PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What Tebow was doing after the Loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand your perspective, and I daresay I favor it. Winning 3, or 4, or 50 Super Bowls is a laudable achievement for a player, as a player.

However, such accomplishments have nothing to do with a player (or head coach) as a human being. If a specific head coach commits adultery, and a specific quarterback fathers a bastard child or two, they'll have to live with themselves, and be judged by those around them, and, if you're religious, by a higher power.

No MVP award or Super Bowl ring(s), or football accomplishment of any kind will ever change that.

Sinner.

Happy Holidays.

As a humanitary or role model, I will take the guy who didn't dump his pregnant girlfriend.

Wrong. Brady didn't find out she was pregnant until months after they had split, which has been well documented. Bridget was the "culprit" in this sad case.

You're intimately aware of the full circumstances enough to make that Judgement on someone.

How very very unchristian.

For the record, I am not christian.

Nor am I anti-Brady.

But Brady is not in Tim Tebow's league as quaility role models.

For the record, I am not christian.

Nor am I anti-Brady.

You should shorten your moniker to just: TheGod.

its rumored Tebow is banging Lindsey Vonn, even while she was still married....

We dont really know these guys, how they REALLY are, so to think one of them has some sort of "moral high ground" over another player is total crap and a waste of time....just my .02

Last edited:

What are you basing this on, specifically? Your claim that he "dumped his pregnant girlfriend" is false. Brady has initiated and participated in many charitable endeavors and also was photographed a while back in audience with the Pope at the Vatican. He's a man of strong faith in his own right.

It's weird, really, that I've seen far more complaints about the animosity towards Tebow than actual animosity towards Tebow. In fact, I haven't really seen any real animosity toward him at all. I've seen some people question whether he deserves as much credit as he gets for the Broncos' success, but anyone who mistakes that for animosity has their terms pretty fundamentally mixed up.

You need to live in Florida for a little bit. If you can't make it to Florida, live in the southeast. You'll see PLENTY of animosity toward Tim Tebow. Granted, it's mostly from scumbag FSU fans or fat ass Tennessee fans, but there's still a lot of animosity toward the guy. Hell, if you can't do either, go read the comments on his articles at either NFL or ESPN.com.

Why does this have to turn into Tebow vs person x as to how they live their life?

It is nice that Tebow gives his time and $$$ to people with serious problems. Doesn't mean anyone else has to do those things. Other people do similar things but don't have his notoriety. Belichich and Brady both do charitable things for others. It isn't a competition folks.

I do like the fact that he 'get it' and conducts himself that way.

Why does this have to turn into Tebow vs person x as to how they live their life?

Because some of the raw sewage from the political hole has found their way up here and turned it into that.

its rumored Tebow is banging Lindsey Vonn,

My respect for Tebow just went up 1000%.

All joking aside, Tebow is a classy guy, I don't agree with him as far as forcing religion into every sport's conversation, but aside from that, I'm very happy for his success, and I hope his success continues. This story about his hospital visit is very heartwarming, and there are so many heart warming stories out there that we don't even know about.

Saw one on Braylon Edwards on Monday night prior to the 49er's game. As a rookie in Cleveland, he set up a program for 100 inner-city Cleveland kids, giving each kid a 10,000 check towards college, if they maintaned certain grades. He wound up paying over 1,000,000 towards the program. Braylon was only 21 when he did this. The kids who got it say he's an incredibly generous person, who not only helped them financially, but also gave his time as well. I know Braylon has been a jerk, gotten in trouble, but I'm sure a lot of guys do great things like this, that we never hear about.

its rumored Tebow is banging Lindsey Vonn, even while she was still married....

We dont really know these guys, how they REALLY are, so to think one of them has some sort of "moral high ground" over another player is total crap and a waste of time....just my .02

Rumored? Vonn said that while she's friends with the Tebow family she is not dating Tim.

I'm not religious in nay conventional way but give the man credit, he seems to be a truly good person. It is the media that is driving the hype not this young gentleman. I say this as a thorough cynic but I mean it, this is a good man.

I'm not religious in nay conventional way but give the man credit, he seems to be a truly good person. It is the media that is driving the hype not this young gentleman. I say this as a thorough cynic but I mean it, this is a good man.

The guy wore bible verses on his freaking FACE. That isn't hype, it is fact.

Take your Teboners to the bronco fanboy forum people.

The act of saying, “First, I want to thank my lord and savior ************” every time someone appears on tv is just going to be polarizing in many parts of the country. Many people that believe ************ is also their lord and savior will automatically be attracted to someone who does this. They will rejoice in the fact that someone on tv agrees with them. For some it's as reflexive as when Bruce Springsteen says, "hello [insert name of your town]" and everyone goes crazy. It feels like a connection. For others, it's far deeper, and it feels good to see someone on television that talks about something that is an important part of one's life. For others -- and possibly many others -- there also is a feeling that other religions are wrong or even evil, so they will see this as getting a word in for the good guys. And, indeed, there may even be a satisfaction at believing this too is Tim Tebow's intent, which may or may not be correct.

Some people who believe that ************ is their lord and savior will not love how Tebow expresses himself. It will conflict with their vision of how faith should be expressed. Interestingly, reserve in this area even among Christians is kind of a New England value, and so it’s not surprising that even among Christians, Tim Tebow will get a different reaction on a Patriots’ message board than on, say, an LSU message board.

For those who do not view Jesus as a lord and savior, this use of the airwaves is annoying. Indeed, for some, it tends to reinforce feelings they experience daily from not being in the 70 percent that is the religious majority in the United States. For some, it's an annoyance -- "why can't I just watch football without this stuff having to be part of it; it should be a haven from politics and religion." Still others, though, also recognize such professions of faith as divisive, whether intentional or otherwise. But most also recognize that many if not most of those who do believe Christ is their lord and savior will never be made to see why it is divisive, so get that this is not a battle worth fighting. Some also cut a guy some slack if they believe that he’s saying these things because he genuinely believes that others are screwed in the afterlife, so he’s trying to “save” them. Annoying, for sure, and presumptuous, but at least his heart is in the right place. At the same time, some may understand that many or most to whom he is appealing are viewing the message not in this same spirit, but actually do see it as a symbol of power and division. (Which, again, most of those who share his beliefs can simply never be made to see.)

The point, though, is that very little of this has to do with Tim Tebow. It’s really about us. Tebow is a just a good natured, good looking kid of average intelligence lucky enough to play a kid’s game for money, who gets to be on tv a lot to talk about something else that’s important to him. It sounds like he does a lot of great things for people, and that’s great. But, basically, when you hear Tim Tebow talk about his lord and savior ************, whether that makes you happy or pis*ed, it’s important to understand that it’s not really this kid who you are getting happy or pis*ed about -- maybe a little, but it’s really just a symbol or an idea. It’s about power, faith, and how you view others who share and don’t share your views, which is why a quarterback who has only started a handful of games can generate a 200 plus post thread on an opponent's message board. This is really crucial to understand if one cares about living in a tolerant and open society. Unfortunately, nobody actually understands this very well.

Most of you appear actually to believe this thread is truly about Tim Tebow.

The act of saying, “First, I want to thank my lord and savior ************” every time someone appears on tv is just going to be polarizing in many parts of the country. Many people that believe ************ is also their lord and savior will automatically be attracted to someone who does this. They will rejoice in the fact that someone on tv agrees with them. For some it's as reflexive as when Bruce Springsteen says, "hello [insert name of your town]" and everyone goes crazy. It feels like a connection. For others, it's far deeper, and it feels good to see someone on television that talks about something that is an important part of one's life. For others -- and possibly many others -- there also is a feeling that other religions are wrong or even evil, so they will see this as getting a word in for the good guys. And, indeed, there may even be a satisfaction at believing this too is Tim Tebow's intent, which may or may not be correct.

Some people who believe that ************ is their lord and savior will not love how Tebow expresses himself. It will conflict with their vision of how faith should be expressed. Interestingly, reserve in this area even among Christians is kind of a New England value, and so it’s not surprising that even among Christians, Tim Tebow will get a different reaction on a Patriots’ message board than on, say, an LSU message board.

For those who do not view Jesus as a lord and savior, this use of the airwaves is annoying. Indeed, for some, it tends to reinforce feelings they experience daily from not being in the 70 percent that is the religious majority in the United States. For some, it's an annoyance -- "why can't I just watch football without this stuff having to be part of it; it should be a haven from politics and religion." Still others, though, also recognize such professions of faith as divisive, whether intentional or otherwise. But most also recognize that many if not most of those who do believe Christ is their lord and savior will never be made to see why it is divisive, so get that this is not a battle worth fighting. Some also cut a guy some slack if they believe that he’s saying these things because he genuinely believes that others are screwed in the afterlife, so he’s trying to “save” them. Annoying, for sure, and presumptuous, but at least his heart is in the right place. At the same time, some may understand that many or most to whom he is appealing are viewing the message not in this same spirit, but actually do see it as a symbol of power and division. (Which, again, most of those who share his beliefs can simply never be made to see.)

The point, though, is that very little of this has to do with Tim Tebow. It’s really about us. Tebow is a just a good natured, good looking kid of average intelligence lucky enough to play a kid’s game for money, who gets to be on tv a lot to talk about something else that’s important to him. It sounds like he does a lot of great things for people, and that’s great. But, basically, when you hear Tim Tebow talk about his lord and savior ************, whether that makes you happy or pis*ed, it’s important to understand that it’s not really this kid who you are getting happy or pis*ed about -- maybe a little, but it’s really just a symbol or an idea. It’s about power, faith, and how you view others who share and don’t share your views, which is why a quarterback who has only started a handful of games can generate a 200 plus post thread on an opponent's message board. This is really crucial to understand if one cares about living in a tolerant and open society. Unfortunately, nobody actually understands this very well.

Nailed it. Thank you, you are much more diplomatic and articulate than I am.

PS Just to dumb things down a bit: F the Tebaggers take your Teboners somewhere else. :rocker:

I didn't ignore the first part of your post but this last part of it really hits home. Thank You

Will be epic when the Catholics find out that Tebow doesn't think they are going to heaven.

Will be epic when the Catholics find out that Tebow doesn't think they are going to heaven.

We guessed. A while ago. Wonder what his stance on relapsed ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes