PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 9: We Are On To The Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not getting on the Lawrence bandwagon, but if we lose on MNF....I'll get on it.

I want to see improvement from the entire team....LFG!!!

It’s incredibly unlikely that we get Lawrence, I wish people weren’t so fixated.
why? just lose out and you'll get into top3 picks or to make it more simple - just play Cam "can't throw" Newton as your starting QB and you'll end up in the top3 next draft

why? just lose out and you'll get into top3 picks or to make it more simple - just play Cam "can't throw" Newton as your starting QB and you'll end up in the top3 next draft
First of all, “just lose out” is incredibly unlikely. We have won 28% of our games so far (33% with cam), and we have some of our easiest games remaining.

Second, there are TEN teams renter into today with 2 or less wins. Plenty of them with 0 or 1. It is simply unlikely to get the “top” spot when there are ten teams in the mix for it. If we were all starting with 0 wins and teams were equal, you’d say 10%. But we have a better team than some of the teams at the bottom and we have more wins to start with.

Third, the #3 pick in the draft probably doesn’t get you Lawrence. So again, it becomes more unlikely.

i know some people here love soaking in patriots failures, but i don’t think people are being realistic about Lawrence. They just say “we suck, let’s get Lawrence” because we’re way worse than most years, ignoring that plenty of other teams suck big time

Last edited:
If that happens Bill won’t be around to reap the rewards.
don't think so, no way in hell Kraft is kicking BB after all this years and with that 2020 year (GOAT gone, half the squad opted out, no QB, a hell of injuries from the begining, Covid issues, no training camp with a new QB signed days before season start)

actually its the best year to suck and get a franchise QB for the next decade (via Draft)

don't think so, no way in hell Kraft is kicking BB after all this years and with that 2020 year (GOAT gone, half the squad opted out, no QB, a hell of injuries from the begining, Covid issues, no training camp with a new QB signed days before season start)

actually its the best year to suck and get a franchise QB for the next decade (via Draft)
And even with all that this roster has no business losing 14 games. 6-10 is one thing and can be written off, 2-14 meaning 13 losses in a row is a different story. Any bad coach can do that and for them it’s fireable. So never say never imo.

At the very least 2-14 ought to bring Bill right back to the pack in the conversation about greatest coach of all time. In my view unless Bill wins another SB 2-14 is disqualifying. None of Bill’s peers in this conversation had a season like that. And there will be questions and rightfully so about how good Bill really is as a HC without Brady.

This will be a meaningless game considering the green beans are in full tank mode. I hope they get their hearts ripped out in the end. They’re an embarrassment.

If the offense doesn’t get going early, the Pats will be in trouble. With all of the injuries on defense, if the Jets are in the game at halftime, we could lose. The way the Pat’s offense has played in the first half of the last few games seems like a bad trend.

If that happens Bill won’t be around to reap the rewards.

Lol you people. Why would Bill not be around? Did you not hear Matt Light? Jesus people get a grip. Whats Kraft gonna lose out on? Playoff gate? Oh wait thats right, no fans anyways.

Unreal.

Tank, tank tank. Thats the word of the day.

Tank for Trevor! We need Jacksonville to beat someone in their division and for us to lose out!

a little pain this year and 15 years of glory to follow! Lawrence is as real as it gets!

With the performance Brady and the bucs had, we can pretty much guarantee a pats blow out and Cam throwing 4 TD ! ;)

Tank for Trevor! We need Jacksonville to beat someone in their division and for us to lose out!

a little pain this year and 15 years of glory to follow! Lawrence is as real as it gets!
Lawrence beat 3 ranked teams in the post season [one being Alabama] and lost to an LSU team that had 14 players taken rounds 1 - 3 in the NFL DRAFT.

With the performance Brady and the bucs had, we can pretty much guarantee a pats blow out and Cam throwing 4 TD ! ;)
Good part of last nights Brady crapping the bed, it wil end the likely narrative tonight of what would have been, " Brady is having a great year, it was him not Belichick in New England's run of success."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down