PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're onto New Orlreans !

Status
Not open for further replies.

cupofjoe1962

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Let's not hit the panic button just yet.
Brady did not fall off the Max Kellerman cliff overnight.

I was at the game last night & I seen some good things & a lot of things that need work.

KC had a better game plan & we need to acknowledge that & move on.

KC's DB's got called on a few holding & pass interference calls, but they were grabbing & holding on almost every pass play.

Brady obviously is not totally on the same page as Cook & I believe some of those bad throws were not all on Brady.

The loss of Edelman hurt, & the remedy may not appear overnight.

It is not going to be as easy as we may have thought, but this team still has a good chance to have the best record in the AFC & as good a chance as anyone to win the Super Bowl.

We're onto New Orleans.....

Well they will have a much better QB than Alex Smith who had the game of his life. It will be interesting to see how they will play drew brees. Last time brady was in that place it was a nightmare. If the defense can hold him under 30 we will have a good chance to win the game.

Well they will have a much better QB than Alex Smith who had the game of his life. It will be interesting to see how they will play drew brees. Last time brady was in that place it was a nightmare. If the defense can hold him under 30 we will have a good chance to win the game.
If the defense plays like it did last night, we may be in a shootout. May be a high scoring game since the Saints defense hasn't been great in recent years.

Last night Alex Smith had close to a perfect QB rating....my god.

If the defense plays like it did last night, we may be in a shootout. May be a high scoring game since the Saints defense hasn't been great in recent years.

I don't like our chances if that happens then. The defense has to step up. This offense will struggle early and then get better

This game has all of the makings of a epic Brady vs Brees shootout! The first team to score 40 or has the ball last wins! It will be very interesting to see how the Saints defense looks on Monday in Minnesota! Brees is a heck of a QB (especially at home)! I'll stay far away from this game as a betting man like myself!

This game has all of the makings of a epic Brady vs Brees shootout! The first team to score 40 or has the ball last wins! It will be very interesting to see how the Saints defense looks on Monday in Minnesota! Brees is a heck of a QB (especially at home)! I'll stay far away from this game as a betting man like myself!

Well after the lousy performance from our defense I expect them to come out and make a statement. Saints won't have willie Snead whose a very key player for them.

How refreshing: A pocket passer in a traditional offense. The defense should rebound & Gilmore/Butler/Rowe will start to pay dividends.

The D should be commended if they hold NO under 40. They are going to get lit up. Brady has to be perfect.

If the front 7 does not get any pressure, Bree's will put up a 400 yards 4 TD 130 passer rating stat line

I agree. Brees could tee off on the defense i saw play last night.

Brady looked off that's for sure. But NO's defense is nowhere as good as KC's.

This could be a real scorefest, but I'll wait and see how NO does this week.

0-2 with Hou, TB, Car on sched? Yeah this is must win.

New Orleans is very good at home. This will be a tough game. Bree's makes excellent reads and has a lot of good receiving options even with Snead out. Watch for Brees to exploit the middle of the field, look for their backs and TEs to match one on one with our slow LBs. Ginn is dangerous in the slot and can burn you over the top, butler will have his hands full.

The loss of Snead looms large IMO. If we shut down Mike Thomas I have no idea who they go to (Ted Ginn?).

If BB does what he does best - ADJUSTING. I'm not worried.

GOPATS.

They're not as balanced as the Chiefs, but Brees is a way better QB than Smith the defense needs to pretty much do their jobs and not blow coverages like they did vs KC. The offense should put up more than 30+.

I think the defense will fare better in this one than against the Chiefs. Not saying Chiefs have a better offense just think there'll be adjustments made and I think the offense will have a better go of it in this one which will help the defense.

Saints have been the worst passing defense the last 2-3 seasons, their starting CBs are 2nd year player (PJ Williams) and a rookie (Lattimore) Their LBs are Teo, Klein and Robertson. Definitely some guys they should be able to exploit. Their pass rush is ok but Pats went against a better one last night and did a solid job in pass protection. Which i'm sure the idiots on here will vehemently disagree because they got a couple of sacks at the end of the game.

If BB does what he does best - ADJUSTING. I'm not worried.

GOPATS.
Unfortunately, it was Andy Reid who did the adjusting last night rather than BB. Hopefully that was an abberation.

Brees to Austin Carr for the game winner!

Kidding, but I can only imagine this forum's aftermath if that happened. Malcom Mitchell on IR, Amendola in concussion protocol, people lamenting WR depth...

Regards,
Chris

0-2 with Hou, TB, Car on sched? Yeah this is must win.

I'll settle for a 3-2 in first 5 games. I think this team could easily go 10-6 if they don't get their stuff together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes