PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're On To The Lolphins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your a tough guy over the internet...

It is you're. I will buy you this book because I know YOUR allowance is only $40 a week and you are saving for a nice cardboard box to live in since you flunked life.

HcZ_R1dAbUEC

Win all 3 and we clinch division at 11-2, going into Pitt.

Winning the AFCE is a step, but this year home field throughout is crucial. The defense is good but not dominant.

If Moore starts, he could be trouble for us. The dolphins defense is good.

This could be a nasty game if we do not execute.

If Moore starts, he could be trouble for us.
The last game Matt Moore started, he lost 40-0.

The dolphins defense is good.

Dolphins are 17th in yards allowed, 25th in Points allowed. 17th in passing yards, 14th in rushing yards.

In their last five games, the Dolphins have allowed: 28, 40, 27, 45 and 30 points.

No. No, they're not good. They might have 'guy you heard of on ESPN', but no, they're not good.

This could be a nasty game if we do not execute.

You can say that for every game, although the Patriots tend to beat bad teams even if they play poorly.

Winning the AFCE is a step, but this year home field throughout is crucial. The defense is good but not dominant.
Understanding that we’ve never gone to the SB in 9 trips without having a first round bye (aside from the 1985 WC run, of course), I think it’s always crucial, but you’re right that it dramatically increases the odds and would help to mask the weakness in the run defense.

I don’t think I’d necessarily feel that “home field throughout” would be needed since I think we can go to Pittsburgh and win a hypothetical rematch in the AFCCG should it come to it, but I think we definitely need one of the top 1-2 seeds which would secure a bye week and avoid the first game on wild card weekend.

Understanding that we’ve never gone to the SB in 9 trips without having a first round bye (aside from the 1985 WC run, of course), I think it’s always crucial, but you’re right that it dramatically increases the odds and would help to mask the weakness in the run defense.

I don’t think I’d necessarily feel that “home field throughout” would be needed since I think we can go to Pittsburgh and win a hypothetical rematch in the AFCCG should it come to it, but I think we definitely need one of the top 1-2 seeds which would secure a bye week and avoid the first game on wild card weekend.

Tom Brady is not the same Brady from ten years ago or even three years ago.

This is a different Brady. He's better and more relaxed. He's won two SBs in the last three years. He's no longer pressing which I think he was during his ten year drought. I think his teammates believe they can win any game no matter the odds or the circumstances after both SB 49 and 51.

Opponents also know or think Brady can flip the switch on any game.

Back in 2013 I would have said Bye Weeks and HFA are crucial but not anymore.

I do think they will end up getting the 1 or 2 seed and also think the odds are better if they do but I also think this New Brady could drag his team through any playoff scenario.

Funny back story on that commercial. They originally had Peyton scripted for that role but the vase kept getting picked by the people walking out the door.

Oh well. I know we all wish there were a few more PM (not premenstrual) commercials.

Funny back story on that commercial. They originally had Peyton scripted for that role but the vase kept getting picked by the people walking out the door.

Oh well. I know we all wish there were a few more PM (not premenstrual) commercials.

I heard it was because the vase fluttered through the air like a wounded duck for 15 sec before hitting the target and they needed to cut down on the length of the commercial....

Some OT but the "Broke Girl" with the tits isn't aging well.
They both have tits. You talking about the one from “40 Year Old Virgin?” Because those aren’t tits. Those are jugs.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: ALP
They both have tits. You talking about the one from “40 Year Old Virgin?” Because those aren’t tits. Those are jugs.

She was pretty back then. To me, she looks haggard now. One "Weinstein" too many, I'm guessing.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: ALP
I don't care if we are 17 point favorites! I am doing a quick breakdown anyway!

Where should we attack Miami? Pass the ball. They have the 2nd worst defensive passer rating in the NFL. Even with that bad pass D they oddly enough haven't given up many yards... As for why I don't know. Teams have not attacked that like they should have IMO.

Their run D is average. Not bad. Not good. So running on them is okay but you won't be able to run over him.

Their front doesn't generate much pressure. Wake and Suh are still there but the pressure just isn't what is use to be for these older players.

I am happy to attack their secondary all day at pretty much any spot. Alonso is perhaps their best defensive player right now at LB and he isn't doing all that well. He is horrible at covering 3rd down backs this year.

On offense their running game is actually okay. Drake and Williams seem to alternate okay games. Usually they don't get to continue to run cause they get behind too much though and become 1 dimensional. Their RBs can catch a bit but it isn't something to worry about too much.

They of course have a good WR core with Stills, Parker and Landry. No surprise there. You can't entirely forget Julius Thomas at TE either though he isn't what he was with Manning back in the day.

Their OL is average to below average in both run and pass blocking.

The way to play this team is simple no matter who their QB is.. pass early, pass often, pass deep, pass short. They can't defend our passing offense. If they get some pressure leave an extra guy home and keep passing. Run enough to make them respect it then burn them on play action. That is the offensive game play.

On D just play back and dare them to run. This could be another 3-2-6 game. They have dangerous WRs but the QB will screw up if we give him enough chances.

Repeat as needed till up and then run the game out.
You are putting an awful lot of weight in a formula that is horrible at rating pass offenses and even worse at rating pass defenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back