PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're onto New Orlreans !

Status
Not open for further replies.
The D should be commended if they hold NO under 40. They are going to get lit up. Brady has to be perfect.

Brady played poorly, got TD's take back, and scored 27. If he plays well, the offense will score more than 40. After all, the KC defense is much, much better than that of NO.

I'll settle for a 3-2 in first 5 games. I think this team could easily go 10-6 if they don't get their stuff together.
10-6 should be easily be enough to win the division.

Last edited:

No passive 3 man rush this game. Attack the 3rd & 4th tackles of NOLA.

Also this Saints offense is the equivalent of:

Solder & Cannon inactive
Edelman suspended for 3 games
trading Deion Branch (Cooks) and replacing him with Reche Caldwell (Ginn)

Definitely not the Saints offense of the last decade.

Last edited:

Solder & Cannon inactive

Just win the game. In September I don't care much about how..

The offense may well throw another "clunker" together if Amendola is out. I said when Edelman got injured, and it's important to remember now, that the offense needs to redefine itself. That's not something that takes place overnight.

The offense may well throw another "clunker" together if Amendola is out. I said when Edelman got injured, and it's important to remember now, that the offense needs to redefine itself. That's not something that takes place overnight.

Which is why the defense has to step up. They have to make plays. They could use another playmaker at LB or at DE.

Saints defense is trash. Vikings receivers were open with no one near them for yards. They had something like 8 or 9 plays of 20+ yards. If Brady and McDaniels can't exploit it then the problem is bigger than Edelman and Amendola being out.

There isn't any Eric Berry, Marcus Peters or Derrick Johnson on the Saints.

I'd be shocked if we don't put up 30+ in NO.

I posted this in another thread but Flowers will eat that oline alive. Perfect game to take advantage of his versatility and move him up and down the line. I think he wins on the edge at least once for a sack. 2+ Sacks in NO

Saints defense looked bad imo and their not gunna fix their issues like we will imo.

Their pass rush was advertised and very simple. Those corners better have their ****ting pants on.

I'd be shocked if we don't put up 30+ in NO.

I posted this in another thread but Flowers will eat that oline alive. Perfect game to take advantage of his versatility and move him up and down the line. I think he wins on the edge at least once for a sack. 2+ Sacks in NO

Saints defense looked bad imo and their not gunna fix their issues like we will imo.

Their pass rush was advertised and very simple. Those corners better have their ****ting pants on.

I hope so but both teams will be desperate to not go 0-2. I wanna rush 4 against them.

Solder & Cannon inactive

yeah, we got a problem, almost impossible to pull this off.

Saints defense is trash. Vikings receivers were open with no one near them for yards. They had something like 8 or 9 plays of 20+ yards. If Brady and McDaniels can't exploit it then the problem is bigger than Edelman and Amendola being out.

There isn't any Eric Berry, Marcus Peters or Derrick Johnson on the Saints.
Cooks is going to destroy this secondary. Im not seeing the huge improvement on D. IF Brees cant carry the team again we might get close or win, but tough he has to do that every year.

Don't see how anyone couldn't feel encouraged by the Saints poor performance on Monday. Their offense moved the ball downfield, but could not capitalize in the red zone. And their defense (with two rookies as starters in the secondary) made Sam Bradford look like Dan Marino.

The Patriots have in their favor....

10 whole days of preparation compared to a shortened practice week for the Saints

A QB and Coach combo notorious for bouncing back from disappointing losses

Players (and coaches) that have been ruthlessly scrutinized by days of practice, review and film study - and determined to correct their mistakes and play to their championship potential

And a Saints team with a porous secondary, multiple rookies on defense, and a depleted offensive line

Other than not having Amendola (and possibly Hightower), it's hard not to see how the Patriots don't turn this into a statement game.

I'd be shocked if the Pats don't at least cover the point spread

YES , the team should be highly concerned. Brees has 10 tds and 1 pick + 123 passer rating against Belichick's defense all time. Our last visit to NO did not end well and this year or defense might be equally porous.

We should be 5-1 entering the game against 28-3..

Funny you should mention the 28-3. Saw this on Twitter today. It just really lets you know the Saints complete hatred of the Falcons.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Got a big envelope in the mail today! <a href="Bodhisattva on Twitter">pic.twitter.com/xDmD0l5l1u</a></p>&mdash; Bodhisattva (@TheToddNewberg) <a href="">September 14, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Funny you should mention the 28-3. Saw this on Twitter today. It just really lets you know the Saints complete hatred of the Falcons.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Got a big envelope in the mail today! <a href="Bodhisattva on Twitter">pic.twitter.com/xDmD0l5l1u</a></p>&mdash; Bodhisattva (@TheToddNewberg) <a href="">September 14, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What am I doing wrong guys? This is the second time I have tried to paste a Twitter embed code on this site only to have it looking like the crap above. Any suggestions as to what I may be doing wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes