PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What is Wrong with Brady? The Debate Continues...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Brady has made some mistakes and bad decisions. We're not blind. There's no need to create a thread and argue it to death. We know. Tom knows. He's not defined by his mistakes. He's defined by his response to them. I like his chances.

...and after review it looks like on the INT Brady and Britt were not on the same page. Not sure who's fault it was.

Given that Britt's so early in the learning curve on the Pats offense and Brady's preferences, I'd rather think of it as accelerated, high risk training camp. Nobody's fault, just necessary work being done to see if he can be made useful by post season.

What is wrong with Brady?

He’s the leading candidate for MVP in 2017.

He has led them to a 12-3 season despite losing numerous top skill players.

He was 2nd in MVP voting in 2016.

He was named the best player in football by his peers in 2016, and he’s the only player to be in their top 5 for the last 3,5,and 7 years in their yearly vote.

He has been the best player in football for the last five seasons, and he’s the only QB to win multiple Lombardi's over that period of time.

And despite all of this there are actually people who call themselves Patriot fans who label him “ a liability,” and call those who stand by his success “ homers.?”

GTFOOH

I read Maine's original post as an inquiry, not a criticism. As an invitation to conversation, not a complaint.
Merry Christmas everyone.

he is the same poster though in the Jimmy thread stating how much better jimmy is now and we shouldve traded brady...

either way, I think the achilles possibly has hindered bradys play...but he is off the injury report and healthy now so he should be back to his normal self. I dont see how you can watch yesterday (besides the pick) or that game winning drive against the steelers and not think Brady looks like brady.

There's no need to create a thread and argue it to death. We know. Tom knows. He's not defined by his mistakes. He's defined by his response to them. I like his chances.

Maine made the post, yes. But he's not arguing it to death. He's only defending the reasonableness of his original question.
I think Maine likes his chances as much as the rest of us.
None of this is binary.

I was AT the game yesterday with Tunescribe. During the 1st half I repeatedly turned to Tunes and said "Brady looks like shyt today...if he doesn't wake the **** up we're in deep doo doo"...midway through the third quarter I said to Tunes "looks like he got whatever the hell it was straightened out at halftime..." My comfort level increased a thousand fold. It's NFL football for chrissakes. It's super fast, super physical the entire 60 minutes. Sometimes you get the bull and sometimes you get the horns in this game. That INT on the Britt target down there at the 15 or whatever, I wanted a run or a screen but they play the way they play now matter how much it pi$$es off the fans. After the game I told Tunes "just wait until you read the "knower of things" blabber/blubber fest when you log on tonight...and of course, we're never disappointed. The passive aggressive, monocular paranoids always come out in force, always have all their precious little factoids lined up , ready to cram them down everybody's throats incessantly until total acquiescent to THEIR particular peccadillo is achieved. AFAIC this is about as ****nutz a way to go through life as a Pats fan as I can imagine but...that's life.

Last edited:
The passive aggressive, monocular paranoids always come out in force, always have all their precious little factoids lined up , ready to cram them down everybody's throats incessantly until total acquiescent to THEIR particular peccadillo is achieved.

You forgot the part about them crying "insult" the minute you mention anything remotely objectionable to them, while at the same time they are hurling multiple blind insults at the whole board.

You forgot the part about them crying "insult" the minute you mention anything remotely objectionable to them, while at the same time they are hurling multiple blind insults at the whole board.

That is de riguer for all "Knowers"... personally I just assume the insults are part and parcel of the overall pathology.

He hasn't had a 300 yard passing game in awhile but i think that's by design. They have tried to run the ball a lot more with Lewis.

He hasn't had a 300 yard passing game in awhile but i think that's by design. They have tried to run the ball a lot more with Lewis.

Setting Edelman aside adding Hogan, Burkhead, and James White back into the offense will give Brady a much better set of skill players to work with.

...and after review it looks like on the INT Brady and Britt were not on the same page. Not sure who's fault it was.

He looked off Gronk and came back to Britt late on the slant. He threw the ball like it was a checkdown and Poyer spied Britt all the way and jumped the route. I just think Poyer made an unexpected play and Brady didn’t make the read because he looked off Gronk.

He looked off Gronk and came back to Britt late on the slant. He threw the ball like it was a checkdown and Poyer spied Britt all the way and jumped the route. I just think Poyer made an unexpected play and Brady didn’t make the read because he looked off Gronk.

Brady did this a few times during the 1st half as I'm remembering. On one set Brady drops back and looks center/right never even looking left where a wide open Gronk has his arms up. It's the play call combined with real time. You're going to miss some plays. Every QB in NFL history has missed plays, has had their share of could've/should've's. Only here in NE is this some sort of national disgrace calling for immediate rectification/perfection

So my wondering what Brady has to work on (i.e. why he is struggling, relative to his usual standards), is me not wanting our QB to work a little? I think this entire thread is quite amusing since most of the fans on here don't want to discuss what Brady needs to work on, but rather would hum en masse "lalala GOAT GOAT!".

Brady is the greatest of all time, but he has achieved that mantle by asking more of himself and demanding those around him (including fans) challenge him to maintain his standard of excellence. What most in this thread have argued, conversely, is that we should just be grateful for everything Brady-related and not consistently hold him and the Patriots to the highest of standards. Standards, I might add, that place him and the team above all other teams. Is questioning what is wrong with him, as a manner of establishing "What can he and the Patriots do better?" that wrong and laughable? Such questions are said from a place of wanting this team to win another Super Bowl and not from a whiny, entitled position.

He is a human being dipshit. What are you a quarterback coach? He has had a tough season with most of his trusted receivers injured or unavailable. What expertise do you bring to the table to judge quarterbacks? All through your period of concern he has been winning games, so what is your problem?

What you need is to root for the Cleveland Browns for a while. What's wrong with them? give them a call they might hire you.

Brady is part of a team and when they have missing or injured defense, offensive line, or especially receivers, the whole team suffers. Maybe you can get Brady to apologize to you for only getting 12 or 13 wins this season.

Nothing you say is going to help the team win a super bowl. Brady winning, again, might.

Although I wasn’t s fan of the Britt pick up I understand now why they felt the need to sign him. Without Hogan and White the Patriots don’t have the ability to stretch the field horizontally and that allows defenses to focus on shutting down everything inside the numbers. Brady, like every other QB, is going to have a much tougher time when defenses only have to shut down the middle of the field, which imo is why we see them taking so many deep shots, as it’s the only way to stretch a defense out. If they can get Hogan, White, and Burkhead healthy enough to really contribute in the play offs then we are going to see a much better offense.

On defense it’s more problematic, as even if they get Van Noy and Branch back they are still going to struggle with backs who can exploit them in pass coverage, and Mobile QB’s who can extend plays and burn them running for first downs. The offense is most likely going to have to bail them out in the playoffs, but they have the offense to do that if they play well. Winning #6 isn’t going to be easy but winning Lombardi’s has never come easy to them, but somehow they usually find the way to get that done.

This isn’t a dominant Patriots team, and winning another Lombardi won’t be easy, but they still have the team to get that done.

Brady did this a few times during the 1st half as I'm remembering. On one set Brady drops back and looks center/right never even looking left where a wide open Gronk has his arms up. It's the play call combined with real time. You're going to miss some plays. Every QB in NFL history has missed plays, has had their share of could've/should've's. Only here in NE is this some sort of national disgrace calling for immediate rectification/perfection

Even our lord enabled a bunch of alcoholics after they drank the whole allotment of wine. Nobody's perfect.

So my wondering what Brady has to work on (i.e. why he is struggling, relative to his usual standards), is me not wanting our QB to work a little? I think this entire thread is quite amusing since most of the fans on here don't want to discuss what Brady needs to work on, but rather would hum en masse "lalala GOAT GOAT!".

Brady is the greatest of all time, but he has achieved that mantle by asking more of himself and demanding those around him (including fans) challenge him to maintain his standard of excellence. What most in this thread have argued, conversely, is that we should just be grateful for everything Brady-related and not consistently hold him and the Patriots to the highest of standards. Standards, I might add, that place him and the team above all other teams. Is questioning what is wrong with him, as a manner of establishing "What can he and the Patriots do better?" that wrong and laughable? Such questions are said from a place of wanting this team to win another Super Bowl and not from a whiny, entitled position.

I think he could use a week in Aruba. Why not give Krafty a call and suggest it?

He can’t survey the field and decide who is open. He has progressions. If a guy who is not in his progressions is open and he looks to him first he isn’t doing his job. It’s like saying a rb in a sweep left missed that the right side of the field was wide open.

brady was 21-28 with a QBR of 106....must be something wrong. that QBR was actually better than Jimmy G yesterday.

But how about the the autistic eye test ? Would he survive the Gronk ? Hurr Durr..

He can’t survey the field and decide who is open. He has progressions. If a guy who is not in his progressions is open and he looks to him first he isn’t doing his job. It’s like saying a rb in a sweep left missed that the right side of the field was wide open.

One glorious day the broadcast team will be able to give you a sync'd up view of a QB in the pocket at the same time as the shots of receivers in their routes and people will finally realize that a QB only has 2 eyes, not great peripheral vision and has to follow certain progressions. And if players are getting open at the wrong time then there is nothing that can be done about that.

I cant believe that all of this is still so stupidly handled..

He is a human being dipshit. What are you a quarterback coach? He has had a tough season with most of his trusted receivers injured or unavailable. What expertise do you bring to the table to judge quarterbacks? All through your period of concern he has been winning games, so what is your problem?

What you need is to root for the Cleveland Browns for a while. What's wrong with them? give them a call they might hire you.

Brady is part of a team and when they have missing or injured defense, offensive line, or especially receivers, the whole team suffers. Maybe you can get Brady to apologize to you for only getting 12 or 13 wins this season.

Nothing you say is going to help the team win a super bowl. Brady winning, again, might.
But statistics.....
But how can a QB be good scoring 28 ppg if they score on running plays instead of only passes.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe