PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What if Brady succeeds elsewhere? Ramifications for BB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually their is plenty of people on both sides making such statements in other threads.

Probably not. Most of us are just saying it's a bad idea not to look for an upgrade until he proves to be good for real.

I get 16-0 and 11-5 confused a lot because the records are basically the same. Just a tiny 5 game difference...not even noticeable.

I get 4-12 confused with 11-5 in threads like this. Odd.

But the Matt Cassel led Patriots went 11-5 against a cupcake schedule with an offense that went 16-0 the previous season and featured the second greatest wide receiver in history and one of the best slot receivers in history .........

Why does everyone always point to the season BEFORE when talking about the Cassel season?????

The NEXT season, that offense with Brady at QB went 10-6.

If BB had losing seasons from now until 2040 he'd be a .5 coach like most of them. (and be almost 90)

Just a side note the fact BB referred to Stidham as Stid is all I need to know.
He really likes the kid.
If he didn’t it would of been Rook or QB or he or even Jarret.
He called him Stid.
Lol that says more than any media rumor.

He really likes the kid.
He called him Stid.

Ya, well what about that Safety the Pats had that was a solid player, made a big game winning INT, comes of f the field and BB whi was mic'd up that game repeatedly yells "You're a WINNER!!" at the guy.

Next pre-season he cut his ***.

James something.........? Wore #36.

Ya, well what about that Safety the Pats had that was a solid player, made a big game winning INT, comes of f the field and BB whi was mic'd up that game repeatedly yells "You're a WINNER!!" at the guy.

Sanders!!!!!!

BB is simply a cold blooded killah.

He didn't call him a "Winner!!", It was even BETTER than that........1:55

Last edited:

There was someone on this board who had said Sanders was the next Harrison.
I can’t recall which poster but I remember in the draft forum.

What if Brady stays and the pats wind up sucking? Who do we blame then?

What if Brady stays and the pats wind up sucking? Who do we blame then?

source.gif

I think people assume that, based on history, the chance is quite low that a first-time starter who was a mid-round pick elevates a moribund offense. Other than Brady himself and Russell Wilson, how many other quarterbacks would that describe?

Tom Brady, Russell Wilson, Drew Brees, Kurt Warner, Brett Favre, Joe Montana, Joe Theismann, Roger Staubach, Ken Stabler, and Johnny Unitas. None of them were first round picks and all of them started and won Superbowls. And there are five more, including Steve Young.

Of course I'm not saying Stidham should be added to that list, but history manifestly says there is sometimes excellent QB talent available after the first round.

Tom Brady, Russell Wilson, Drew Brees, Kurt Warner, Brett Favre, Joe Montana, Joe Theismann, Roger Staubach, Ken Stabler, and Johnny Unitas. None of them were first round picks and all of them started and won Superbowls. And there are five more, including Steve Young.

Of course I'm not saying Stidham should be added to that list, but history manifestly says there is sometimes excellent QB talent available after the first round.

Good list. Add Bart Starr, Fran Tarkenton, Warren Moon, and Dan Fouts as guys who meet the criteria and then some.

Don’t complain this thread is speculative and full of hyperbole. It’s in the very title.

What if Brady goes elsewhere, has a hugely successful season and meanwhile Patriots’ season flops as Stidham or whatever other QB throws pick after pick and has a full blown meltdown and Pats finish 4-12 or something or worse. What repercussions does that have to BB’s job, if any, as both a GM and HC? Will we then see Kraft split the GM and HC roles in that scenario to avoid any other obvious GM blunders. Thoughts?

What if he goes elsewhere and falls on his face?

He really likes the kid.
He called him Stid.
Not too far off from Stif.

Davey, Mallet, Kingsbury, Cassel all fall into to that category.

Not too far off from Stif.

Davey, Mallet, Kingsbury, Cassel all fall into to that category.

Garappolo and Brisset are exceptions to your rule.

Fans seem think that making a mistake in the draft is the exclusive venue of the Patriots, every teams has as many misjudgements as the Patriots have had. The draft is at best a gamble based on metrics that will never judge how a player will perform in the NFL...

To want to see BB, who is arguably the best all time, somehow fail is beyond my comprehension...

If Brady signs elsewhere, I hope he is successful, and hopefully he finds whatever he is looking for wherever he goes.. I hope he signs here and stop playing games.

Don’t complain this thread is speculative and full of hyperbole. It’s in the very title.

What if Brady goes elsewhere, has a hugely successful season and meanwhile Patriots’ season flops as Stidham or whatever other QB throws pick after pick and has a full blown meltdown and Pats finish 4-12 or something or worse. What repercussions does that have to BB’s job, if any, as both a GM and HC? Will we then see Kraft split the GM and HC roles in that scenario to avoid any other obvious GM blunders. Thoughts?

Brady's performance elsewhere will have no effect whatsoever on Belichick. He's by far the greatest HC in the history of the NFL.

His job would only be impacted by what happens with the Patriots. If he fails to produce winners after Brady is gone, then yes eventually he'll lose his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes