ANNOUNCEMENT Welcome Back!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
I apologize for the extended outage. Some of the features of the previous forum were run on a 3rd-party add-on that had 3-million+ rows in it and it required a second import tool that literally ran all day yesterday and through last night. One of which was for the reactions (Likes/Dislikes/Winner/Genius, etc). That one is actually still running so as a result, reactions are currently disabled until hopefully later this morning. Should be done in the next hour or two.

In the meantime, there are still some things I'm working out but it's good to have everyone back and I appreciate your patience and continued support :)

Thanks Ian for everything you do!

The new format looks great!
Thanks :cool: A little sleeker and I fixed a lot of the previous issues that were a little annoying. It's not done yet, but I didn't want to keep things shut down any longer and will hopefully be buttoning things up later tonight and probably into tomorrow. But we're at least up and running again.

Very nice website. You keep making Patsfans better and better. Thank you.

New website, QB and era.

Very nice website. You keep making Patsfans better and better. Thank you.

New website, QB and era.
Appreciate it. Turned out to be a little tougher than I expected, but definitely glad to be back up and running again. :)

Appreciate it. Turned out to be a little tougher than I expected, but definitely glad to be back up and running again. :)
Your time and the cost of software and internet services.

We owe you something

• ThankU!
Reactions: Ian
Forum looks great Ian...:)

• ThankU!
Your time and the cost of software and internet services.

We owe you something
It's just great having everyone here and it's honestly a lot of fun. The older I've gotten, the more I've appreciated it all and I'm just glad we've been able to keep it going. I realized a couple of months ago that I registered patsfans.com back in June of 2000. It's officially been 20-years...crazy :)

It's just great having everyone here and it's honestly a lot of fun. The older I've gotten, the more I've appreciated it all and I'm just glad we've been able to keep it going. I realized a couple of months ago that I registered patsfans.com back in June of 2000. It's officially been 20-years...crazy :)

It has been a great 20 years too. No reason why the Pats cant be great again.

Time goes faster and faster the older you get. This year is over in approximately 120 days.

Thanks Ian looks great!:thumbsup:

• ThankU!
I apologize for the extended outage. Some of the features of the previous forum were run on a 3rd-party add-on that had 3-million+ rows in it and it required a second import tool that literally ran all day yesterday and through last night. One of which was for the reactions (Likes/Dislikes/Winner/Genius, etc). That one is actually still running so as a result, reactions are currently disabled until hopefully later this morning. Should be done in the next hour or two.

In the meantime, there are still some things I'm working out but it's good to have everyone back and I appreciate your patience and continued support :)

I really like the bookmarking/labeling feature. This will come in handy.

I looked through the profile settings but didn't see anything.. Is there any option to get a solid colored background instead of the picture of the Proshop ? I'd prefer something calm in the back and not a photo.

Also are the emoticon reactions / likes gone for good ? Or is this a plugin that you might turn on at a later point ?

btw. the customize button on the twitter feed is throwing errors right now.

I looked through the profile settings but didn't see anything.. Is there any option to get a solid colored background instead of the picture of the Proshop ? I'd prefer something calm in the back and not a photo.

Also are the emoticon reactions / likes gone for good ? Or is this a plugin that you might turn on at a later point ?

No, reactions are still going to be here - they're just still importing and I'll re-enable those once it's done. Hopefully, later this morning.

As for the background, I'm actually working on some optional themes where you'll have a couple others to choose from. Probably in the next week or so.

Also, the customize button should be working now - thank you for alerting me to that.

Lastly, the "pinned" function will be available on mobile later today. Right now, it currently only appears on desktop, but I'll fix that and it will work on all platforms.

As for the background, I'm actually working on some optional themes where you'll have a couple others to choose from. Probably in the next week or so.

Awesome. Right now I am just using the Stylebot extension to overwrite your CSS to get there but I can't wait for a proper way to have a less busy background going on.

No, reactions are still going to be here - they're just still importing and I'll re-enable those once it's done. Hopefully, later this morning.

Great!

Thanks for the quick reply and all the work. Hope you find some sleep once the deployment is finished :D

• ThankU!
Impressive... Nice work

• ThankU!
Thanks, Ian. While I post infrequently, at best, there is seldom a day that I don't spend considerable time here gathering Patriots and NFL news. I've been a member here for 16 years, and I love this place. Thanks very much for all of your efforts to keep this site a must visit for me.

Thanks, Ian. While I post infrequently, at best, there is seldom a day that I don't spend considerable time here gathering Patriots and NFL news. I've been a member here for 16 years, and I love this place. Thanks very much for all of your efforts to keep this site a must visit for me.
Appreciate that. As I mentioned earlier it's still hard to believe it's been that long but it's been a lot of fun and it's just cool that we're all still doing this after all these years. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down