PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What is wrong with Jacoby Brissett?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady6

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Why is everyone dismissing the possibility that the Patriots could view Brissett as a long-term replacement for Brady?

When he was healthy and had a game plan designed for him in the Texans game I thought he showed well and he did so against the #1 defense in the NFL.

I completely agree. He had a phenomenal preseason. I believe he completed something like 9 passes in a row at one point. He looked good throwing the ball to all areas of the field. He may still be developing, but he has a whole off season to work on it.

People are seriously underrating him, calling him "not ready." The Patriots obviously like him a lot.

Regardless of how good Brissett actually is, my guess is that he'll hit free agency before they're ready to replace Brady. That complicates things.

Why is everyone dismissing the possibility that the Patriots could view Brissett as a long-term replacement for Brady? When he was healthy and had a game plan designed for him in the Texans game I thought he showed well and he did so against the #1 defense in the NFL.
In his limited action last season he wasn't asked to do much beyond the first read; it's too early to tell what he might be capable of. But mechanically, he doesn't appear terribly gifted -- slow delivery and not real accurate.

You mean the one where he couldn't throw the ball because he had a busted finger that required surgery to fix? Yeah.
This. If it was any other season where we were not guaranteed to get our number 1 qb back in one week, I think the pats would have signed another qb. I think bb felt there was a chance for a win and if they lost, they still go 3-1.

Essentually, we had no qb for that game. If you look at throwing style and quality between Texans and bills games, there is a huge difference.

Apparently NE is not comfortable with him being our only backup next season, he's not it he's just a backup if he was on any other team no one would know who he is, waste of a 3rd rounder would of took him in the 5th round imo

You mean the one where he couldn't throw the ball because he had a busted finger that required surgery to fix? Yeah.

That's only because the binky of many around here bailed on the team at the last minute after he was expected to play.

I know the GOAT wouldn't have done that. Neither would Brissett IMO. Both are really tough. JG? Who knows.

He isn't good. I look at him and his play and I don't think he is an NFL starter. That is okay. Most people aren't. Most people drafted in the first round even aren't.

It is a hard thing. He just doesn't have it. That is my opinion and I could be wrong but I don't think I am. I would be happy to be wrong of course.

He never should have played in that Buffalo game. He couldn't throw the ball with any zip. He could only lob short dump off passes or lob long passes. I think he won a lot of favor with the coaching staff for toughing it out while losing losing favor from a lot of fans who remember getting shut out.

In his limited action last season he wasn't asked to do much beyond the first read; it's too early to tell what he might be capable of. But mechanically, he doesn't appear terribly gifted -- slow delivery and not real accurate.

He seemed fairly accurate in preseason.

Apparently NE is not comfortable with him being our only backup next season, he's not it he's just a backup if he was on any other team no one would know who he is, waste of a 3rd rounder would of took him in the 5th round imo

Yeah and why did the Patriots draft Garapolo in the 2nd round, WTF..what a waste

Why is everyone dismissing the possibility that the Patriots could view Brissett as a long-term replacement for Brady?

When he was healthy and had a game plan designed for him in the Texans game I thought he showed well and he did so against the #1 defense in the NFL.

Not everyone.

I wouldn't call it a waste. Maybe he turns into a decent long term back up QB. That has value. Also most QBs don't turn into anything special. You need to take a shot. I would almost never criticize them for taking a shot on a QB. This year is the exception. I just hate everyone in this years draft pretty much.

He isn't good. I look at him and his play and I don't think he is an NFL starter. That is okay. Most people aren't. Most people drafted in the first round even aren't.

It is a hard thing. He just doesn't have it. That is my opinion and I could be wrong but I don't think I am. I would be happy to be wrong of course.

He was a project when the Patriots drafted him. Give him 3 years to develop and lets see where he ends up. I liked what I saw from him in limited action.

That's only because the binky of many around here bailed on the team at the last minute after he was expected to play. I know the GOAT wouldn't have done that. Neither would Brissett IMO. Both are really tough. JG? Who knows.
I wonder what someone would call the opposite of a binky, because that's what Garoppolo seems to you. He didn't play vs. Buffalo because he was injured. Reports were that he expected to play, wanted to play, but just couldn't go after testing his arm pre-game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots