PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welcome to the Pats Deatrich Wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arkansas, the new Rutgers....

Arkansas, the new Rutgers....

Let's hope so! While we were all laughing at Bill's Rutgers obsession, we kind of overlooked what good picks those Scarlet Knights were overall. Not only did McCourty, Ryan and Harmon just form the backbone of a SB champion secondary, but take a look at the players drafted after them at their positions. (* = a player currently unsigned or out of football)

Devin McCourty (Kyle Wilson*, Patrick Robinson, Chris Cook*)
Logan Ryan (Kayvon Webster, Will Davis*, B.W. Webb)
Duron Harmon (Duke Williams*, Shamarko Thomas*, Phillip Thomas*)

Let's hope so! While we were all laughing at Bill's Rutgers obsession, we kind of overlooked what good picks those Scarlet Knights were overall. Not only did McCourty, Ryan and Harmon just form the backbone of a SB champion secondary, but take a look at the players drafted after them at their positions. (* = a player currently unsigned or out of football)

Devin McCourty (Kyle Wilson*, Patrick Robinson, Chris Cook*)
Logan Ryan (Kayvon Webster, Will Davis*, B.W. Webb)
Duron Harmon (Duke Williams*, Shamarko Thomas*, Phillip Thomas*)

What about safeties taken right after McCourty? After all, he himself washed out of the league...as a corner.

Let's hope so! While we were all laughing at Bill's Rutgers obsession, we kind of overlooked what good picks those Scarlet Knights were overall.
I wasn't laughing but thinking about the game last year where all three of them had a pick and BB referenced than in the locker room video post-game giving a shout out to Rutgers........

I wasn't laughing but thinking about the game last year where all three of them had a pick and BB referenced than in the locker room video post-game giving a shout out to Rutgers........

IIRC, one of the DB coaches is also front Rutgers.

I thought it was someone else, but you might be right. :)
Other connection is DL coach Brendan Daly who , played and coached with Chris Ash at Drake. Ash is now head coach at Rutgers......I don't think Daly himself has a Rutgers connection....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes