PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What is Wrong with Brady? The Debate Continues...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You wouldn't get out of bed if you were Brady because you don't have the work ethic.

I don't make the Patriots do anything personally, but fanbases do have some effect on teams. If they don't, then why even have teams with regional affiliations rather than touring the country like a carnival? Basically, you've been arguing this whole time that none of being a fan means anything. It sounds like the reason you watch is because you don't feel you have anything better to do. If the sport doesn't impact you and you can't derive any pleasure from it from a strategic standpoint... honestly, why watch?

What I have been arguing all along is that this team and Tom Brady in particular doesn’t need crybaby ***** fans like you. And you have proven that throughout this thread by calling Brady a liability and claiming your criticism is what really drives them. I have also been claiming that fans like you are morons, and I’m grateful you proved that beyond a shadow of a doubt. 12-3, #1 seed next week, and the QB wins MVP, it really sucks rooting for this team, thanks for being there to point that out, over and over and over and over ........

What I have been arguing all along is that this team and Tom Brady in particular doesn’t need crybaby ***** fans like you. And you have proven that throughout this thread by calling Brady a liability and claiming your criticism is what really drives them. I have also been claiming that fans like you are morons, and I’m grateful you proved that beyond a shadow of a doubt. 12-3, #1 seed next week, and the QB wins MVP, it really sucks rooting for this team, thanks for being there to point that out, over and over and over and over ........
And thanks for replying with your insight to my posts over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over. I'm glad we're 12-3 and fans like you haven't caused the team to get complacent and overconfident.

I'm also grateful this Christmas that I met a PatsFans poster who was so quick to use "*****" to help mask his inability to engage in a meaningful dialogue. As Denis Leary says, it warms the ****les of my heart. Thank you man, and I'll be rooting for this team to improve this next week so we can beat the Jest.

Sounds like it is since a lot of people are opposing the OP
Thank God for everyone who had me see the error of my ways. Those interceptions of Brady's were just magical rainbows of goodness that weren't turnovers, but merely Brady doing his best Santa cosplay where he gives other teams gifts. And yet we went 3-1 and I'm ecstatic. We'll likely be 13-3, when in many years this club would be 11-5. Let's hope we can improve and pull out another title. The NFC is fierce this year.

Because throwing a 10-1 TD-INT ratio is difficult to sustain?

For long stretches of this season Brady was throwing the ball (especially the deep ball) as well as any QB in the history of the game.

Brady could be padding his stats with 1 yard TD's in garbage time like his one-time rival but he prefers the smash mouth mentality of running it in.

Even if you question his pure statistical output, you can't deny that the man is a great leader - a genuine leader of men who guys follow instinctively.

When you score 37 points against a very solid D you don't look for problems with the QB.

Brady’s “ struggles,” for those who believe an MVP season is a sign of failure, come because he is dealing with the losses of his two top WR’s, one of whom was his go to receiver on 3rd downs, and the other the WR who stretched the field horizontally. And when you add in the loss of a Pro Bowl RT and his 3rd down back you limit the time he has to get rid of the ball, his receiving options, and the size of the field he’s playing in, as defenses take away the middle of the field. Throw in injuries to his Achilles and his throwing hand and you have a situation 90% if QB’s would flat out fail in, yet Brady has dropped one game since the first week of October. And still we have to suffer the fools who pretend it’s Brady’s game that is the issue? It’s really ridiculous.

And thanks for replying with your insight to my posts over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over. I'm glad we're 12-3 and fans like you haven't caused the team to get complacent and overconfident.

I'm also grateful this Christmas that I met a PatsFans poster who was so quick to use "*****" to help mask his inability to engage in a meaningful dialogue. As Denis Leary says, it warms the ****les of my heart. Thank you man, and I'll be rooting for this team to improve this next week so we can beat the Jest.

If you were open to facts calling you a ***** wouldn’t be necessary. But since reality plays no role in your argument it’s the best response to it, as that’s all you are doing is crying and *****ing. Brady has earned the league MVP this season, and while I get the trolls like Parker and Kellermans bashing him listening to that sh.t from supposed fans like you is truly disgusting.

If you were open to facts calling you a ***** wouldn’t be necessary. But since reality plays no role in your argument it’s the best response to it, as that’s all you are doing is crying and *****ing. Brady has earned the league MVP this season, and while I get the trolls like Parker and Kellermans bashing him listening to that sh.t from supposed fans like you is truly disgusting.
I didn't say Brady hasn't had an MVP season. He deserves that title and has faced adversity. I'm merely suggesting that his 4td-5int performance the past month hasn't been up to his standard of play. And for making that observation, you've labelled me a *****.

ps. I'm a Patriots fan above a Brady fan. I want the team to succeed and don't have a problem calling a spade a spade.

I didn't say Brady hasn't had an MVP season. He deserves that title and has faced adversity. I'm merely suggesting that his 4td-5int performance the past month hasn't been up to his standard of play. And for making that observation, you've labelled me a *****.

I labeled you a ***** because you are one. They are 4-1 over the past five weeks, put up 27 on Pittsburgh and 37 on Buffalo the past two games, yet your complaint is that he doesn’t have more touchdown passes, and that he has actually thrown interceptions while going 4-1. Newsflash Sparky his job is to win games, not accumulate stats, and he has done just that.

ps. I'm a Patriots fan above a Brady fan. I want the team to succeed and don't have a problem calling a spade a spade.

And I have no problem calling a moron a moron.

I’m done with you, I really can’t stand PFF idiots.

Off to ignore you go.

And I have no problem calling a moron a moron.

Moron
Truly profound sentiments. For a while, I thought you may have been right that I was a tad harsh on Brady. But now I realize, based on your antics, that my gut was right all along: Patriots "fans" have gotten complacent with Brady. He is the GOAT, but week-to-week shouldn't we, you know, celebrate the highs and lows?

Even Homer Simpson couldn't out Homer you, Ivan. And in all honesty, for a fan board, maybe there is no bigger compliment. You really have shown true zeal defending Brady for any and all criticisms. And that takes effort. Bravo. And good cheer.

Brady is perfectly happy letting his RB’s get the glory, he doesn’t need to pad stats like Manning did.
Actually, Brady is the bigger “vulture” than Manning. The percentage of all of Brady’s TD passes that were 1yd TD passes is higher than the %age of Manning’s TD passes that were 1yd TD passes. That can be verified at pro-football-reference.com. I believe the same is true for 5yd or less, though it’s been longer since I ran that query so I can’t claim to be sure about that one.

I do give him the benefit of the doubt. I think he'll be fine in a few weeks. What most people on here refuse to accept is that his play today, in some respects, was hurting the rest of the team. If a player coughs up the ball... we complain about that player all week. Why shouldn't we hold Brady to the same standard we hold everyone else. I'm simply saying... let's always hold each player accountable rather than giving a veteran the "benefit of the doubt." That attitude is an open excuse for complacency.

You are right. He wasn’t great yesterday, and definitely not perfect. He has been missing his top targets all year. Achilles was hurt. They have been playing teams fighting for their playoff lives with top defenses. It’s just that when he does something bad, just give him a chance to make up for it, and not cut him down so much. It’s like the ints in the Super Bowl, he threw some doozies but he made up for it.

Only here could your qb put up 37 points on the benefit of zero takeaways and average drive start of the 24 complete 75% of his passes for over 8 ypa, put up 28 first downs, have 9 drives result in 4 TDs and 3 FGs and 1 punt and despite being the greatest to ever play the game his own fans response to locking up an 8th consecutive first round bye is what’s wrong with the qb.
Unreal.

Forget it, Andy. The "Knowers" are supremely confident in their complete idiocy.

brady was 21-28 with a QBR of 106....must be something wrong. that QBR was actually better than Jimmy G yesterday.

Bradys last 5 games, (the games he has thrown ints.)

106/164 64.6%
1240 yards 7.56 ypa
8. TDs
28.4 ppg
6 ints

4 wins 1 loss Including 4 division games and 3 roads games.

Yes Brady has thrown some ints, but other than that Brady has been Brady. To suggest that 6 passes over 5 weeks, rather than the other 158 means something is wrong with Brady is just someone searching for a complaint to make.

brady was 21-28 with a QBR of 106....must be something wrong. that QBR was actually better than Jimmy G yesterday.
...and after review it looks like on the INT Brady and Britt were not on the same page. Not sure who's fault it was.

...and after review it looks like on the INT Brady and Britt were not on the same page. Not sure who's fault it was.

seemed very similar to the interception against the texans to michael floyd...once we get hogan back, brady wont have to be throwing to guys who have been on the team a week or 2..

I read Maine's original post as an inquiry, not a criticism. As an invitation to conversation, not a complaint.
Merry Christmas everyone.

I'm also grateful this Christmas that I met a PatsFans poster who was so quick to use "*****" to help mask his inability to engage in a meaningful dialogue. .

There is nothing wrong with being concerned about TB, criticizing TB or even worrying if the end is sooner than we thought. Again, not sure if I would go so far to call TB a liability coming off a win like that but whatever.

What I find interesting is this. While @Ivan may have called you a ***** which - in your words "mask his inability to engage in a meaningful dialogue", you have repeatedly used words like homer, snowflake, and fanboy in your argument seemingly to insult a contingent posters here who, I guess, just blindly root for Brady or something?

I read the entire GDT plus a lot more. I dont think there is one poster here who thinks Brady is infallible, not playing his best, or worried about his performance in the upcoming playoffs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents