PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're On To The Lolphins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care if we are 17 point favorites! I am doing a quick breakdown anyway!

Where should we attack Miami? Pass the ball. They have the 2nd worst defensive passer rating in the NFL. Even with that bad pass D they oddly enough haven't given up many yards... As for why I don't know. Teams have not attacked that like they should have IMO.

Their run D is average. Not bad. Not good. So running on them is okay but you won't be able to run over him.

Their front doesn't generate much pressure. Wake and Suh are still there but the pressure just isn't what is use to be for these older players.

I am happy to attack their secondary all day at pretty much any spot. Alonso is perhaps their best defensive player right now at LB and he isn't doing all that well. He is horrible at covering 3rd down backs this year.

On offense their running game is actually okay. Drake and Williams seem to alternate okay games. Usually they don't get to continue to run cause they get behind too much though and become 1 dimensional. Their RBs can catch a bit but it isn't something to worry about too much.

They of course have a good WR core with Stills, Parker and Landry. No surprise there. You can't entirely forget Julius Thomas at TE either though he isn't what he was with Manning back in the day.

Their OL is average to below average in both run and pass blocking.

The way to play this team is simple no matter who their QB is.. pass early, pass often, pass deep, pass short. They can't defend our passing offense. If they get some pressure leave an extra guy home and keep passing. Run enough to make them respect it then burn them on play action. That is the offensive game play.

On D just play back and dare them to run. This could be another 3-2-6 game. They have dangerous WRs but the QB will screw up if we give him enough chances.

Repeat as needed till up and then run the game out.

Last edited:
I don't care if we are 17 point favorites! I am doing a quick breakdown anyway!

Where should we attack Miami? Pass the ball. They have the 2nd worst defensive passer rating in the NFL. Even with that bad pass D they oddly enough haven't given up many yards... As for why I don't know. Teams have not attacked that like they should have IMO.

Their run D is average. Not bad. Not good. So running on them is okay but you won't be able to run over him.

Their front doesn't generate much pressure. Wake and Suh are still there but the pressure just isn't what is use to be for these older players.

I am happy to attack their secondary all day at pretty much any spot. Alonso is perhaps their best defensive player right now at LB and he isn't doing all that well. He is horrible at covering 3rd down backs this year.

On offense their running game and is actually okay. Drake and Williams seem to alternate good games. Usually they don't get to continue to run cause they get behind too much though and become 1 dimensional. Their RBs can catch a bit but it isn't something to worry about too much.

They of course have a good WR core with Stills, Parker and Landry. No surprise there. You can't entirely forget Julius Thomas at TE either though he isn't what he was with Manning back in the day.

Their OL is average to below average in both run and pass blocking.

The way to play this team is simple no matter who their QB is.. pass early, pass often, pass deep, pass short. They can't defend our passing offense. If they get some pressure leave an extra guy home and keep passing. Run enough to make them respect it then burn them on play action. That is the offensive game play.

On D just play back and dare them to run. This could be another 3-2-6 game. They have dangerous WRs but the QB will screw up if we give him enough chances.

Repeat as needed till up and then run the game out.

The Pats may be able to do some stat-padding over the next six weeks.

I do too. I’m guessing lots of us hope that Cutler is out there. Ultimately, I don’t think they can slow our offense down very well, so they could probably have Joe Montana and it still may not be a close game.

At this age, I think Montana might be a litlte overmatched...

At this age, I think Montana might be a litlte overmatched...
I dunna know. He looked pretty good throwing that vase from 15 yards over the head of that girl from Two Broke Girls

You are an idiot

Why haven't you been banned yet? All you do is call names like a child. Just because your a loner
Only 17 point favorites.

Hopefully Bill uses this complete lack of respect as bulletin board material. It's very insulting to be favored by only 17 against this team.

I'm actually shocked the spread is what it is. I mean this is a divisional game. These two clubs know one another.

You are an idiot

"You are an idiot". Ah...words I'm sure your mother repeatedly echoed for years to herself after giving birth to your thrashy self.

I'm actually shocked the spread is what it is. I mean this is a divisional game. These two clubs know one another.

I might take the Points to be honest if I was to bet on this game. 17 is a lot.

The Pats have played so well recently they are due for an underwhelming 10-13 point win.

It's funny that a 30-17 Patriots win would disappoint a lot of fans.

You'd hear "why did our D give up 17 points? It's regressing! Why did our O only score 30 points? Brady is declining!"

I might take the Points to be hones if I was to bet on this game. 17 is a lot.

The Pats have played so well recently they are do for an underwhelming 10-13 point win.

It's funny that a 30-17 Patriots win would disappoint a lot of fans.

You'd hear "why did our D give up 17 points? It's regressing! Why did our O only score 30 points? Brady is declining!"

Yeah that's why I take division games with a grain of salt. That said, I think it would take dumb mistakes, turnovers, and an out of this world Moote to win.

Normally I would be more concerned about divisional games, but when the J-E-T-E-S are the least dysfunctional opponent in the East then rolling over all of them seems likely.

"You are an idiot". Ah...words I'm sure your mother repeatedly echoed for years to herself after giving birth to your thrashy self.
I am not really into "thrash" I am more into top40 these days but like some classics. I am not sure if telling someone they are "thrashy" is an insult. But I guess that is what I am going to get from someone who hasn't graduated high school yet. The typical mother jokes and pure stupidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes