PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welcome back Isaiah Wynn

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Hopefully Watson and LaCosse can step up in the run block game. I'm also hoping Elandon Roberts is getting more comfortable at FB and can knock some people over.
LaGlasse has Never stepped-up in the run-block game, anywhere, ever...and it's Never happening here either.

Worst TEs in Football.

My Wynn jersey arrived today!!!!!!!!

You expect Wynn to be on the bench while Newhouse plays???

I do NOT. Wynn at 75% is much better than Newhouse. I expect Wynn to play every meaningful snap, as long as he is healthy.

Wynn's return will be noticeable, even if he's on a snap count for a few weeks while he adjusts to NFL speed after so much time off. .

I do NOT. Wynn at 75% is much better than Newhouse. I expect Wynn to play every meaningful snap, as long as he is healthy.

Agreed. If they're worried about Wynn not holding up and for a whole game or re-aggravating the injury, then the problem is bigger anyway.

I agree 1000%, a rusty Wynn is still an upgrade over Newhouse. I stopped counting how many times he was pushed into Brady’s face against Philly.

BTW- even WITH Newhouse, the Pats pass protection has hasn't been all that bad this year. Brady has been sacked just 17 times. That's 4th fewest in the NFL (Dallas at 12 is the best) And the 51 QB hits is fewer than the 54 Dallas has allowed with their all world OL.

I agree with the spirit of your posts, Ken, but this one misses the target. The reason why NE tried every type of screen pass imaginable last week is because they didn't think the pass pro could hold up. The reason Brady locks in on Julian despite knowing he's being tripled is because he's worried about the pass pro holding up. The reason Brady has made some dreadful red zone throws is because the pass pro wasn't holding up.

The lack of sacks is not because pass pro has been decent, it's because Brady and Josh have jury-rigged an offense that can keep Tom reasonable clean. And it's these jury-riggings that lead to many of the inefficiencies we witness each week.

So, yes, Tom has been under a great deal of pressure. And yes, it's had a major impact on the offense. They've just done a decent job of keeping Tom from getting the snot kicked out of him.

I don't know what to expect, exactly. We're talking about a foot injury for a big man. Those things take time and really cut into cardio and lower body strength training. I can imagine they ease him in depending on his lower body strength and stamina.

You raise an interesting question with your use of the word "meaningful." The Patriots have put a lot of time in with Newhouse this season. The results have been inconsistent, to put it mildly. It's hard for me, at a detailed level, to assess what Newhouse does well and doesn't do well in certain situations and against different types of opponents. Scar knows.

I start watching every play with the lines as a unit to see what's going on before worrying about what is going with the ball. I definitely notice when guys get beat or just dominated. One thing that is impossible to miss is that Newhouse has spent a lot of time blocking air.

I do know that platooning linemen works in many situations, and is common in short yardage and special teams. It will be interesting to see if they platoon Newhouse with Wynn or Cannon and under what circumstances. If Newhouse can carry some of the load as a swing tackle, that could be very helpful down the stretch.

I don't know what to expect, exactly. We're talking about a foot injury for a big man. Those things take time and really cut into cardio and lower body strength training. I can imagine they ease him in depending on his lower body strength and stamina.

You raise an interesting question with your use of the word "meaningful." The Patriots have a put a lot of time in with Newhouse this season. The results have been inconsistent, to put it mildly. It's hard for me, at a detailed level, to assess what Newhouse does well and doesn't do well in certain situations and against different types of opponents. Scar knows.

I start watching every play with the lines as a unit to see what's going on before worrying about what is going with the ball. I definitely notice when guys get beat or just dominated. One thing that is impossible to miss is that Newhouse has spent a lot of time blocking air.

I do know that platooning linemen works in many situations, and is common in short yardage and special teams. It will be interesting to see if they platoon Newhouse with Wynn or Cannon and under what circumstances. If Newhouse can carry some of the load as a swing tackle, that could be very helpful down the stretch.

I don't think anyone should be surprised if Wynn shares time with Newhouse, at least at the start.

I don't know what to expect, exactly. We're talking about a foot injury for a big man. Those things take time and really cut into cardio and lower body strength training.

He's playing, and I expect him to play every snap. The foot injury was given extra time and he's even had an extra week of practice as a lead up. Full steam ahead!

Hard to say. The best we can definitely say about Wynn is that he isn't Newhouse. Fact of the matter is he's barely played for us. We know he's talented but talent alone won't cut it if he can't stay on the field.

I like to think in reality he has a life sized poster of Patrick Pass surrounded with hearts and rainbows in his man cave.

I had the good fortune to meet Pat Pass (what a great name for a Pats player btw) a few times at a golf tourney. He's a fine young man. The thing I noticed was his build. He looked like part man and part bowling ball. It couldn't have been easy for a DB to take him down.

I wouldn't be surprised. To me, it would mean that he still isn't at 100% physically.

I don't think anyone should be surprised if Wynn shares time with Newhouse, at least at the start.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised/ To me, it would mean that he still isn't at 100% physically.

Which would say a lot about the confidence pats have in newhouse if they are willing to bring an injured wynn just to split time

The guy has to stay on the field the rest of the way. Can’t afford another injury.

I had the good fortune to meet Pat Pass (what a great name for a Pats player btw) a few times at a golf tourney. He's a fine young man. The thing I noticed was his build. He looked like part man and part bowling ball. It couldn't have been easy for a DB to take him down.

Did he drop his driver mid-swing?

Yup, no injuries in the next 8 weeks, so that all are healthy going into the SB.

I guess that we can dream.

The guy has to stay on the field the rest of the way. Can’t afford another injury.

I wouldn't be surprised. To me, it would mean that he still isn't at 100% physically.

To me, it would mean that the team is re-integrating a player who's played fewer than 100 snaps in 2 years and isn't used to playing football for a full game as a result of it. Being in shape is not the same as being in game shape.

Football is a game of survival. At the end of the season, health is as important as playing well.

nine full and healthy games out of Wynn would be huge. But cannon, mason and thuney have to get healthier as well.

OMG
rofl.gif

We need to find the video of Scarnecchia talking about his tackles today. Here's part of his answer regarding Newhouse:

"Came off the streets and started. What do you want me to do?"

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye