PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What is wrong with Jacoby Brissett?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too early/Not enough game action to tell if he's a capable QB.

The reality is that Belichick and his staff know for a fact whether Brisset or Garappalo is our future.

So there's no reason to worry about which decision is made. Just from what we as fans have seen, Garappalo is by far the better bet.

Time will tell

I think it's as simple as this: we don't know yet. Remember all the oooing and ahhhing over Mallett's cannon arm and his alleged personality transplant? The personality turned out to be a Cutleresque, the arm beyond control. Brisset seems a fine fellow, and Legendary Bill #1 loves him, but that's just not enough.

Way to cherry pick....dont forget that was after a year on the bench.....and he was called a game manager for much of his early career.

I am not trying to compare the two, but you guys are way down on Jacoby for no apparent reason
And you're way up on him for no apparent reason. There's really zero rationale to root for Brisset over JG

Can you think of any solid reasons?

BB knew at the end of his first season what he had in #12, it took one hit away for him taking over.. accuracy and decision making are the key..

What I liked about Brissett last year was he was assigned to mentor Michael Floyd and looked as though he did that graciously.. the Pats valued him enough not to put him on IR so he could practice with the team for the rest of the year.

I suspect that the Pats know enough about Brissett to be able to tell if he can play that position.. I suspect that all of this is about driving up the value of Jimmy G. and still believe we will be picking in the first and second round, just to do a big FU to Roger and all his Madison Ave. lemmings...

Heh. If this were ESPN, accusations of racism would already be aflyin'. Thank goodness we're better than that.

And you're way up on him for no apparent reason. There's really zero rationale to root for Brisset over JG

Can you think of any solid reasons?

Yeah Brady is going to play for 3-5 more years and Brissett will be undercontrol for 3 more years Jimmy G will for 1 year.

He's raw, that's all. I will have a much better sense of him after next pre-season. The biggest concern right now, at least imo, is release/delivery. In his playing time this season his delivery and release looked long and slow, if he's going to succeed he will have to change that dramatically this offseason. I'd like to see him start working with Tom House to see how much he can change his mechanics this offseason. From everything we hear he has all the intangibles he just needs a great deal of work on mechanics, as well as an understanding of how to read defense's. If he can make some serious strides in these areas this offseason we could see a very different player next year. It's going to be really interesting to see how far he can come in these areas.

He's raw, that's all. I will have a much better sense of him after next pre-season. The biggest concern right now, at least imo, is release/delivery. In his playing time this season his delivery and release looked long and slow, if he's going to succeed he will have to change that dramatically this offseason. I'd like to see him start working with Tom House to see how much he can change his mechanics this offseason. From everything we hear he has all the intangibles he just needs a great deal of work on mechanics, as well as an understanding of how to read defense's. If he can make some serious strides in these areas this offseason we could see a very different player next year. It's going to be really interesting to see how far he can come in these areas.
That's it really. Brissett's mechanics are ...not good. JG came into the league with perfect mechanics, which allowed him to focus on the other parts of the game.

I don't think mechanics are that easy to correct. Not when you have to basically break down and correct every part of how you've thrown the ball your entire life.

Well IF JG is traded that will say everything about what BB thinks of JB, if JG isn't traded that will also say a lot about what BB thinks of JB. Trading JG is the right thing to do. If JB were entering his 4th year and JG was coming off his rookie year I would say the same thing about rading JB. BB saw a lot of JG as a rookie and has seen JB as a rookie, HE understands just each player is now and what they can be. So watch what BB does instead of speculation by fanboys who haven't a clue.
Now we know the downside of the political forum being shut down: people clueless about world affairs wandering forth to prove themselves equally clueless about football.

I just know that Jacoby's release is not as fast as Jimmys....

Yes, I'm sure Brady would have played if he couldn't lift his arm. He probably would have thrown left handed, 4TDS!

No, only Jimmy Garrapolo can do that.

He could be real good but Jimmy G is a much higher level QB than JB will ever imagine being. My not so humble opinion of course.

No doubt, he's probably the greatest Quarterback in history.

Now we know the downside of the political forum being shut down: people clueless about world affairs wandering forth to prove themselves equally clueless about football.

Sounds like you two have some unsettled business that has nothing to do with football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST