PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What is BB's biggest mistake as head coach/GM of Patriots?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What is BB's single biggest mistake as Patriot's Head Coach/GM?

• Total voters
Oh good lord...so Belichick made Brady better by drafting a QB that didnt play. Dude you are on another planet. All I know is this. Bill is the best coach of all time, and has 1 playoff win without Brady in his 25 year career as a head coach. He kept Brady on this team for 19 years for some reason. You obviously have some rage going through you that Brady left and still won, and it has left you a mess.

He had the 1 playoff win after being allowed to pick the QB of his choosing and he's only coached here, inheriting a total mess Carroll and Grier left him.

In 1995, many pundits had Cleveland in the SB before the move was announced in Sept that year. How do you not know this?

Notice the pattern. When HE CHOOSES his QB, he gets the results, including Brady. Brady was a Phil Simms style game manager who was protected by BB as the GM and Coach as Brady started out. I am sorry you missed the early part of Brady's career, but everyone knows those teams were built defense first and for the QB to not make mistakes. Brady did it very well.

Even the first SB win was won by the D and STs, but some of you apparently missed his early career or weren't even born yet.

Enabling selfish narcissists is something I absolutely disagree with, yes. It's not rage. It's realizing what a problem it is in a team environemnt. I think it's a problem in society and I think BB was dealing with trying to manage a possibly uncoachable Brady who couldn't be held accountable with that ego after marrying Giselle. Even ditching Moynihan while pregnant speaks to this. Ego. It's never good and BB saw it a long time ago. I am just thankful he drafted JimmyG and started working with him in case he really did need to move on.

It's arguably his greatest draft pick outside of drafting Brady himself.

And, you thinking Brady came in to the NFL telling Belichick what's up in terms of knowing the sports, means you're batdung crazy.

Last edited:
Yeah well here is what actually happened. **** Rehbein was the reason Brady was drafted. Bill had no intention of drafting him. Brady was brought in as a throw away camp body and he worked his way all the way up to being the first on the field when Bledsoe went down. So if it was Bill that developed all of that, why didnt he do it with the QB's that were already on the roster? Did you know that where you are drafted does not dictate what you will be. Is Julian Edelman **** too because he was drafted in the 7th round? Montana was crap, 3rd rounder. But Sam Bradford was the bomb cause he was drafted first.
Yeah, who sent Rhebein to work Brady and Rattay out? Do you think Rhebein just took off without instruction to do so? I mean, how childish are you Bradyites? Do you work for a living? Do underlings just randomly do whatever they want where you work? Of course there was instruction and a targeting of Brady by Belichick. Nothing is an accident with him.

Who drafted all of these players and then coached them up? If the new GM on the team sends his QB Coach to work out a QB, how is it that new GM had no intention of drafting him even though he did? Do you even listen to yourself? Just how crazy are you people? 99.9% of teams wouldn't be sitting on an expensive franchise QB after taking a new job and draft a QB at all.

Did I know it doesn't matter where you drafted? Umm, yes? I am the one telling people that with a rookie cap since 2011, it doesn't matter because the money isn't much different. That's the point! Jakobi Meyers = Very Good. NKeal Harry = Not So Good So Far. Who cares where Belichick gets the player?

Were you asleep when BB got skewered in the press here in 2001 when Bledsoe was ready to return?

Brady owes his life to Belichick. No one wanted him! The only guy who MAY have invited him to their camp was the Chargers Mile Riley. That's the only person on record that can be proven that Brady was liked by someone other than BB and Rhebein.

Go ask Edelman who made his career. You just aren't very bright or started following this team recently.

Every stat you can spin against Brady handy in your back pocket. You're a one trick pony and have been here for a long time. You don't fool anyone
I quoted your post in error Dropkick. I meant to respond to Newera troll. Sorry.

Yeah, who sent Rhebein to work Brady and Rattay out? Do you think Rhebein just took off without instruction to do so? I mean, how childish are you Bradyites? Do you work for a living? Do underlings just randomly do whatever they want where you work? Of course there was instruction and a targeting of Brady by Belichick. Nothing is an accident with him.

Who drafted all of these players and then coached them up? If the new GM on the team sends his QB Coach to work out a QB, how is it that new GM had no intention of drafting him even though he did? Do you even listen to yourself? Just how crazy are you people? 99.9% of teams wouldn't be sitting on an expensive franchise QB after taking a new job and draft a QB at all.

Did I know it doesn't matter where you drafted? Umm, yes? I am the one telling people that with a rookie cap since 2011, it doesn't matter because the money isn't much different. That's the point! Jakobi Meyers = Very Good. NKeal Harry = Not So Good So Far. Who cares where Belichick gets the player?

Were you asleep when BB got skewered in the press here in 2001 when Bledsoe was ready to return?

Brady owes his life to Belichick. No one wanted him! The only guy who MAY have invited him to their camp was the Chargers Mile Riley. That's the only person on record that can be proven that Brady was liked by someone other than BB and Rhebein.

Go ask Edelman who made his career. You just aren't very bright or started following this team recently.
Yeah Players do nothing, they just let puppet master control their every move. No hard work, not overcoming anything, just Bill insert secret magic and poof hall of famer...It has worked on all the 10 QB's bill has drafted over the years. Brady had one chance....one...to get thrown out there when Bledsoe went down, to earn his way in the league...he did. They started winning when he got in. Bill saw this. It was not some super genius display. Oh;....we were 5-11 with bledsoe and then 0-2 to start the season, Brady comes in and starts winning games...hmmmm...

I love that you don't even see the nuance in the post. So great you continue to validate how obtuse you are. the perfect sidekick for bcg.
Oh DKFelger, never change!

Yeah well here is what actually happened. **** Rehbein was the reason Brady was drafted. Bill had no intention of drafting him. Brady was brought in as a throw away camp body and he worked his way all the way up to being the first on the field when Bledsoe went down. So if it was Bill that developed all of that, why didnt he do it with the QB's that were already on the roster? Did you know that where you are drafted does not dictate what you will be. Is Julian Edelman **** too because he was drafted in the 7th round? Montana was crap, 3rd rounder. But Sam Bradford was the bomb cause he was drafted first.
That's a typical Felger style idiot reading of history.

I mean I am not sure if Leftwhich is great, but I am not a big McDaniels fan. Sometimes he gets way to vanillia where I am sitting at home calling the plays before they happen. I remember a number of years I just wanted 1 freaking playaction inside the 5 yard line on second down. It works almost everytime.

It should be play action or run every single time within 15 yards. Pure idiocy to not even consider play action. Mac's 1 TD was play action. Everything else garbage calls.

Ironic for someone named joker to have a terrible sense of humor. What's also not funny though is crappy red zone offense going multiple years now since AB was cut.

Yeah Players do nothing, they just let puppet master control their every move. No hard work, not overcoming anything, just Bill insert secret magic and poof hall of famer...It has worked on all the 10 QB's bill has drafted over the years. Brady had one chance....one...to get thrown out there when Bledsoe went down, to earn his way in the league...he did. They started winning when he got in. Bill saw this. It was not some super genius display. Oh;....we were 5-11 with bledsoe and then 0-2 to start the season, Brady comes in and starts winning games...hmmmm...

I never said that. He picks the players is what I said. So, if you're saying the players win the games, I agree, but he picks and coaches the players. Do you see how dumb your comment is?

Do you honestly believe Belichick throws darts at a draft board at random? No. He looks for certain skill sets for certain positions. And then he coaches those players. These players aren't robots. They need to be coached.

If it was easy as having players, there wouldn't be so many awful GMs and Coaches in the last 20 years.

PS Only JimmyG was drafted to be a starter. Every other QB BB drafted were developmental QBs as back ups, etc. That's a fact per Greg Bedard. So, the other 9 QBs BB drafted, they were never meant to be some great QB elsewhere in a few years. BB is not in the business of putting his time in with back up QBs.

Everybody is stupid except you, including the entire management of the Patriots.

Just more bad extrapolation from you. I would bet money you're a core demographic for certain idiot media channels. I am very pleased with BB as the goat coach and goat GM of the last 20 years, Ernie, Scar, Ivan, Wolf, Groh. Pats have been the gold standard but that doesn't mean there haven't been very weak links behind a 10 year drought and also decline since 2019. Sorry that you feel the need to defend some overwhelmed roommates from john carroll.

I never said that. He picks the players is what I said. So, if you're saying the players win the games, I agree, but he picks and coaches the players. Do you see how dumb your comment is?

Do you honestly believe Belichick throws darts at a draft board at random? No. He looks for certain skill sets for certain positions. And then he coaches those players. These players aren't robots. They need to be coached.

If it was easy as having players, there wouldn't be so many awful GMs and Coaches in the last 20 years.

Belichick is an awesome GM when people from john carroll are not influencing decisions that require intelligence and talent evaluation.

Just more bad extrapolation from you. I would bet money you're a core demographic for certain idiot media channels. I am very pleased with BB as the goat coach and goat GM of the last 20 years, Ernie, Scar, Ivan, Wolf, Groh. Pats have been the gold standard but that doesn't mean there haven't been very weak links behind a 10 year drought and also decline since 2019. Sorry that you feel the need to defend some overwhelmed roommates from john carroll.
You've descended to complete gibberish. I suppose it was only a matter of time.

Belichick is an awesome GM when people from john carroll are not influencing decisions that require intelligence and talent evaluation.

Well, I am happy the greatest GM of all time is the GM of the team I root for.

Thanks.

Brady has won the most playoff games in NFL history. He won 6 titles and went to 9 superbowls with the Patriots, and you are saying he was an underperformer in the postseason? I am sensing a trend with you...It has to do with a prom queen crying on a bench outside the dance.
20201227_224341.jpg

SmartSelect_20210921-232448_Firefox.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: sb1

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back