PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Welcome Mac Jones

I don’t think I’ve ever been this happy on draft night in 9 or 10 years ! Maybe more. I LOVE Mac Jones, and thought we would have to trade up to get him. I am in shock. I really thought even with Jones there, they would do what Belichick always does, and do something weird. I can’t say how happy I am. I can’t sleep. I really feel all 5 QBs are gonna be good, just thrilled we got one of them. Jones was my 3rd favorite. Wasn’t a huge Fields fan, and was worried about Lance.

Even saying that, I think all 5 are better than the best QB from the 2022 draft. THIS was the year to get your franchise QB. While watching the college championship game, I was dreaming about the Pats drafting Jones. I’m beyond happy. Been a Pat’s fan since 1975, and I’m excited as I was in 1993 with Drew. Wow. Shocked.

I wonder if Kraft’s comments about bad drafts, and the need to get our QB of the future had anything to do with the pick.

Now whoever we get at 46 is icing on the cake.

The synergy between player strength and team philosophy makes this the perfect pick for New England. Super happy.
He was in my opinion the best fit for what the Patriots like to do on offense. Accurate, can get the ball out quick, good at reading defenses.

Well we got our qb, lets hope its the right one.

he has some quality traits im excited about

Ex
I don’t think I’ve ever been this happy on draft night in 9 or 10 years ! Maybe more. I LOVE Mac Jones, and thought we would have to trade up to get him. I am in shock. I really thought even with Jones there, they would do what Belichick always does, and do something weird. I can’t say how happy I am. I can’t sleep. I really feel all 5 QBs are gonna be good, just thrilled we got one of them. Jones was my 3rd favorite. Wasn’t a huge Fields fan, and was worried about Lance.

Even saying that, I think all 5 are better than the best QB from the 2022 draft. THIS was the year to get your franchise QB. While watching the college championship game, I was dreaming about the Pats drafting Jones. I’m beyond happy. Been a Pat’s fan since 1975, and I’m excited as I was in 1993 with Drew. Wow. Shocked.

I wonder if Kraft’s comments about bad drafts, and the need to get our QB of the future had anything to do with the pick.

Expecting a trade down to get those mid picks,

BB will be fired by Kraft within 2 years.

Jones will flop when there is not the best players in the NCAA surrounding him. Waddle, Smith and Surtain all gone by 10 with more Bama players to follow.
You're truly an idiot.

Jones has everything the Pats would want in a QB. Efficient, throws into tight windows, can diagnose the field and go through his progressions quickly, a quick release, and a proven leader. His biggest knock of not having great down the field arm strength isn't as big of a liability with the Pats as other teams (that actually was Brady's biggest knock back in the early 2000s).

There are still questions on how good he will be, but on paper he is a perfect fit for the Pats. I have concerns about his conditioning, but that can be managed pretty easily if he is willing to work at it.

I think he is a better fit for the Pats than Lance or Fields, but I am not sure if his ceiling is as high as their's.

Yeah... I remember when they called Tribusky "pro ready" too...
Other than the whole not being nearly as successful in a second-rate conference, sure.

Belichick just aced this board. Got his guy and didn’t move a lick. The sour face at the Bama Pro Day was a nice touch.

The pick was part necessity. They had to have a QB. But I like Jones a lot. He came a long way at Bama and once he got the bit, he never let it go.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Back