PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WFT eliminates "cheerleading" squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said earlier....you and I are ideologically different here.

Potential employees have the right to decline a job offer for whatever reason they choose. Wages, job requirements, etc.

Employees (once they have learned what they got themselves into or how they are being treated) have the right to resign/quit long hours, workplace conditions.

If they feel their employer is discriminating against them or violating a law they can sue them, report them to OSHA, the Dept of Labor, AG, etc.

The more employees who file complaints the more change happens.

It's not a matter of ideology.

You seem to be missing one small point. Potential cheerleaders only find out all those once they've made the cut after a grueling competition and tryout. The fact that they come so far, and work so hard, only to be told that they're easily replaceable if they make the slightest noise or complain about their miserable working condition, is itself a form of entrapment.

You suggest that they should sue employers who discriminate or violate a workplace law, and I just pointed out that 10 of the 26 teams that have cheerleaders are already being or have been sued. That's more than 1 of every 3 teams.

Certainly not... I do not want to get too deep on here, because it's touchy. But it's amazing how people have all the answers until they're faced with suffering they don't admit to themselves still exists. As of right now, the Mrs. is not having her happiest days, and recently has had really miserable ones. She has voiced "I can't do this anymore," but she's not asking, I'm not offering, and I would not offer. Thus far she still doesn't use all the tools in the pain management toolkit, because she thinks it's like admitting you're at the end (example, morphine.) I do not relish the idea of being asked. I have told her I could not.
I am really sorry to hear this. It’s not a situation you expect to find yourself in but when it happens you want to be the person who takes care of them. As far as that decision goes it something only those in it can reckon with. Ultimately all you can do is to be strong for them , be there for them, and take the best care of them you can.

I am really sorry to hear this. It’s not a situation you expect to find yourself in but when it happens you want to be the person who takes care of them. As far as that decision goes it something only those in it can reckon with. Ultimately all you can do is to be strong for them , be there for them, and take the best care of them you can.
I try dude but frankly I am blessed in that she is more often than not strong herself (terrible thing to have to be when you're suffering.) She knows she doesn't have to be. It's just her. One thing I admire a lot about her. And some of the misery is gone now, and she's happily watching reality TV about people who have it worse because her heart goes out to them.

Sorry you had the situations you had. I can't even say "sorry." It is part of life. I am sorry to everyone looking at the end, because it's more comfortable to dwell in the default delusion of immortality.

Given that the Pats caved to the out-of-control political correctness that has overtaken this country and added two johnsons to their cheerleading squad in ‘19, I’d be ok if the group in Foxboro was disbanded as well. I was a bottom third of league crew even before that change.

"it's more comfortable to dwell in the default delusion of immortality."

what kind of space alien thinks up this crap? who is more comfortable deluding themselves? Everyone but YOU? you don't think people here have experienced tragic loss or have been through grueling life threatening maladies? You CAN say sorry, YOU just don't because, as usual, it's always all about YOU. (for the record, I don't believe 1/10 of what PFinV posts on this board)

Maybe it's just me but I don't know any girls who likes getting sexually harassed while being underpaid and over worked.
Then I guess you weren't in Olongapo City Philippines during the 1970s or '80s...Good times, good times...

"it's more comfortable to dwell in the default delusion of immortality."

what kind of space alien thinks up this crap? who is more comfortable deluding themselves? Everyone but YOU? you don't think people here have experienced tragic loss or have been through grueling life threatening maladies? You CAN say sorry, YOU just don't because, as usual, it's always all about YOU. (for the record, I don't believe 1/10 of what PFinV posts on this board)
For the record: You are acting like a D-bag.

I, Social Justice Hysteric-ker demand the NEP employ only the wokest of woke cheerleading persons from here on forth! I propose this beautiful lass as "head" cheerleaderthing and give her sole authority over the hiring of the "squad". We must become and remain WOKE! Death to Seuss! Death to the Cat In The Hat!

3MYGEPP56ZHWRDAASCRU4PLJD4.jpg
Please don’t give Kraft any ideas!

Maybe they can take up basketball. The competition in women’s sports have never been more fierce.

1615283058755.jpeg

1615283113306.jpeg

“Good game, ladies! Now let’s hit the showers.”

Is there any more annoying term than "toxic masculinity"?
I can think of a few - but I cannot think of terribly many which would not cost you your job and livelihood...

Love to see this team tour the deep south and the midwest and beat the **** out of the ultra-conservative, neo-nazi far right white supremacists.
I don’t think any of those people are playing basketball. They’re probably too busy mudding in their lifted ‘97 GMC Sierras, drinking Busch, and fornicating with their first cousins. Probably talking about stuff like how the vaccine for Covid warps your DNA and makes males impotent. They must have really sped up statistical testing in the last few years. I didn’t even think they’d have time to collect a sample of the vaccinated population yet, let alone come to that determination. But hey, I read it online so it must be true.

In any event, you wouldn’t need that team to do what you’re hoping for. Just sign up this guy... err... gal... uh, cisgender? Whatever it prefers to be called, if she isn’t spending time cracking open her opponents’ skulls and beating them to a bloody pulp, she would be the one for the job...

Brents later went on to claim that Fox's grip and strength was different from other women she had fought.
“I’ve fought a lot of women and have never felt the strength that I felt in a fight as I did that night. I can’t answer whether it’s because she was born a man or not because I’m not a doctor. I can only say, I’ve never felt so overpowered ever in my life and I am an abnormally strong female in my own right. Her grip was different, I could usually move around in the clinch against other females but couldn’t move at all in Fox’s clinch," Brents told Whoa TV.

Thank God Joe signed that executive order allowing them to compete in women’s sports within his first couple of days in office. What a hot button topic that really needed to be addressed immediately.

There are three types of people who complain about toxic masculinity...

1615308729366.jpeg

1615308857412.jpeg

1615309021460.jpeg

just wait until they discover the game of chess, where white goes first and the queen must do everything to defend the king....

Thank God Joe signed that executive order allowing them to compete in women’s sports within his first couple of days in office. What a hot button topic that really needed to be addressed immediately.

I was just thinking about this. The lopsided competitive advantage issue that happens from time to time, has to be dealt with. I think for the most part it doesn't cause a problem but for the rare occasion that it does, it's a knotty issue.

I've read about the interesting argument that if there is not a signficant dropoff in measured performance or strength after a conversion, that person will then be disallowed to participate in competitive sports.

If a woman benches the same weight and reps she did when she was a guy, she would be banned from competition, but if there's a significant dropoff, like a 25 to 50% dropoff, then that's a different story.

I was just thinking about this. The lopsided competitive advantage issue that happens from time to time, has to be dealt with. I think for the most part it doesn't cause a problem but for the rare occasion that it does, it's a knotty issue.

I've read about the interesting argument that if there is not a signficant dropoff in measured performance or strength after a conversion, that person will then be disallowed to participate in competitive sports.

If a woman benches the same weight and reps she did when she was a guy, she would be banned from competition, but if there's a significant dropoff, like a 25 to 50% dropoff, then that's a different story.
Why not just have them compete against other transgender athletes? Female to male conversion vs like conversion and vice versa. That way, you don’t have what’s basically a man nearly murdering every woman he fights. Seems to solve the problem of competitive advantage although that still might not be “inclusive” enough for some. If you cannot solve the competitive advantage issue even after that, then they should not be allowed to compete. Simple as that.

I mean have you watched her fights? They all had to be stopped. It reminded me of an angry Sicilian man on steroids giving his wife the five knuckle shuffle for forgetting the gabagool in his lunch.

Why not just have them compete against other transgender athletes? Female to male conversion vs like conversion and vice versa. That way, you don’t have what’s basically a man nearly murdering every woman he fights. Seems to solve the problem of competitive advantage although that still might not be “inclusive” enough for some. If you cannot solve the competitive advantage issue even after that, then they should not be allowed to compete. Simple as that.

I mean have you watched her fights? They all had to be stopped. It reminded me of an angry Sicilian man on steroids giving his wife the five knuckle shuffle for forgetting the gabagool in his lunch.

That would probably be the most ideal situation. But is there enough of them? MMA probably, but basketball? Thorny subject. Good thing it's not my problem to solve.

They need to concentrate on getting a damn team name and finding a loophole to screw over that a**hole who's trying to cash in on the trademarks he bought up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes