PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What is the word on Mayo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With both captains done for the year does the team get to name new ones? McCourty and Talib please

Don't worry, guys. He's the worst OLB in the NFL according to PFF! :lol2:

Re: Mayo done for the year

It wasn't? :bricks:

Losing Mayo for year...Talib for a few weeks...O is going to have to bail them out for the next few weeks. We don't even know when Kelly will be back

Wilfork was a shell of himself this year before the injury. The Pats did a great job grounding the Saints' high powered offense, held the Bengals to 13 points, and pretty much kept Ryan and the Falcons' offense at bay. I don't know what games you have been watching, but this defense really didn't miss a beat without Wilfork.

But I don't want to turn this into a Wilfork thread.

so bad luck means we should fire coaches?

It just wasn't meant to be this year.
Quell that woe is me talk. The Patriots will overcome this. Why? Because that's what champions do. This team is special. I can feel it. They will rise above all this adversity. We as fans should never waiver in our support of our team, because we know they haven't given up.

I read on Twitter, he wouldn't be able to practice for six weeks and could be back in 8 weeks. I wonder if they carry him for the playoffs.

link?

10 chars

After watching the 2004 team deal with all of its injuries and win a Super Bowl anyway, I'm going to hold off on reading any last rites for the foreseeable future. There are too many things that we don't know at this point. Who knows, it's entirely possible that Hightower and Collins will turn out to be really, really good in expanded roles.

I also wouldn't be shocked to see him come back down the stretch, toward the end of the season. We'll see if he gets IRed later this week.

Just read that he's likely done for the season...that sucks. Injuries are a brutal reality when it comes to the NFL. Even if all of the pieces of your team are in place to make a run, players often get hurt and throw a wrench in those plans.

link?

10 chars

From Mike Petraglia (I wonder if Dr. Gill will get in his face for this Tweet):

Have confirmed Mayo surgery on torn pectoral. Here's the deal. Out at least 8 weeks. Can start working out again in 6 weeks. #Patriots

https://twitter.com/Trags/status/390266429104463872

If he's a quick healer, Mayo being out for the season is NOT a given. Depends on the healing and rehab. #Patriots

https://twitter.com/Trags/status/390267663471349760

Quell that woe is me talk. The Patriots will overcome this. Why? Because that's what champions do. This team is special. I can feel it. They will rise above all this adversity. We as fans should never waiver in our support of our team, because we know they haven't given up.

Didn't the 04 SB team have some injuries at the beginning of the year to key players and that year turned out OK. I remember thinking this is a lot to overcome and Bruschi said we're not giving up, we have guys that can step in and do the job.

Edit: BFTW confirmed it was 04

Kinda reminds me of the 2010 Packers. So many injuries, but we all know what the ending of that was. REALLY hoping we get a similar ending.

Oh nooooooooo.

WHY, WHY, WHY!!!![/nancykerrigan]

if there is any bright lining, collins can finally show us his stuff.

Show me one team that has lost their top 2 defensive players for the year, and their top receiver for 80% of the year, and the best TE in football all year so far.Also the teams 3 rd best defensive player is about to miss some games too with a Hip Flexor. All teams have injuries, but none as drastic as the Pats, yet the Pats are 5-1. There is no way the Pats can avoid these injuries from not taking their toll, it's just impossible. Sooner or later, we are gonna start losing games because of these injuries. I am shocked the Pats are 5-1, and quite frankly, damned proud of the Pats.

Let's be clear: Talib is far and away the Pats most important defender. As I said after the Wilfork injury, I have no fear of Peyton or anybody else as long as we go into battle with our top 3 CBs, McCourty, and C Jones healthy.

Kinda reminds me of the 2010 Packers. So many injuries, but we all know what the ending of that was. REALLY hoping we get a similar ending.

Ravens to an extent last year also.

Wonder how many more injuries this team can take before they start to lose games they should win. At least on D. On O they will be getting a few back...but on D....now the most valuable is/are jones/talib

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference