PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Welcome Mac Jones

BTW - I hope the Patriots QB coach can help Jonesy improve on any weakness he has....
Also, can he play under snowy conditions in NE.

Soon to be heard on Felger and Mazz: "Mac beats out Cam in training camp, Cam cut before week 1, you heard it here first!"
No way. Their take will be more like this "Bill has blown this so bad since Brady left they left themselves so thin they had no choice but to take the 5th best QB at 15"

I haven’t followed college football at all and I’ve only watched 1 highlight video.

A+ pick! 19-0

Edit: I’ve been made aware it’s 20-0 now.

Last edited:
Highly doubt it. No way BillB starts Jonesy. No matter what they say about "Pro Ready"...

Here's a Jonesy throw mechanics breakdown video....

I'll wait for tomorrow for realism to come into the frame.

Right now I'm in full orgasmic afterglow mode.

I'm surprised no one posted "that" meme yet...

That's too positive a take for F&M. It'll be angled more like: "If Mac doesn't beat out CAM FREAKIN' NEWTON for week 1, he's a BUST, Mike!"
Yeah, you're right. I'm just too well-adjusted to channel F&M. Nothing personal, Sicilian!

What's interesting is that picking Mac is a clear statement that their offense is reverting to what made them great the last 20 years. And Cam doesn't fit in it. So, is it better to have Cam running a bad mixed version of a RPO offense preparing Mac, or have Stidham at least grease the wheel for the style and system-ready offense they want to develop with Mac? Also, if Stidham sucks, it'll make an easier transition to a rookie, who will obviously struggle if he plays by the end of this year.

@Ring 6 I know this wasn't the guy you wanted. But I do recall one of your main predictors for the Patriots selecting a first round QB was that they'd built the team in the offseason to be very rookie QB friendly: Strong OL, tight ends for versatility and safety nets, strong running game and strong defense. With Jones being a "pro ready" QB, does this give you some consolation, or is it too soon?

(This may be coming across snarky or sarcastic but I promise it's not)

Is jones better than Ryan Mallet and Stidham?

One worry about him is that he had the top offensive weapons (RB too) with a very stout OL.

How will he handle this with mediocre to below-average WRs?

Haven't looked at much for any of them, as I thought the Pats would have to spend a ton to get one - and BB wouldn't do it. Thought Cam or Jimmy would be the QB.

So just spent a half hour watching clips, reading...okay, he's not a track star, but he throws a pretty ball. And sounds like he's all about FOOTBALL.

So I'm hopeful.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Back