PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're onto New Orlreans !

Status
Not open for further replies.
The loss of Snead looms large IMO. If we shut down Mike Thomas I have no idea who they go to (Ted Ginn?).

Ginn is very dangerous. One of the fastest on film I have ever seen, incredible game speed

The big Rutgers WR they have, Brandon Coleman, he can create matchup problems

Their tight end, fleeced, could have a field day against slow linebackers

They also have AP and Ingram at RB?

I'll settle for a 3-2 in first 5 games. I think this team could easily go 10-6 if they don't get their stuff together.
I saw 10-6 projected on some site and thought it was way off. Of course, it didn't help that the site also projected the Jets going 8-8.

Unfortunately, it was Andy Reid who did the adjusting last night rather than BB. Hopefully that was an abberation.

Well, getting out-coached by the second best (imo) coach in the league isn't that bad, especially when we've 18 more games to go :cool:

The Saints pass rush was great in pre-season, I'm curious if that continues Monday night.

Brees always seems to light up this defense and after last week I don't think that will change.

Last game vs the Pats

17/36
236 yards
2 td
1 int

Huh I don't remember it being that bad but you're right. 2009 and 2005 really stand out to me as games where the Pats got smoked so I forget 2013 wasn't a good game for him.

This game has all of the makings of a epic Brady vs Brees shootout! The first team to score 40 or has the ball last wins! It will be very interesting to see how the Saints defense looks on Monday in Minnesota! Brees is a heck of a QB (especially at home)! I'll stay far away from this game as a betting man like myself!

We think that would be a lot of fun :) Both very intense well prepared QB's friends who want to beat each other. I only hope the NE D has some of the mishaps in the KC game so it can be close. I still dont have confidence in our D until 8 games from now. They have a lot to prove after years of being bad. Would love to see a 1st ever Brady vs Brees 70pt exciting shootout :).

New Orleans is very good at home. This will be a tough game. Bree's makes excellent reads and has a lot of good receiving options even with Snead out. Watch for Brees to exploit the middle of the field, look for their backs and TEs to match one on one with our slow LBs. Ginn is dangerous in the slot and can burn you over the top, butler will have his hands full.

I agree, its game to game with Brees, and it being Brady I'm sure he will just think it's more fun. Snead being out is like losing a lesser Lance Moore, so it hurts, but I think most know NO is kind of a WR Breeding ground. Much like Broncos was a RB stable in Shanahan's time, SP has made amazing picks and development of different WR/TE's that no one else would consider picking.

Drew Brees 'chugging along' without Brandin Cooks, Willie Snead

Some WRs we have

Michael Thomas is kind of Colston 2, I think I've heard every team say if we can just solve Thomas and limit Cooks we have them. I've rarely seen Thomas wrapped up all game. Hes very good

Michael Thomas || "Seven Nation Army" || 2016 Rookie Highlights HD

Tommylee Lewis might be the next Brandon Cooks. Kid is fast and good hands

Coby Fleener is ok but drops some, we think he is struggling with the speed of the NO offense.
Coby Fleener || "Welcome To The World" || 2016 Highlights HD

Ted Ginn Jr drops some also, but also speed. We still don't know if he fits in or he might be perfect because other teams we too slow on offense. Ginn has a history of drops, but he is being taught by some of the best WR coaches in the NFL at NO. I have my doubts about him.
08/26/2017 - week 3 - Ted Ginn shows off his versatility for the Saints

shut off sound its a Panthers video lol
Ted Ginn Jr Highlights || 2016-2017 Season || Carolina Panthers ||

Brandon Coleman, can be a monster in a game and he looks like he's getting it. The Same kind of lunch pale Colston look alike, but a larger target than Thomas. Not a runner hes just a large jumping island to throw to for a TD. We think he has finally got it and with Cooks gone he will finally show up.
Brandon Coleman || "Goliath" ᴴᴰ || 2015 Highlights

Austin Carr you know he might work out, be kind of a less lance Moore type. He doesnt suck we know that SP sees something in him.
Rookie Austin Carr's Amazing TD Grab! | Jaguars vs. Patriots (Preseason) | NFL

RB
Alvin Kamara, I think he is the real deal and very dangerous. He seems to be NFL ready off the bat, and an upgrade from Reggie Bush to me.

Alvin Kamara Week 2 Preseason Highlights Explosion! | 8/20/2017

Ingram has finally figured it out threw determination, great blocker , very much a Duece bruiser runner with exceptional hands. Proud of this kid, should have given up but never did, he has a chip on his shoulder.
Mark Ingram || "Determination" ᴴᴰ || 2015 Highlights

Mark Ingram 2016 Highlights

AP everyone knows, but we will find how much he wants it on Monday. Most know it takes AP 10-15 carries to get going and he might not get that in NO. He seems to fall down for 1-2 yards. Most have said hes on another level in TC, they never saw a guy most that fast in any drection, but who knows.
Every New Orleans Saints RB Adrian Peterson play vs Houston Texans | Preseason Week 3 8-26-17

Adrian Peterson, Mark Ingram open up to Jay Glazer before 2017-18 NFL Season | FOX NFL

Prepare for AP 2.0: 'He Is Still Going to Be in That Upper 1 Percent'

Hope that helps fans here know where we are at with Snead out and gives them some insight into what Saints might have on offense. Cross your fingers our D does ok on Monday :). Id be happy to show some defense if anyone needs info thanks.

Last edited:
This game has all of the makings of a epic Brady vs Brees shootout! The first team to score 40 or has the ball last wins! It will be very interesting to see how the Saints defense looks on Monday in Minnesota! Brees is a heck of a QB (especially at home)! I'll stay far away from this game as a betting man like myself!
You're not going to take the over?

Seems to me the books won't be able to set it high enough to make that a bad bet.

This defense will make a statement next week. I have no doubts about that.

The only way this defense makes a "statement" is if they do three things:

One: Get up in the receivers faces and play some damn press man. None of this 15 yard cushions and tackling AFTER the opposing player had gained 8-10 yards.

Two: Never and I mean never have Brown, Branch, Flowers (he stays) and Richards as your pass rushers in any circumstance that doesn't involve 3rd and 50.

Three: Wise and Butlers snaps are around the 40-50 percent mark. Not the 15-20 snaps they played in the Chiefs game.

Not withstanding how to cover the RBs, do those 3 things and they make have a chance to do some good. Don't do those, and this is gonna get ugly.

Again.

You're not going to take the over?

Seems to me the books won't be able to set it high enough to make that a bad bet.
Based on what? Results from Thursday's game? Defensive points allowed vs. KC (unlikely to re-occur)? Offensive output? Can they even move the ball with any success if Amendola doesn't play?

How about N.Orleans, and the loss of their WR2 in Snead? Maybe their defense has improved upon last year's?

Do you take the back-to-back poor defensive showings from NE into account and include the SB? Or do you start over from scratch since there are a lot of new variables?

I get what you're saying but there are lots of things to try to take into account when projecting the total. I would see something in the mid-50s, without looking ahead on the site for future week two projections. I'm probably a point or two off, but that puts the projected points scored at around 27 for each team before adjusting for the point spread. Are you sure about making that kind of pick? I think I'll just do what Haterproof is doing and lay off until we have a better sample size.

When the schedule came out, I thought to myself, "Oh great, we get the defending champs in week 2 after they have had 10 days off and we have to play on Monday night and get only 6 days off". That was made worse that now that we have to play you guys coming off a loss.

Based on pre-season, I think the Saints' D has improved, but we played Cleveland, San Diego (without Rivers), Houston (without Watt), and Baltimore (without Flacco). The defensive stats for the pre-season were good, but I have to temper my optimism considering the quality of our opponents.

I think we will give Minnesota a tough game on Monday as I like the matchup. Strong O for us vs. a strong D for them. And hopefully an improved defense for us vs. a weak offense for the Vikes.

For those of you coming to NO for the game, the weather should be quite nice. We have had a ton of rain this summer, but the weather is looking very nice for the next 10 days.

When the schedule came out, I thought to myself, "Oh great, we get the defending champs in week 2 after they have had 10 days off and we have to play on Monday night and get only 6 days off". That was made worse that now that we have to play you guys coming off a loss.

Based on pre-season, I think the Saints' D has improved, but we played Cleveland, San Diego (without Rivers), Houston (without Watt), and Baltimore (without Flacco). The defensive stats for the pre-season were good, but I have to temper my optimism considering the quality of our opponents.

I think we will give Minnesota a tough game on Monday as I like the matchup. Strong O for us vs. a strong D for them. And hopefully an improved defense for us vs. a weak offense for the Vikes.

For those of you coming to NO for the game, the weather should be quite nice. We have had a ton of rain this summer, but the weather is looking very nice for the next 10 days.
I don't think D has improved until they prove it. WE hear that every year and still Brees carrying the team trying to get 35pt for a win. Not buying it.

I like Brees & the Saints. At home, they can give NE all they can handle. Having said that, with extra time to prepare and the added motivation of rebounding from an embarassing loss - I have to think NE still gets the edge here.

Here is the only prediction I feel comfortable about : if the front 7 doesn't improve - I expect BB to start his newest episode of "surprising cuts and moves" asap !

We think that would be a lot of fun :) Both very intense well prepared QB's friends who want to beat each other. I only hope the NE D has some of the mishaps in the KC game so it can be close. I still dont have confidence in our D until 8 games from now. They have a lot to prove after years of being bad. Would love to see a 1st ever Brady vs Brees 70pt exciting shootout :).

I agree, its game to game with Brees, and it being Brady I'm sure he will just think it's more fun. Snead being out is like losing a lesser Lance Moore, so it hurts, but I think most know NO is kind of a WR Breeding ground. Much like Broncos was a RB stable in Shanahan's time, SP has made amazing picks and development of different WR/TE's that no one else would consider picking.

Drew Brees 'chugging along' without Brandin Cooks, Willie Snead

Some WRs we have

Michael Thomas is kind of Colston 2, I think I've heard every team say if we can just solve Thomas and limit Cooks we have them. I've rarely seen Thomas wrapped up all game. Hes very good

Michael Thomas || "Seven Nation Army" || 2016 Rookie Highlights HD

Tommylee Lewis might be the next Brandon Cooks. Kid is fast and good hands

Coby Fleener is ok but drops some, we think he is struggling with the speed of the NO offense.
Coby Fleener || "Welcome To The World" || 2016 Highlights HD

Ted Ginn Jr drops some also, but also speed. We still don't know if he fits in or he might be perfect because other teams we too slow on offense. Ginn has a history of drops, but he is being taught by some of the best WR coaches in the NFL at NO. I have my doubts about him.
08/26/2017 - week 3 - Ted Ginn shows off his versatility for the Saints

shut off sound its a Panthers video lol
Ted Ginn Jr Highlights || 2016-2017 Season || Carolina Panthers ||

Brandon Coleman, can be a monster in a game and he looks like he's getting it. The Same kind of lunch pale Colston look alike, but a larger target than Thomas. Not a runner hes just a large jumping island to throw to for a TD. We think he has finally got it and with Cooks gone he will finally show up.

Austin Carr you know he might work out, be kind of a less lance Moore type. He doesnt suck we know that SP sees something in him.
Rookie Austin Carr's Amazing TD Grab! | Jaguars vs. Patriots (Preseason) | NFL

RB
Alvin Kamara, I think he is the real deal and very dangerous. He seems to be NFL ready off the bat, and an upgrade from Reggie Bush to me.

Alvin Kamara Week 2 Preseason Highlights Explosion! | 8/20/2017

Ingram has finally figured it out threw determination, great blocker , very much a Duece bruiser runner with exceptional hands. Proud of this kid, should have given up but never did, he has a chip on his shoulder.
Mark Ingram || "Determination" ᴴᴰ || 2015 Highlights

Mark Ingram 2016 Highlights

AP everyone knows, but we will find how much he wants it on Monday. Most know it takes AP 10-15 carries to get going and he might not get that in NO. He seems to fall down for 1-2 yards. Most have said hes on another level in TC, they never saw a guy most that fast in any drection, but who knows.
Every New Orleans Saints RB Adrian Peterson play vs Houston Texans | Preseason Week 3 8-26-17

Adrian Peterson, Mark Ingram open up to Jay Glazer before 2017-18 NFL Season | FOX NFL

Prepare for AP 2.0: 'He Is Still Going to Be in That Upper 1 Percent'

Hope that helps fans here know where we are at with Snead out and gives them some insight into what Saints might have on offense. Cross your fingers our D does ok on Monday :). Id be happy to show some defense if anyone needs info thanks.

Michael Thomas is already one of my favorite WRs in the league. I tried to get him in all 3 of my fantasy leagues. He's they type of WR, that if healthy, will have play 12-15 years in the league. Very steady, smart player. Reminds of me of a less athletic Larry Fitzgerald.

Isn't the secondary of the Saints supposed to be pretty weak? We need to find a way to exploit them somehow. It would be good to use Lewis and Burkhead more as WR than anything to throw them off.

Uh oh.....Sry Saints...

Last edited:
I saw 10-6 projected on some site and thought it was way off. Of course, it didn't help that the site also projected the Jets going 8-8.

The next 4 games aren't gimmees. The Bills may take the east this year. You never know

If the front 7 does not get any pressure, Bree's will put up a 400 yards 4 TD 130 passer rating stat line
which may or may not be enough to win

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes