PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What do you guys think about the Patriots defense now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TbSB5

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
And the o-line?

Both, considering games missed by key personnel, have exceeded my expectations. The defensive backfield has been great during the win streak. KVN has become the key leader.

The RT situation has been very good despite injuries. Karras (minus one miscue) was fine. Thuney & Mason are very good and Solder has been better of late.

The real question : will they hold up after New Year’s when pressure and competition rise ?

Still concerned about the pass rush, run D and the quality of the LB depth but I think they are a pretty good unit.

The secondary is the strength of the D. They will continue to roll.

Hightower is a playmaker in big games. Part of me is concerned when they need a play, they won't get one but thats a little paranoia.

If they could brink back Teddy Bruschi in his prime I'd like it a whole lot better.

I think the defense needs to stop suffering injuries or else it's going to be in trouble. Same for the offensive line.

I think the defense needs to stop suffering injuries or else it's going to be in trouble. Same for the offensive line.

I'd also add special teams to the list. The Steelers are very deep this year (much less injuries). The Pats are thinner but still likely have enough to make the Squeelers. squeal again. The Ebner injury combined with Slater being down could even off the superior special team play and field position the Patriots used to their advantage to win it all last year.

Top 10 unit. Like fine wine, BB & the D gets better with TIME. I knew they’d get it together. Hopefully, everyone stays healthy & they continue to gel. Let’s see where they are come January.

I'd also add special teams to the list. The Steelers are very deep this year (much less injuries). The Pats are thinner but still likely have enough to make the Squeelers. squeal again. The Ebner injury combined with Slater being down could even off the superior special team play and field position the Patriots used to their advantage to win it all last year.
Hearing that Slater could be back in the next game or two. Fingers crossed. As we saw on Sunday, it took 5 different players on various units to try and replace Ebner. That hurts. Luckily, we still seem to have some depth.

Looking at the trend line... I liked them more in October than September... and more in November than in October...

Everybody sing! :)

My folks were married in 1969 and that was the year this song came out. Only reason I know that is the band played it during a family wedding and my mom told me.

Hearing that Slater could be back in the next game or two. Fingers crossed. As we saw on Sunday, it took 5 different players on various units to try and replace Ebner. That hurts. Luckily, we still seem to have some depth.
Slater is having a real hard time staying healthy. Hope he can stay on the field.

It's probably good enough for this year. I am not happy with it yet though. I think it can still be a bit better on the whole. I really loved the Miami effort though. If they could play like that minus the miscommunication on the TD and the PI on Butler for all the playoff games they are winning a championship.

Even good offenses would have trouble scoring more than 20 on that kind of D. Keep them at 21 or under and I think the Pats win for sure. They can get over 21 on any D if they play half decent.

Improved but shutting down Steelers weapons, snd Eagles deadly O will be key to a SB win.

If the way they have played the last 7 games is not good enough then the offense failed them.

They won't be playing the Jets in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots