PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WFT eliminates "cheerleading" squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll rephrase : the internet is full of attractive women. I choose to watch football to watch football. If I choose to watch attractive women, they won’t be on a football field.

I can think of very few completely useless activities than merely watching attractive women. That's just getting aroused with no payoff. That's something that's best left to sexually incompetent and flat broke, but overtly idealistic teenagers.

Rather be chasing them.

I, Social Justice Hysteric-ker demand the NEP employ only the wokest of woke cheerleading persons from here on forth! I propose this beautiful lass as "head" cheerleaderthing and give her sole authority over the hiring of the "squad". We must become and remain WOKE! Death to Seuss! Death to the Cat In The Hat!

3MYGEPP56ZHWRDAASCRU4PLJD4.jpg
Big difference between “woke” and “waking up”. Anyone wanting this person cheering for their children are still sleeping.

Last edited:
Sign of the times.

Expect Massachusetts, New York, California ,Washington (Seattle Mecca) and now Colorado to soon follow and one up DC.

I’ll rephrase : the internet is full of attractive women. I choose to watch football to watch football. If I choose to watch attractive women, they won’t be on a football field.
And your preferences must be everyone’s else’s so something you don’t like, u firsts do or approve of must be universally wrong?

Interesting. I didn't realize cheerleaders were such a divisive issue. Add it to the list, I guess...

And your preferences must be everyone’s else’s so something you don’t like, u firsts do or approve of must be universally wrong?
Just saying I don't get the reason people like cheerleading. Not saying other people need to agree.

Just saying I don't get the reason people like cheerleading. Not saying other people need to agree.
Ok because you had said you don’t see why they have them. And then went on to say you don’t want them. Just saying it’s pretty obvious some people do. And I think it’s pretty obvious why. Not disagreeing with you feelings it just struck me as off the way you were communicating them.

I can see cheerleaders being phased out. Different world now.
Not really; more like a return to the old world, when NFL teams didn't have cheerleaders, even in Dallas...

I am absolutely NOT in favor of eliminating cheerleaders from high schools or colleges however.

Last edited:
It's kind of funny some of you guys sound so old. I'm about as old as you guys but still like looking at pretty women but I guess to each their own.
Sounds like they're just virtue signaling tbh.

Cheerleaders enjoy doing something that keeps them in shape and traveling with the team, football players enjoy the company, and owners like the money, fans, and status they bring in.

They're not going anywhere.

I can see cheerleaders being phased out. Different world now.
I suppose bands are next.

Leading the fans in cheers has always been part of the game. In this century, cheerleading has become more athletic, competitive and for men and women.

Leading the fans in cheers has always been part of the game. In this century, cheerleading has become more athletic, competitive and for men and women.
I'm not making the rules, man.

Cancel Culture is in full-force.

I can see the sexism angle but agree it seems a bit over-the-top to eliminate scantly-clad cheerleaders from the sidelines. These women WANT to do this. That is how they earn a living and in some instances is their start to a bigger career in show business, etc.

I’d be happy to see cheer, bands, the whole thing : gone. I’m amazed people are so passionate about the extras. I want to watch football for 3h on a Sunday. I’d love to see them dump the halftime show of the SB as well.

I’m clearly in the minority.

I'm not making the rules, man.

Cancel Culture is in full-force.

I can see the sexism angle but agree it seems a bit over-the-top to eliminate scantly-clad cheerleaders from the sidelines. These women WANT to do this. That is how they earn a living and in some instances is their start to a bigger career in show business, etc.

Dude, they get paid $150 per game.

Dude, they get paid $150 per game.

I'm aware.

A friend of mine is the dad of a NEP cheerleader. She has 3 jobs. NEP cheerleader, teaches dance and works as a physical therapist. After games and appearances she makes enough from that to afford a reasonably priced lease on a nice car.

It will be interesting to see if this is anything that catches on around the league or not or is just a sui generis thing because of the past WFT scandals related to the squad.

Wow. I have been waiting to see something from you since I came back to this forum and this is what you come up with? Disappointing, that’s all I can say, really disappointing. If this is the best you can do it may be time for the gas factory

Sounds like they're just virtue signaling tbh.

Cheerleaders enjoy doing something that keeps them in shape and traveling with the team, football players enjoy the company, and owners like the money, fans, and status they bring in.

They're not going anywhere.

Seriously doubt that cheerleaders bring in ANY additional game-day revenue, unless they're offering halftime beaners for a Benjamin a pop and the owners are getting a cut...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News