PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're on to 2016. Think FA/Trades as in 2007 rather than the #60 Draft choice [sign the beast v 004]

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was actually a relatively entertaining article. Thanks!

Yes it was. We get a lot of that here.

OT: Speaking of entertainment, wasn't it you who recommended the show Psych to me? That's one heck of a funny show. Thanks.

This nonsense about needing to change up techniques to go free agent heavy is ridiculous, especially at a crucial time approaching when we have many of our own to take care of.

We still have 3 picks in the top 3 rounds, so all of this talk is silly in my opinion.

There's nothing wrong with snagging players that would likely be a good fit for a solid price, I think you may be confusing that with going full by ****** signing a big name for stupid money.

I know he probably doesn't let emotions factor in his decisions in the offseason, but at some point even BB has to believe that the TB window is closing and will sell part of the future for now.

To me it's another example of the uneven way the NYJFL hands out punishment. He never used a PED but he's one step away from being out of the league. Too bad because he's one hell of a player.

I agree, there shouldn't be league punishments for this stuff. But the union gave this crap up to the league.

Yes it was. We get a lot of that here.

OT: Speaking of entertainment, wasn't it you who recommended the show Psych to me? That's one heck of a funny show. Thanks.
Probably was me though there are a couple other fans around these parts... Glad to have made another fan though! One of my favorite shows. Enjoy :)

No thanks on JPP.. IMHO the hand issue shows that he has a head issue..

I think he learned his lesson, and I'm sure the Pats will insist on clauses to protect the team in case he does anything stupid and harms himself again.

I agree. Why in the world would hte Patriots be chasing a safety now with Harmon and Richards in teh wings, Chung playing great, and McCourty about as good as it gets?

And with other concerns far more pressing??????

No, you miss my point. If you look at the defense, they played very well Sunday except the first drive and a 30 YD run late in the game.

They need to resign Hicks as a priority. Then next the Pats are thinnest at LB.

Assuming Mayo does not be invited back and unless you count Freeney as a starter potential, Chung is a unique scenario. Chung plays well on the line and he still has shown better skills in coverage. The Cards had their SS Bucannon switch to OLB and he is smaller than Chung. Lavonte David of the Bucs is a smaller OLB that I think BB had an idea to Draft. NFL Teams play "mimic the success". I could see Chung as a LB in 2016. He was in on 85 tackles this year.

Now, to counter that you need a starting Safety. Harmon? Richards? Back-ups at best. My point was in a typical BB move of grabbing talent that he can stretch a few more years like a Rodney, he is getting intelligence and a better playmaker than McCourty IMO. He was with a much worse defensive Team over the years and produced and his stats reflect that. I am not slamming McCourty . Just saying those two with Chung as an outside LB to compliment DH and JC would give us speed and talent and the back end manned by two capable vets.....So yes IMO Weddle makes this Team better in 2016.

OK....Think this way, you can see that Chung actually played LB already this year many times. Who would you rather have on the back...Weddle and McCourty or McCourty and Harmom/Richards?

Remember in 2003 they started the season with Milloy and Jones as Safeties and still went after Harrison as an extra piece. Of course we all know what happened with Milloy. So BB had good talent and just added more to the back end. Good thing too. What I am saying is BB is not adverse to adding talent to a position that we might consider full.

I just think Weddle is a BB type. I might be wrong but it is a thought.
DW Toys

Mayo isn't going anywhere Belichick loves him and Mayo is rational and that he has to completely redo his deal, just as Wilfork did when everyone here was writing him off as done in New England.

Mayo's current deal won't be redone. He has an option that is due on March 9. Pats will decline the option and free up $8m on the cap. Maybe he does come back but he isn't coming back on a redone deal.

Mayo's current deal won't be redone. He has an option that is due on March 9. Pats will decline the option and free up $8m on the cap. Maybe he does come back but he isn't coming back on a redone deal.

Too loose with language. I realize they need to clear the big money off I just believe he will sign another deal with them to finish his career here.

Not enough available space to sign Weddle, whom I like very much, when there are postitions even thinner than Safety which need addressing: LT/RT, LG/LT, LG, WR, CB, RB, TE, OLB.

Not enough available space to sign Weddle, whom I like very much, when there are postitions even thinner than Safety which need addressing: LT/RT, LG/LT, LG, WR, CB, RB, TE, OLB.
Fair enough response.
DW Toys

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back