PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 9: We Are On To The Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the spot: Patriots HC Bill Belichick. One of the more pathetic excuses made by any team this year was Belichick's limp claim that the Patriots' successful pursuit of Super Bowls made them vulnerable this year. Hey Bill, you signed a former MVP to play quarterback, and you're supposed to be a strategic genius. Try a look in the mirror on for size

I like how this idiot ignores Newton has been playing terribly and acts like 3 games didn't end in the redzone because of him

-Took a bad angle vs Seattle
-Had open guys vs Denver
-Fumbled it in the redzone

That's the difference between a 2-5 team and a 5-2 team.

But ya I get it people are gonna keep pounding the "he has a former mvp as QB", even though that was 5 years ago.

Guess Bill is 100% responsible for all his turnovers which has killed the team in games

I’m surprised this many people talk about Lawrence, a top pick, etc.
I think we have to realize how many actually bad teams there are this year and that we’re a ways off from them, even if we have some big holes in our roster. We’re a few plays away from a much better record, and we’ve had some tough injury/covid luck. It’s just not realistic to think we’ll get Lawrence.
Some sports radio guys pick the Jets tomorrow.

The Pats defense is not as good as you think it is.

I like how this idiot ignores Newton has been playing terribly and acts like 3 games didn't end in the redzone because of him

-Had open guys vs Denver

But ya I get it people are gonna keep pounding the "he has a former mvp as QB", even though that was 5 years ago.

Guess Bill is 100% responsible for all his turnovers which has killed the team in games
Cam was carrying the ball like a calzone vs Bufalo when he lost the game.

But the Pats are now a running offense in a passing league. 1 dimensional teams are 2 - 5..

FWIW (not much at all), here is Joseph Vincent Flacco's history versus the Patriots:

1-4 in the regular season, with three good performances (over 70% completion rate each game, a combined 7 TD to 2 INT, and an average of 330 yards passing) - and two subpar games (both below 58% completions, with 2 TD, 3 INT and 6 sacks).

Jump Ball Joe is also 2-2 in the playoffs versus the Pats, with one of those victories coming in the infamous 2009 wild card game when Ray Rice ran over the Pats to take a 24-0 first quarter lead, and Falco went 4-10 for 34 yards, 0 TD and 1 INT.

Since 2018 Flacco is 6-13, with 19 TD, 12 INT and 47 sacks. This year with the Jets he has completed 51.9% of his passes and has a passer rating of 65.2; his net yards per dropback is 4.07.

Some sports radio guys pick the Jets tomorrow.

The Pats defense is not as good as you think it is.
Eh we’re -9.5 in an away game. I place more value in that than in sports radio guys who need to dump on the pats right now for ratings.
The pats defense doesn’t have to be elite for the team to be better than the jets, Jaguars, etc.

I’ve seen worse on MNF
Let’s review factors :
2-5 NE vs winless NYJ
For me, a 9:20pm start time
On a Monday

While I’ll watch, this would easily be the least motivated I’ve been to watch a Patriots game in two decades.

Way to late for me so it will a recording for Tuesday am , hope it does not put me off my breakfast

-Had open guys vs Denver

If you're talking about the final play, it had no chance of success; Seattle knew what was coming, and then blew up the blocking ass-ignments...

Eh we’re -9.5 in an away game. I place more value in that than in sports radio guys who need to dump on the pats right now for ratings.
The pats defense doesn’t have to be elite for the team to be better than the jets, Jaguars, etc.
Ya, Vegas is never wrong. I watched the NYJ vs KC game last week. The Jets played hard and the scoreboard did not reflect that at all.

Mahomes threw 5 TDs last Sunday. Cam has 2 passing TDs in 6 games.

Did he have a great camp is the question.
Now is the time to test players on the field when possible...now could be his moment
Why not ? Nothing to loose at 2-5 and to thin at position

02- 9/16 games
03- 0/16 games

Loved seeing the worst run defense in football turn into arguably the best in one offseason. Hopefully 2021 tells a similar story.

Jump Ball Joe. I have set the o/u on Patriots DPI's at 3.5

Gilmour gets 2 in his epic defense of his DPOY award.

Am I the only one who doesn't really care about this game, and is viewing the remaining games as extended preseason for 2021?

Like to see of any of the young guys are worth keeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes