PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week One MNF Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dalton has the deer in the headlights thing going.

Dalton locks in on his receiver and if his main guy is covered, can't make the progression to alternates

Tyrod Taylor looks just like a QB, only smaller.

Based on the games so far the SB contenders are Patriots, 49ers, Jets, Redskins, Cowboys, Bears, Lions, Cards, Broncos, Ravens, Texans and whomever wins Raiders/Chargers....

SB contender imo are 49ers, pats, texans, ravens and green bay.

Ravens looking good isn't really that surprising. They came into our house and played well enough to win. Flacco tore up our pass defense and he's doing the same thing versus this Bengals team.

Their defense is always good. Lewis and Reed are still great players. I know a lot of posters here seem to think Ray is washed up, but the guy can still play.

Should be a great game in two weeks.

I wish Belichick would sub brady a bit more in games like this one.

Gonna be a heck of a battle in 2 weeks. AFCCG preview, only in NE instead of Balt?

Ravens looking good isn't really that surprising. They came into our house and played well enough to win. Flacco tore up our pass defense and he's doing the same thing versus this Bengals team.

Their defense is always good. Lewis and Reed are still great players. I know a lot of posters here seem to think Ray is washed up, but the guy can still play.

I never said Ray was washed up. I think he could be slowing down a bit as the season goes along.

Ed Reed is showing he may not be able stay on the field anymore though. He has missed 10 games in the last three years (although played all 16 last year) and had to go to the locker room already tonight.

I don't think the Ravens' defense will fall apart. I think, barring the results of tonight, that they will be less than elite this year. I don't think the Bungles are a good test to prove or disprove that theory though.

I also don't know if what we are seeing out of Flacco will last either. Cam Cameron is throwing a lot of new things out there and the Bengals aren't adjusting. And I don't know if the Bengals defense will be that good this year either.

it is the first week. We are all drawing too many conclusions based on one game. Things radically change over the first month.

Last edited:

Everyone tore up our defense. The fact people keep saying he outplayed Brady in that game is so ridiculous to me. Brady's degree of difficulty >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Flacco's.

The Bengals look more the Bungles!

Ravens schedule is pretty tough

Anyone have premonitions of the new kicker for the Ravens crapping his pants in the AFCCG versus the pats?

He looks like that kind of squid...

Everyone tore up our defense. The fact people keep saying he outplayed Brady in that game is so ridiculous to me. Brady's degree of difficulty >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Flacco's.

Exactly..that is so funny. Its like Aaron Rodgers vs. Alex Smith thing yesterday. I said Brady made 1 dumb mistake. The other INT wasn't too bad...The guy freaking did a QB into the endzone for the game winning score against a top 10 D. Flacco was playing against Special teamers and Practice Squad players..Like seriously...He had like 2 good drives the entire game. Like people forgot the Pats fumbling away the ball. The week before against Houston he was average....

You guys still watching? House hunters is on.

In the AFC it may be week one,but unless something bad happens to one of the following teams like injury to a big key player or two,I don't see how these teams are not all but almost guaranteed to be in the divisional round at worst.....

New England
Houston
Baltimore
AFC West champ

I never said Ray was washed up. I think he could be slowing down a bit as the season goes along.

Ed Reed is showing he may not be able stay on the field anymore though. He has missed 10 games in the last three years (although played all 16 last year) and had to go to the locker room already tonight.

I don't think the Ravens' defense will fall apart. I think, barring the results of tonight, that they will be less than elite this year. I don't think the Bungles are a good test to prove or disprove that theory though.

Ray could slow down, sure, but he's still a great player and he makes a huge difference every game. And I wasn't pointing you out specifically either. But I do see random posts about Ray being washed up whenever his name comes up on these boards from posters.

Regarding Reed, yeah he has been injured, but when he is on the field, just like Ray, he makes a difference.

Well if it isnt out friend Ihedigbo.

In the AFC it may be week one,but unless something bad happens to one of the following teams like injury to a big key player or two,I don't see how these teams are not all but almost guaranteed to be in the divisional round at worst.....

New England
Houston
Baltimore
AFC West champ

I actually think the AFC match up better with the NFC this year. 16 more weeks to go.......

New England
Houston
Baltimore
AFC West champ

I think the west will go to Denver

The Raiders will be the ultimate test for test refs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST