PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What are the Pats waiting for?

Always love the “why do we need this thread?” Posters. God forbid anyone post about something they don’t want to read about. Why ignore the thread when you can complain?
So you post to complain about complainers complaining?

Or did I?

I'm confused now ... I need a nap.

Well, BB installed elements of Kyle Shanahans offense.

Could the Pats be waiting until an offensive coach on the 49ers staff is available to interview? Promote him to OC? BB is good pals with Mike Shanahan so its not a leap of faith to speculate that BB does not know his son too.

You have to interview minority candidates for this position. It really isn't that hard to figure this out. If they simply hired an old white guy as their offensive coordianator they would be fined, so they have to go through the process. I also believe that the Patriots actually take this stuff seriously and actually try to interview candidates who they are interested in.
They've already interviewed more minority candidates than they're required to.

OK Kontra...you started this...let me pour some sickening syrupy dreck to really sugar coat this thread until there's an outcome..

Something is wrong with you. Because you had to watch that video before posting to know what it is. ;)

Last edited:
I have a couple Rooney Rule questions. Is it a requirement for every coaching vacancy? Does the fact that the NEP has already had a minority (Flores) and a few others I suppose, mean that they've complied with the obligation?

You have to interview minority candidates for this position. It really isn't that hard to figure this out. If they simply hired an old white guy as their offensive coordianator they would be fined, so they have to go through the process. I also believe that the Patriots actually take this stuff seriously and actually try to interview candidates who they are interested in.
serious like last year when they hired you know who

Hurry Up Waiting GIF by Travis

I have two questions:
1) Is Belichick waiting for OBrien to finish up at Alabama to become the Pats' OC?
2) Did Belichick bring in Patricia and Judge to hold the fort until OBrien was free?
What was Bill waiting for?

for BOB's Alabama contract to end

BOB was announced on the first day that he was not under contract.

I've seen reports his contract ran through next month.

I have a couple Rooney Rule questions. Is it a requirement for every coaching vacancy? Does the fact that the NEP has already had a minority (Flores) and a few others I suppose, mean that they've complied with the obligation?
1. It is not required for position coaches, but is for HC and coordinator jobs (as well as top FO positions, like Groh's job). The one exception is if a coach has a clause that automatically promotes them in case of a vacancy (the thing that led to the Belichick napkin).

2. No. It has to be satisfied with fresh interviews for each opening.

The two-year contract O’Brien signed with Alabama in 2021 was set to expire at the end of February, and his return to the NFL was long speculated.

I have two questions:
1) Is Belichick waiting for OBrien to finish up at Alabama to become the Pats' OC?
2) Did Belichick bring in Patricia and Judge to hold the fort until OBrien was free?

Waiting for a train to go or a bus to come,
or a plane to go or the mail to come,
or the rain to go or the phone to ring,
or the snow to snow or waiting around for a Yes or No
or waiting for their hair to grow.

Everyone is just waiting.

Waiting for the fish to bite
or waiting for wind to fly a kite
or waiting around for Friday night

or waiting, perhaps, for their Uncle Jake
or a pot to boil, or a Better Break
or a string of pearls, or a pair of pants
or a wig with curls, or Another Chance.

Everyone is just waiting.

(Dr. Seuss)

Maybe it was just for O’Brien, but more likely it was that he didn’t see any OC candidates he wanted, or that he could get, so he sacrificed Patricia for a year rather than hire then fire someone from outside the organization.

So true. I would much rather deal with a diversity of threads than have to wade through a few mega threads
And after two pages the posts have nothing to do with the title of the thread, it goes off the rails fairly quickly.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back