PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 9: We Are On To The Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jets will fumble taking a knee to end the game and lose when the Pats return it for the winning score.

One would think an opposing defense could savage an offense operating with zero TEs, three JAG WRs, and an inaccurate QB who hangs on to the ball too long
Cam might have to run 15-20 times on Monday.
In reality, this is NE's last stand.

Note: My psychic recently channeled a message from General George Armstrong Custer: Tell the troops they will be executed if they surrender / bet the Pats to win

Poetic justice with the help from karma. Lawrence telling the Jets and the NFL he’s staying put for his senior year. Better yet, with a napkin.

Darnold not practicing today, and doubtful for Monday.

Thank God! For a minute there I thought those idiots were actually going to try and mess up the #1 pick.

Thank God! For a minute there I thought those idiots were actually going to try and mess up the #1 pick.
Jump Ball Joe might actually have a better chance of beating us than Sham, Darnit would anyway.

EDIT - It's official: Joey Flaccid is indeed the starter vs Pats...2-6 baby!

Last edited:

Believe me if you get the 1st overall pick Lawrence will stay at Clemson....no one wants to be a part of that rat-infested organization

Last edited:
Jump Ball Joe might actually have a better chance of beating us than Sham, Darnit would anyway.

EDIT - It's official: Joey Flaccid is indeed the starter vs Pats...2-6 baby!
Yup. We beat Darnold. Lose to Jump Ball Joe. Absolutely.

Believe me if you get the 1st overall pick Lawrence will stay at Clemson....no one wants to be a part of that rat-infested organization

I'm not even sure I'd want the dude. I don't know who he is. Just that he's a once in a generation guy. But oddly those seem to come every year.

That trade value would be nuts though. Could be something like 3 1sts and 3 2nds.

Add that to the 2 1st rounders we got for Jamal, and that'd be some insane draft capital.

Jesus.... when it rains it's a freaking tsunami. Never seen anything like it for us.
About injuries? I don’t feel like this year has been THAT bad. We don’t have a bunch of season-endings injuries like a lot of years (knock on wood).
Like this is nothing remotely close to 2015. Or 13.

I'm not even sure I'd want the dude. I don't know who he is. Just that he's a once in a generation guy. But oddly those seem to come every year.

That trade value would be nuts though. Could be something like 3 1sts and 3 2nds.

Add that to the 2 1st rounders we got for Jamal, and that'd be some insane draft capital.

Yep, and you boys will screw it up...

Wheres Sony and Harry when you need to lose and go 2 - 14 for a chance at Lawrence.

Thanks a lot.

I’m surprised this many people talk about Lawrence, a top pick, etc.
I think we have to realize how many actually bad teams there are this year and that we’re a ways off from them, even if we have some big holes in our roster. We’re a few plays away from a much better record, and we’ve had some tough injury/covid luck. It’s just not realistic to think we’ll get Lawrence.

Over the last two weeks, the Jets have flashed potential in the first halves of their losses to the Chiefs and Bills. Granted, they weren't going to beat Kansas City, but the offense moved the ball and nearly had four field goals if not for the last one being blocked entering halftime. The problems came in the second half, where they've been shut out for three straight weeks.
The Patriots are not playing good football right now, while the Jets haven't played good football for like 90 percent of the season. Someone has to win this game, and it'll probably be New England. I just don't have any faith in Adam Gase, who continues to run Frank Gore out there when there are younger options behind him who need a look. The Pats win and all is right in Foxboro for one week.

Two months, eight losses and zero wins later, you have to wonder where Douglas’ anger lies now with the team he saw go 7-9 a year ago now spiraling at 0-8 after he spent his first full offseason with the club reconstructing the roster.
And now, in a twist that fits perfectly with the mayhem that 2020 has delivered to date, the Jets’ next opponent, the reeling 2-5 Patriots, represent perhaps their best chance at winning a game, their best chance to avoid going 0-16.
This raises a Tuesday question for Douglas, who has recently sold off two defensive starters for future draft picks (defensive tackle Steve McLendon and linebacker Avery Williamson): Does he even want to win next Monday night’s game against the Patriots … or any game the rest of this season for that matter?

Ja'Whaun Bentley​

It's been a tough go so far for the third-year linebacker, to say the least. A few of my pieces over the course of the season have discussed how Bentley's poor play has been something that opposing offensive coordinators have been recognizing and therefore attacking. Expect the Jets to do the same this week, specifically in the run game.
While Frank Gore may seemingly pose no threat to some fans, he continues to pound the pigskin down the field, running behind his 6-foot-7, 364-pound rookie refrigerator, tackle Mekhi Becton. The goal for Adam Gase and his offense this week is going to be attacking the Patriots' weak run defense that seemingly cannot seal the edge. These Jets run a ton to the outside, with Becton bowling down the field to take on blockers. That’s something that certainly doesn't bode well for Bentley.

What you need to know: Yeah, this game probably looked more appealing to ESPN before the season started, when it was reasonable to believe that Cam Newton would be thriving with New England, and the Jets and Sam Darnold would be on the rise. Alas, this is what we get instead. Bill Belichick is making excuses for his team, while claiming that he isn't, and his team has lost four in a row. The Jets are a continuing atrocity, and at this point, it almost seems like Adam Gase is being kept on the job specifically to keep the team as bad as possible, and ensure they win the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes. This would normally be a heated rivalry game, but at this point it's more sad than anything, and viewing is recommended only for schadenfreude enthusiasts and degenerates.
On the spot: Patriots HC Bill Belichick. One of the more pathetic excuses made by any team this year was Belichick's limp claim that the Patriots' successful pursuit of Super Bowls made them vulnerable this year. Hey Bill, you signed a former MVP to play quarterback, and you're supposed to be a strategic genius. Try a look in the mirror on for size.
Jets HC Adam Gase: At this point, the main fun derived from watching the Jets is seeing whether or not Gase will completely lose his mind on the sideline. There's always a chance!

A win vs the 0-8 Jets, the ****ing Jets, no matter how good the Pats look, is meaningless to me. They were "playing for their season" last week and we all know how that ended. At 2-5, it would take a series of miracles just to limp into the playoffs (and that's assuming more wild card teams are added). Hope they lose this and as many games as possible moving forward to accelerate the rebuild. Gonna be rough here for a while, how long, we will see.

A win vs the 0-8 Jets, the ****ing Jets, no matter how good the Pats look, is meaningless to me. They were "playing for their season" last week and we all know how that ended. At 2-5, it would take a series of miracles just to limp into the playoffs (and that's assuming more wild card teams are added). Hope they lose this and as many games as possible moving forward to accelerate the rebuild. Gonna be rough here for a while, how long, we will see.

I've accepted the Pats are better at winning than the Jets.

They better not be better at losing too!

With both teams trying to lose, I think the Jets are favored. We have a long history of top notch losing.

"top notch losing"...oh look, an oxymoron from a genuine green moron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back