PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Went back and read the SB51 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super bowl probaby has the most meaning to me. Went over to watch it with my grandfather, who was diagnosed with cancer maybe a year before the game. Sadly, a month before the game his brother passed away, so he took a trip to Ohio for his funeral, which was 2 weeks before the game. I wanted to spend it with him because at his age (mid 70s), it was really hard to say how many more he (and we), would get to see together. Game was frustrating, but that comeback was attonement for all the recent awful news our family had. I even had my dad call me up going into OT and tell me: "God damn, that brady is the most unbelievable player i've ever seen." (He's a Cowboys fan, bless his poor soul)

Needless to say, all the wins i've had the luxury to watch with friends and family, that was the most meaningful SB win i've ever watched. I told my grandpa afterward, the Patriots won that for Doug (his brother).

I will say I didn't have the stomach to visit the gameday thread that day.... probably another blessing ;)

I really wish I could get over 18-1 but I just can’t. I wish I could, I try to heal but I can’t. I just continue pretending it never happened.
Just accept it. Everything in life has imperfections. And that team was not playing its best football at the end of the year. SB champs usually are.

I was fighting with the idiot in my sig the whole time that night........

Vl0KIES.png

I never really relax during a game until the clock hits 0. Being a Pats fan that usually means I’m sweating protecting a lead and I don’t feel comfortable until we’re up by 35.

The side effect of this is that I also never give up no matter how much we’re down. I’ve seen too much strange crap happen in sports.

So at 28-3 I was beaten down and I started drinking which I usually don’t do during games. But I still had this feeling that if any team could pull it off it was the Pats. In my mind they’re somewhat magical, kinda like Santa Claus. I just had this feeling like they were going to do something amazing.

Honestly I was most upset when Gost missed the extra point and made it 28-9. It just felt like nothing was going our way.

I refused to turn it off though because I decided that the Pats have given me years of joy and either I was going to witness their most amazing gift yet or I was gonna get my head kicked in and take it like a man.

My son watched the game with me and more than a few life lessons were imparted that night. Watching Brady go from face down on the field watching a pick 6 to SB champion taught him more than I could ever explain about never giving up and fighting until the very end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News