PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What is BB's biggest mistake as head coach/GM of Patriots?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What is BB's single biggest mistake as Patriot's Head Coach/GM?

• Total voters
He’s right. The only reason. Right from the man himself.

No different than any coach in any sport.
Dan Marino has zero rings. Please don't tell me it's no different.

Peyton Manning took a coach who was sub .300 in college as a coach to a Super Bowl. Then when he left the team went 2-14.

Great QB has more value than a great coach every single time and we certainly see it here in NE

Peyton Manning took a coach who was sub .300 in college as a coach to a Super Bowl. Then when he left the team went 2-14.

Great QB has more value than a great coach every single time
What year was that?

BB grooms good or great QBs. Been doing it for a long time. Great GMs and Coaches are responsible for 53.

What year was that?

BB grooms good or great QBs. Been doing it for a long time. Great GMs and Coaches are responsible for 53.

Proves that a great QB can carry an inferior coach. A good coach cannot carry an inferior QB and team to success. See Patriots, New England, 2020

Proves that a great QB can carry an inferior coach. A good coach cannot carry an inferior QB and team to success. See Patriots, New England, 2020
No, that just means Caldwell was a bad coach, which he was. Comparing a rebuilding NE team during a pandemic to the prime era Colts is hilariously embarrassing.

Rusty is like Scott Kacsmar & Rob Parker combined…and somehow is a Patriots fan as well. It’s remarkable. This is like the word of god for every moronic, jealous, incel out there…he should write a book. I hope he stays…he’s a national treasure.

Rusty is like Scott Kacsmar & Rob Parker combined…and somehow is a Patriots fan as well. It’s remarkable. This is like the word of god for every moronic, jealous, incel out there…he should write a book. I hope he stays…he’s a national treasure.
The back story on Rusty is Bill picked him up hitchhiking on his way out of Foxboro. He kept him in his basement, taught him how to read and write, and cut him loose once he met Linda. He's forever grateful to Bill for coaching him up.

He's the Gimp from now on.
SmartSelect_20210921-175216_Firefox.jpg

Great QB has more value than a great coach every single time and we certainly see it here in NE
That's a really dumb take. Manning is the world's greatest underperformer when it counts.

Yes, I always compare things to a pandemic and a team that's on the back end of a rebuild. Sweet logic. Nothing personal, but you're just not very bright.

Anyone referencing anything in 2020 as the norm has a screw loose.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
Yes, I always compare things to a pandemic and a team that's on the back end of a rebuild. Sweet logic. Nothing personal, but you're just not very bright.

Anyone referencing anything in 2020 as the norm has a screw loose.
LOL. I see you gave up on Stidham you haven't mentioned his name once since you returned to the board and you were pumping him up last year that BB would make him awesome. LOLOL. A small step forward but...progress! :thumbsup:

LOL. I see you gave up on Stidham you haven't mentioned his name once since you returned to the board and you were pumping him up last year that BB would make him awesome. LOLOL. A small step forward but...progress! :thumbsup:
Returned to the board? I never posted here about Stidham. But, I've liked the work BB did with Brady (obviously), Cassel in 2008 was legendary what he did there, and JimmyG as well. The latter is something like 24-6 as a starrer and he'd be better if he was here.

Only a ****oo bird land would someone proclaim Belichick doesn't get good results after working with his chosen QB daily. Everyone else that doesn't get that daily coaching isn't meant to be a starter (Davey, Hoyer, Mallett, etc).

I like facts.

Returned to the board? I never posted here about Stidham. But, I've liked the work BB did with Brady (obviously), Cassel in 2008 was legendary what he did there, and JimmyG as well. The latter is something like 24-6 as a starrer and he'd be better if he was here.

Only a ****oo bird land would someone proclaim Belichick doesn't get good results after working with his chosen QB daily. Everyone else that doesn't get that daily coaching isn't meant to be a starter (Davey, Hoyer, Mallett, etc).

I like facts.
Cassel was legendary? We went from 16-0 to not making the playoffs. Cassel went to a mediocre chiefs team and went to the playoffs.

marino had what is considered one of the greatest coaches of all time...maybe you actually have to play well in the playoffs too.

Cassel was legendary? We went from 16-0 to not making the playoffs. Cassel went to a mediocre chiefs team and went to the playoffs.
No, the idea he hadn't played a game since 1999 in HIGH SCHOOL. He was idle for almost 10 years and helped lead the team to an 11-5 record with an old, aging D (Bruschi, Vrabel) that lost 2 HOFers (Seau, Harrison) and an All Pro CB (Samuel) in the offseason.

Good lord. Reading comprehension means something as an adult.

I was vote nr 40

Yeah 16-0 to 11-5 is the exact same dropoff in wins as 11-5 to 6-10. Stands out when you think of it that way.

Cassel wasn't bad but the defense was kinda terrible that year and that didn't help either. The Deltha O'Neal days... fun.

No, the idea he hadn't played a game since 1999 in HIGH SCHOOL. He was idle for almost 10 years and helped lead the team to an 11-5 record with an old, aging D (Bruschi, Vrabel) that lost 2 HOFers (Seau, Harrison) and an All Pro CB (Samuel) in the offseason.

Good lord. Reading comprehension means something as an adult.
Once again, the team went from 16-0 record breaking super team to out of the playoffs. lol. They had the easiest schedule in football that year at .386 Cassel left and went to another team and took them to the playoffs and made the pro bowl. So I guess whoever the chiefs head coach was is also super genius?

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back