PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Went back and read the SB51 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
After they scored to take the 28-3 lead I was about to change the channel and was preparing myself for a self imposed media blackout until the draft. Then I remembered the comeback against the Broncos and that near comeback against the 49ers which kept me watching. I didn't get my hopes until the Edelman catch and the successful two point conversion.

Once we got the ball in overtime I was on my feet, pacing back and forth. Once JAmes White scored I jumped up and down hollering at the top of my lungs. All my noise woke my mom up who went to sleep after halftime. She wasn't a fan of the team but was happy because I was.

She passed away recently so this memory is more bittersweet now.
Sorry for your loss, moms are special.

You didn’t get excited until OT? Man, tough crowd.

Don't get me wrong, my heart was DEFINITELY pumping before then, but I was somehow calm. I couldn't believe what was happening I guess, and I kept waiting for that moment that Atlanta put a stop to it. I knew they wouldn't be able to after the Amendola catch.

For several years before that game, I had told people one of my biggest fears as a football fan was a Patriots-Falcons Super Bowl, Pats up 2 with a few seconds left and the Falcons have called a timeout to let Bryant attempt a game winning FG. Now, I'll never root against the Patriots, but I didn't want to root for Bryant to miss either.

So after we tied the game, that thought crossed my mind. "Oh sh**!!!!" Thankfully our kicking team pinned them deep.

I'm afraid to know what I said. I was under-the-influence of cupcakes.

I was watching the game with the kiddos and I do remember consuming 5 chocolate raspberry cupcakes with cream frosting my daughter made at 28-3, 28-9, 28-12, 28-20 and 28-28.
I thought you were going to say they were cannabis infused cupcakes, lol.

Watched SB at a friend's in Orlando and thought about driving back home at half time, but decided to stay. At 28-3 I was resigned to a loss and just prayed they would make it a fight instead of the wipeout we were witnessing. Never thought they would make it back but never stopped watching either. Classic SB, even better than the win against Seattle, another classic.

I hope you used the convenient link in my signature that memorializes the greatest shot called in sports history.

@patfanken as great as 34-28 was, I’d still trade it in for 19-0.

gettyimages-633949246_wide-80f20f3a711a1d95d90e8f171e0a25b101075574.jpg

Great photo...Brady in the background watching the showboating.

.. even when they were starting to come back my attitude was that it was "nice" that were were going to make it look close.

Same. I think that's what most of us felt at that point. "At least it wont be a blow-out".

...I can't imagine what it must have been like for a Falcons fan.

And the entire non-patriot fan world. I can imagine how I'd have felt had I been watching Peyton Manning do this in a Super Bowl at the height of our "competition".

I nearly fainted when Edelman had his miracle catch.

I don't ever participate in SB GDT's because I avoid all distractions ... I'm usually pacing too. But I admit I thought the game was over after they went up 28-3 on us. I left the bar, which was loaded with Steelers fans rooting for the Falcons. I wish I had stayed.
Every time I read the SB GDT’s while it’s happening we lose.

Great thread! Because I was at the game I never thought of reading any of the SB 51 threads anywhere because my old board at KFFL went kaput 3-4 months prior and I wasn't posting anywhere....

Watching Lady Gaga down 21-3 was not a good feeling after you spent a fortune for two seats and still had to drive back to Dallas after the game to catch an early morning flight.....

But the thing I remember the most was the saddest thing. We got back to DFW airport early in the morning and returned our rental. Took the complimentary shuttle to the terminal. There were only 4 people on the bus...me, wifey, and a Falcons fan couple who also had cone from the game.... THEY WERE DEVASTATED....it was a 5 minute long uncomfortably silent ride...

Once my wife talked me out of putting my head in the oven, everything worked out fine

gettyimages-633949246_wide-80f20f3a711a1d95d90e8f171e0a25b101075574.jpg

Great photo...Brady in the background watching the showboating.
Best part is the Falcons coaches running around like crazy celebrating. When was the last time Belichick ever did that until the clock hit 0:00?

This was before I was on the forum, I wanted to see what you all were saying during 28-3 and jeez Most of you obviously thought it was over but some of you thought we were going to get blown out like the broncos in SB48. I remember I stopped watching it at halftime but turned it back on when we got a touchdown.

What? I always believed. Or at least I hope I did. o_O

Cupcakes are one of nature's most perfect foods.

Right there with coffee, beer, bacon & bourbon. That's how I see the food pyramid, anyway.
Incomplete list.

Kettle cooked potato chips

:p

One of my favorites really. All my friends talking **** texting me and bam the tables turned, it was amazing. One of my friend asked for his $200 in pennies I would’ve owed him only for me to get it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back