They act like Tebow and Tebow alone is the only pure soul capable of these acts. That his deeds mean more than the deeds of others. His actions are simply more publicized and he's all too eager to absorb the adulation.

He walks the walk. Your definition of hypocrisy is pretty thin if it's just about when he "points to the sky."

He walks the walk. How do you know this? How do any of you know this? This is a well crafted public persona. None of you know what he is really like.

I think Tim Tebow is true to himself and won't sell out. He's not trying to out God anyone. Tebow caught on for lots of reasons and religion is just a small part of it. I'm sure there's many comparable, less visible samaritans out there and I'm not dismissing anyone in favor of Tebow. That cult comment was uncalled for. I'm sure there are many cult followers that blindly "worship" him but don't hate on him over that. ESPN's Skip Bayless's behavior has been shameful for example.

From his press conference after the loss:

On what went wrong after the strong start

"Well, first and foremost I have to thank my lord and savior, ************, first, and, I also want to thank my teammates for the effort that they played with all day. And the coaches coached extremely hard, and we kept fighting for the entire day, and that's something that I'm extremely proud of.

Tim Tebow discusses loss against Patriots | masslive.com

Like so many others, you're reaching for something negative that's not there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes