PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week One MNF Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ray could slow down, sure, but he's still a great player and he makes a huge difference every game. And I wasn't pointing you out specifically either. But I do see random posts about Ray being washed up whenever his name comes up on these boards from posters.

Regarding Reed, yeah he has been injured, but when he is on the field, just like Ray, he makes a difference.

I still don't know if Ray will be the same difference maker come November and the same for Reed. Lewis is 37. I know he is a freak of nature, but even freaks of nature do hit the age wall at some point. I don't know if he will play at the same intense level for an entire year at his age. Maybe if the was a lineman who doesn't have to run around, but as a LB he may be a stud while he is still fresh into the season. Will he stand up to the pounding especially since he retooled his body to shed about 20lbs.

Berman is going to be brutal having to listen to him all game.

Everyone tore up our defense. The fact people keep saying he outplayed Brady in that game is so ridiculous to me. Brady's degree of difficulty >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Flacco's.

The Pats defense only gave up two 300+ yards passing performances after October last season.

Ravens gave up one.

Last edited:
In the AFC it may be week one,but unless something bad happens to one of the following teams like injury to a big key player or two,I don't see how these teams are not all but almost guaranteed to be in the divisional round at worst.....

New England
Houston
Baltimore
AFC West champ

It is way too premature to be anointing winners to the divisions. You are putting too much stock into one week of play.

It is way too premature to be anointing winners to the divisions. You are putting too much stock into one week of play.

nah...not football fans...really????

The Pats defense only gave up two 300+ yards passing performances after October last season.

Ravens gave up one.

Yards shmards, the Ravens were one of, if not the best defense last year. The Patriots were the 2nd worst in history lol.

I still don't know if Ray will be the same difference maker come November and the same for Reed. Lewis is 37. I know he is a freak of nature, but even freaks of nature do hit the age wall at some point. I don't know if he will play at the same intense level for an entire year at his age. Maybe if the was a lineman who doesn't have to run around, but as a LB he may be a stud while he is still fresh into the season. Will he stand up to the pounding especially since he retooled his body to shed about 20lbs.

You can speculate all you want, but here is what Lewis did tonight: 10 tackles, 1 sack, 1 forced fumble.

ron-burgundy-san-diego.jpg

Yards shmards, the Ravens were one of, if not the best defense last year. The Patriots were the 2nd worst in history lol.

Yards conceded is how team defensive pass rankings are determined. :confused: How can you dismiss that?

Also keep in mind that the Pats offense scored a lot of points and turned games into shootouts.

Last edited:
You can speculate all you want, but here is what Lewis did tonight: 10 tackles, 1 sack, 1 forced fumble.

And Alex Smith and Mark Sanchez each have a QB rating over 123. Kevin Olgetree is fifth in receiving yards and first in receiving TDs in the league. Stevan Ridley is third in rushing yards. Paris Lenon got nine tackles and two sacks yesterday (the same Paris Lenon the Pats cut because he sucked). It is one week.

Lewis had a great night tonight, but talk to me in October or November. I will gladly admit I am wrong if he is still having games like this. Well, not gladly since he is on a team that the Pats will be competing for the AFC for.

Last edited:
And Alex Smith and Mark Sanchez each have a QB rating over 123. It is one week.

Lewis had a great night tonight, but talk to me in October or November. I will gladly admit I am wrong if he is still having games like this. Well, not gladly since he is on a team that the Pats will be competing for the AFC for.

You're comparing Sanchez and Smith to Lewis?:confused:

Lewis has a history of these type of performances. Sanchez and Smith don't. You are way off here.

You're comparing Sanchez and Smith to Lewis?:confused:

Lewis has a history of these type of performances. Sanchez and Smith don't. You are way off here.

How about Paris Lenon? He was a bigger stud yesterday than Lewis was tonight. Lemon had one less tackle and one more sack.

My point is one game, especially the first game of the season. You can't judge how any player is going to do this year based on one game whether they are a proven player like Lewis or mediocre players like Smith or Sanchez. Or god-awful ones like Paris Lenon.

Last edited:
Yards conceded is how team defensive pass rankings are determined. :confused: How can you dismiss that?

Also keep in mind that the Pats offense scored a lot of points and turned games into shootouts.

I can dismiss it because I have eyes and it's clear that the Ravens defense was the best and the Patriots defense was the worst.

How about Paris Lenon? He was a bigger stud yesterday than Lewis was tonight. Lemon had one less tackle and one more sack.

My point is one game, especially the first game of the season. You can't judge how any player is going to do this year based on one game whether they are a proven player like Lewis or mediocre players like Smith or Sanchez. Or god-awful ones like Paris Lenon.

How about Tom Brady? He had a pretty good game. Can we speculate that he's gonna have a good year?

Last edited:
I picked SD +1...go chargers..ugh

i just forgot there is a game every Thursday now...love football season

How about Tom Brady?

If he was a 37 year old LB, I would say the odds are worse that he is going to have a good year than as a 34 year old QB. But we don't know for sure that the o-line will hold up like it did yesterday. He could struggle, but the odds are very, very low. I think Brady will have a down year from last year though. Yet, yesterday didn't prove it.

Again, if Lewis wasn't 37 and dropped 20 something lbs from his normal playing weight, I would say his odds of doing this all season was great. But since both those things are true, I am not buying yet he can do this all season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe