PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What is Wrong with Brady? The Debate Continues...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It almost feels like you are a moron.

I take that back, you are a moron.
The sauce is weak with this one. You can't even use stats from the game, but instead look for your fellow posters to bail out your tired insults. It's really sad, honestly. Why do you hate legitimate debate so much?

You must believe the Patriots won’t score if you go to the kitchen for a beer.

Newsflash, nothing any of us think has anything to do with the Patriots success or failure, and your idiocy about holding them accountable is just that.
So you don't think that the media and fans have any impact on teams, despite media circuses like Spygate costing the team picks and Brady a suspension. Talk about disconnected from reality. We aren't on the field, obviously, but fan support has a modicum of impact on team personnel choices and play calling (depending on crowd noise).

The sauce is weak with this one. You can't even use stats from the game, but instead look for your fellow posters to bail out your tired insults. It's really sad, honestly. Why do you hate legitimate debate so much?

You were already given stats from the game, you ignored them and continued on about “ homers” and your personal quest to hold the Patriots and Brady “accountable,” at which point I simply held you accountable for being a moron. I’m sorry but I had no choice, if I don’t do that you will become even more complacent and even more of an idiot. I don’t want that to happen so I am demanding more of you than moronic comments and idiotic posts.

You were already given stats from the game, you ignored them and continued on about “ homers” and your personal quest to hold the Patriots and Brady “accountable,” at which point I simply held you accountable for being a moron. I’m sorry but I had no choice, if I don’t do that you will become even more complacent and even more of an idiot. I don’t want that to happen so I am demanding more of you than moronic comments and idiotic posts.

I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

So you don't think that the media and fans have any impact on teams, despite media circuses like Spygate costing the team picks and Brady a suspension. Talk about disconnected from reality. We aren't on the field, obviously, but fan support has a modicum of impact on team personnel choices and play calling (depending on crowd noise).

No, I don’t think idiot fans and idiot media have any impact on the team. I am wondering however how fans had anything to do with Brady’s suspension and lost draft picks. Please explain?

#1 seed coming next week, cry about that *****.
I don't know where you get your vileness from, but I'll be rooting for them to win the #1 seed with a good performance from Brady.

And you'll be trolling on here about how anyone who attempts to even question your worldview is a moron.

The troll is the person who claimed Brady was a “ liability,” you know, like a Rob Parker, Shannon Sharpe, or Max Zkellerman would, and that wasn’t me.

I wonder who that was?
It was me. I'm not hiding, even though you're trying to characterize things that way so you can't score points with your fanboys.

Did you really just say this?

Fans influence Belichick’s personnel decisions and play calling?

Really?

Ill leave this here, it’s the perfect place to end this. Time for Christmas to begin.

No, I don’t think idiot fans and idiot media have any impact on the team. I am wondering however how fans had anything to do with Brady’s suspension and lost draft picks. Please explain?
Pressure from the fanbase league-wide led, in part, to Goodell hammering the Patriots with an unprecedented penalty. Fan uproar over sexual assault claims and things like dog fighting charges (with M. Vick) have also led to teams cutting ties with players or refusing to sign certain guys. I'm simply stating that the way fans engage with teams actually has a slight impact on how they shape rosters. I'm not saying fans dictate in a significant way, but they do have an impact. If your involvement as a fan is 100% meaningless, where you cheering in the stands or talking about the Patriots online (thus advocating certain positions and potentially representing the team to other fanbases), I'm not sure why you are a fan in the first place. What do you derive from watching them if you don't feel remotely involved as a fan and don't wish to even question the narratives that you've heard from elsewhere. In other words, why even give a ****?

It was me. I'm not hiding, even though you're trying to characterize things that way so you can't score points with your fanboys.

I do wonder about individuals like yourself.

You take what can only be described as a controversial/negative nancy position after a big/important win and then clap your hands to side of your head in wonderment at the response.

You wanted attention, now you've got it - you're crying about it.

Taking the time to start a thread that decries the Greatest QB of all time as a 'liability' makes me wonder of you've started early on the egg-nog or need a concussion test.

Did you really just say this?

Fans influence Belichick’s personnel decisions and play calling?

Really?

Ill leave this here, it’s the perfect place to end this. Time for Christmas to begin.
Next time one of the players has a shaky issue with drugs/pills (cough Chandler Jones), let's see if Belichick brings down the hammer or not. I'd love to have Chandler rushing the passer, but Belichick didn't want to risk a bad pr story with everything else going on with Deflategate. Honestly, do you not think these things matter.

Merry Christmas.

I do wonder about individuals like yourself.

You take what can only be described as a controversial/negative nancy position after a big/important win and then clap your hands to side of your head in wonderment at the response.

You wanted attention, now you've got it - you're crying about it.

Taking the time to start a thread that decries the Greatest QB of all time as a 'liability' makes me wonder of you've started early on the egg-nog or need a concussion test.
I have no problem taking the heat. I just ask for people to explain away Brady throwing more interceptions than touchdowns the past month. His qbr has been good over that stretch, but the stats don't like - he is making more mistakes.

But, nah... I should just say "yay!" and not be provocative because I might upset everyone on Christmas. What a bunch of snowflakes.

Pressure from the fanbase league-wide led, in part, to Goodell hammering the Patriots with an unprecedented penalty. Fan uproar over sexual assault claims and things like dog fighting charges (with M. Vick) have also led to teams cutting ties with players or refusing to sign certain guys. I'm simply stating that the way fans engage with teams actually has a slight impact on how they shape rosters. I'm not saying fans dictate in a significant way, but they do have an impact. If your involvement as a fan is 100% meaningless, where you cheering in the stands or talking about the Patriots online (thus advocating certain positions and potentially representing the team to other fanbases), I'm not sure why you are a fan in the first place. What do you derive from watching them if you don't feel remotely involved as a fan and don't wish to even question the narratives that you've heard from elsewhere. In other words, why even give a ****?

I derive pleasure from being a Patriots fan, I don’t need to cry and ***** to do that. You apparently do.

Keep holding them accountable Sparky, you’re the key to their success. Brady wouldn’t get out of bed without you.*

* Although I admit I wouldn’t get out of bed if I were Brady, but that’s just me.

I have no problem taking the heat. I just ask for people to explain away Brady throwing more interceptions than touchdowns the past month. His qbr has been good over that stretch, but the stats don't like - he is making more mistakes.

But, nah... I should just say "yay!" and not be provocative because I might upset everyone on Christmas. What a bunch of snowflakes.

Because throwing a 10-1 TD-INT ratio is difficult to sustain?

For long stretches of this season Brady was throwing the ball (especially the deep ball) as well as any QB in the history of the game.

Brady could be padding his stats with 1 yard TD's in garbage time like his one-time rival but he prefers the smash mouth mentality of running it in.

Even if you question his pure statistical output, you can't deny that the man is a great leader - a genuine leader of men who guys follow instinctively.

When you score 37 points against a very solid D you don't look for problems with the QB.

I derive pleasure from being a Patriots fan, I don’t need to cry and ***** to do that. You apparently do.

Keep holding them accountable Sparky, you’re the key to their success. Brady wouldn’t get out of bed without you.*

* Although I admit I wouldn’t get out of bed if I were Brady, but that’s just me.
You wouldn't get out of bed if you were Brady because you don't have the work ethic.

I don't make the Patriots do anything personally, but fanbases do have some effect on teams. If they don't, then why even have teams with regional affiliations rather than touring the country like a carnival? Basically, you've been arguing this whole time that none of being a fan means anything. It sounds like the reason you watch is because you don't feel you have anything better to do. If the sport doesn't impact you and you can't derive any pleasure from it from a strategic standpoint... honestly, why watch?

You wouldn't get out of bed if you were Brady because you don't have the work ethic.

I don't make the Patriots do anything personally, but fanbases do have some effect on teams. If they don't, then why even have teams with regional affiliations rather than touring the country like a carnival? Basically, you've been arguing this whole time that none of being a fan means anything. It sounds like the reason you watch is because you don't feel you have anything better to do. If the sport doesn't impact you and you can't derive any pleasure from it from a strategic standpoint... honestly, why watch?

I wouldn’t get out of bed because Giselle would be next to me.

For long stretches of this season Brady was throwing the ball (especially the deep ball) as well as any QB in the history of the game.

Brady could be padding his stats with 1 yard TD's in garbage time like his one-time rival but he prefers the smash mouth mentality of running it in.

Even if you question his pure statistical output, you can't deny that the man is a great leader - a genuine leader of men who guys follow instinctively.

When you score 37 points against a very solid D you don't look for problems with the QB.

Brady is perfectly happy letting his RB’s get the glory, he doesn’t need to pad stats like Manning did. And what matters for a QB is points and winning, both of which Brady accomplished significantly. For some reason that’s never enough for the *****es.

When did I question any of this? I stand by my original post that called him a liability in this one select game. The running game bailed the Patriots out and they should be proud of the team's effort. If Brady doesn't get that run support, the way he plays against teams like the Ravens/Bills with good pass rushes means that the Patriots don't win this game.

Making their success on the ground all about Brady "preferring the smash mouth" is taking away the team element of this win. Josh called a great game, helping to protect Brady with the run while also using that success running to set up some key passes. Why is Brady being questioned when he throws a pick 6 such a bad thing? Sure, the team put up 37 points - but that wasn't because the QB play was flawless. It was because the running game was phenomenal against nickel.

Brady is perfectly happy letting his RB’s get the glory, he doesn’t need to pad stats like Manning did. And what matters for a QB is points and winning, both of which Brady accomplished significantly. For some reason that’s never enough for the *****es.
On this we agree - the RB's had the glory today because they were the ones winning the game for this team. And I couldn't be happier we agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes