PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What has surprised you since we won SB LI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two things.
  1. For some, ring 4 wasn't enough but now ring 5 is enough to establish Brady as not only GOAT QB, but GOAT footballer.
  2. The narrative around Deflategate and how the fourth quarter, OT, and the public receptions of Goodell and Brady played out.

Two things.
  1. For some, ring 4 wasn't enough but now ring 5 is enough to establish Brady as not only GOAT QB, but GOAT footballer.
  2. The narrative around Deflategate and how the fourth quarter, OT, and the public receptions of Goodell and Brady played out.
Amazing how deflategate has actually swung the masses in our favor. The adoration in the first four games was unbelievable. I just read that D'Qwell Jackson has been cut by the Colts as well. Deflategate comes full circle, Goodell has not seen the end yet.

It must kill Steeler fans, which makes it even better.

I'm surprised how many have bent the knee to Brady since then. I expected people to cook up some sort of reason to denigrate what he's done, or use Defamegate against him, but for the most part, that hasn't happened. Hell, there are a number of people that were happy to see us stick it to Goodell.

How 'bout that? o_O

got to steelers fans.com. they salty as heck over there

I'm going to vent a bit which might be petty since we just won the Super Bowl.

Two years ago after beating Seattle, I was expecting conversations, articles, analysis, etc. on where Brady fit in the discussion of greatest QB and player, where Belichick fit among the great coaches, and where the Patriots fit among the greatest dynasties. I expected both quantitative and qualitative analysis. But we got very little of that while most of the conversation was about what big cheaters we were.

This time around, people are generally stating the cheating allegations were bunk and people acknowledge that Brady, Belichick, and the Patriots are the best ever. That's great, but it's not so much "let's talk about it", it's more "we accept it and now let's move on".

In a day and age when every sports issue is over analyzed to death, these subjects, which should be and always have been among the top sports subjects, just mostly got passed over. I can't say I'm necessarily surprised by this, but I am disappointed. Last year, Peyton had his balls washed for weeks. This year, the media was by and large done with Brady (other than his jersey), Bill, and the dynasty in two days.

Like I said, this might be petty, but I think we Pats fans deserve to be petty after all the made up cheating allegations.

Last edited:
I was surprised that Stephen A. Smith, Shannon Sharpe and an almost everyone (including several well known Pats haters) in a general NFL forum that I visit on a different site all enthusiastically anointed TFB the GOAT.

Can anyone share if and what Peyton Manning and Joe Montana have said about TB/BB and the Pats since we won #5?

Can anyone share if and what Peyton Manning and Joe Montana have said about TB/BB and the Pats since we won #5?

giphy.gif

I've been on the Rivals Fans boards, Steelers, Broncos and Colts and I guess I'm surprised the most by the majority of the comments where they are conceding once and for all that Tommy is the GOAT, they are submitting and conceding....Finally...instead of spewing the normal jealous Cheating comments like we've seen in the past...

This

Other fans finally saying this is a great run, BB and TB are GOATs

This isn't a surprise.

TB has it all, a great job, great resume, supermodel wife, great family and parents. For a guy who has 'everything' i was so happy for him. I think the reason is because he gives it his all, carries himself with class and has that east coast edge (even though he was a Bay kid). He represents us. We haven't this since Larry Legend. That moment where he breaks down at midfield after the game will always stand out for me.

I'm beginning to question my former belief that everyone but us hate the Pats. BB and Edelman's amazing reception in NYC, DA, 's LA reception on Kimmel, and the standing ovation James White got on Conan tonight, all belie the myth that everyone hates us but us.

It might have been true in the past, but Goodell's serial lying, and the league's uneven justice system is finally gaining traction, and the real haters are being viewed as just strident whining losers now.

A big part of the "cheating problem" was that it was a convenient explanation for how the Pats have maintained such an unmatched level of success for so long a period. The large number of articles, stories and programs, like "Do your Job", which show how the Pats unique (for now) team building, attention to detail, coaching, and just plain hard work and dedication, are the REAL reasons the Pats have been so successful for so long. Thus when the hardcore haters throw out the "cheating card", the ordinary or casual fan have a much harder time buying it now.

And with this really courageous and historic comeback win, it seems (at least to me) not only has Pats Nation grown considerably, the general grudging acceptence of the greatness of Brady, BB and the Pats has grown exponetially around the country.

I think at this point you can make the case that fans of other teams now hate Pats FANS a lot more than they hate the team. ;)

I think
1. I was never suprised by the outcome. Will always believe in your boys. Doubt was there but belief is stronger.
2. The systemic decision to dismantle the falcons team by Blank. Firing these people is not going to solve anything and after all 32 teams tried to make the SB, and only 2 made it. Im Sure the coaches he fired learned from the experience and would not repeat it.
Saints tried to keep the team together and made 2 more playoffs until Roger decided we should be dismantled and become uncompedative.
Now the Falcons have a question mark. I dont see them doing this again for awhile.
3. Falcon fans calling for Matt Ryans removal, and JJ. I know most are bandwagon fans but thats just flat out nuts, and make these guys feel like they dont care. Not suprised about the forum break downs and burning things.
4. Edelmans Spirit. OMG I just watched the FX edition and he is off the charts, Remminds me so much of Lance moore. He was a little giant. Love when he says for your mom Tom. I think that put Brady in the frame of mind.
5. That Skip Bayless got over his Montana crush and considers TB goat now.
6. That For Honor game is that much fun.
7. That anyone wants to trade Bennet. Seems a perfect old timer to fill in for Gronk when hurt.
8. That anyone would want jimmy garoppolo traded to a horrible team like the browns with no chance of having a successful career.
9. That people thought lady Gaga was amazing. It was good but not that great.
10, Graciousness of Pats fans for not be arrogent. Most Dallas ,steelers, and 49er fans still consider you low on the self is you dont have 4, lol. Hell we are lucky to get one.
10. Bradys panoramic sight. There was a time on a sack that Brady was mid throw and saw the sack on his left hand side behind him and pulled the ball in. Probably saving a fumble. Some ppl have that. Most of the Great RB's have it but I never knew Tom had it.
just some things I saw.

I was on this board coming up with offseason FA's. I was convinced it just wasn't Brady's night. Stunned they won.

Surprised Rob Parker thinks Favre, Starr, Griese are all better than Goat.

I am surprised by pretty much every ex player anointing Brady over Montana, i thought some would still have dug their heels in but i don't think i've seen an argument for Montana since Sunday.

That's all i really wanted to say but mainly i wanted to just put out there that i hate Peyton Manning, always have and always will. You can clearly see the envy and jealousy whenever he is asked about Brady and the subtle jabs over the years you notice with him. He cannot stand that Brady is better where as nearly every other QB has no problem resigning to the greatness #12 has displayed over his career. Manning always would try to make up for his shortcomings by stat padding to death in regular season so people wouldn't think the gap between the two wasn't as glaring but everyone deep down knows it is.

I am surprised by pretty much every ex player anointing Brady over Montana, i thought some would still have dug their heels in but i don't think i've seen an argument for Montana since Sunday.

That's all i really wanted to say but mainly i wanted to just put out there that i hate Peyton Manning, always have and always will. You can clearly see the envy and jealousy whenever he is asked about Brady and the subtle jabs over the years you notice with him. He cannot stand that Brady is better where as nearly every other QB has no problem resigning to the greatness #12 has displayed over his career. Manning always would try to make up for his shortcomings by stat padding to death in regular season so people wouldn't think the gap between the two wasn't as glaring but everyone deep down knows it is.

The two biggest Brady haters I know of in my personal life...both well respected guys who know their football..except when it comes time to discussing Brady vs Manning.

Both were obnoxious on social media. One had a Brady jersey on his snap chat...then raised the middle finger. All in good humour of course, but we all know who got the last laugh. He hasn't been posting on social media all week up until today. Love it. And we're not done yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes