PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Pregame Thread Week 8 pregame: Pats @ Miami

Pregame Discussion ahead of the LIVE game day discussion thread. The actual Game Thread will Open an hour ahead of kickoff.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we're on the same page, @Ross12. I'm saying Onwenu deserves props for NOT *****ing about his position changes.
Oh I think we are - I guess the question I'm asking is why he would ***** in the first place. Bill alluded to the fact that he had a conversation about it with Onwenu about it last week and that he was really thankful Onwenu was professional about it. My question is why it would have caused any consternation at all. From my POV I would have thought Onwenu would be thinking "you want to move me to RT to fix our glaring RT issue right before I am about to hit free agency? Sounds amazing to me, that **** will crank my value up big time on the open market"

I suppose maybe he could have had concerns about if things didn't go well, maybe it would hurt his value going into free agency... but obviously that didn't happen. I guess we have the benefit of hindsight here.

Squish the fish in Miami and the 2023 season is back on. A lighter stretch of the schedule starts after next week.

Pats ended a non weather aided losing streak against Buffalo with their first legit win against them since Brady left so why not do the same against Tua.

Hope Jonathan Jones is close to 100%, he's been Tyreek Hill's daddy lately. Waddle's injury is worth watching.
If we can beat both Bills and Dolphins then I will humor a season turn around. 2-5 is a big hole and 3-5 is too. A loss and this season is over

As someone who's had a bothersome meniscus for decades, if Ramsey plays, whoever is lining up against him should be cutting all day like Scissorhands. Ramsey's not gonna have problems covering 7-9 on the route tree.

Miami season meltdowns are real and one of those intangible things that just exists for some reason that you can’t quantify. Hopefully it starts this week.

Silver pants or we riot.
Silver pants was also the horrendous Mac comes back last year against CHI game and gets Zapped out of the stadium game... but since it's got great mojo this year (n=1), they should stick with them.

Geez... as a sprinter/runner, I posted about possibly consistently using this same concept years ago on this forum. If one looks at 10m splits for a 60/100m race, it's obvious getting a running start is crucial. With that track team they have over at Miami, it makes a lot of sense.

What I would LOVE to see is a WR lining up right up close to the sideline (which I found is legal) motioning in a sprint to the middle of the field and running a slant / pseudo curl off of that to the MoF. That would get me to look like that Antonio Banderas gif.

Geez... as a sprinter/runner, I posted about possibly consistently using this same concept years ago on this forum. If one looks at 10m splits for a 60/100m race, it's obvious getting a running start is crucial. With that track team they have over at Miami, it makes a lot of sense.

What I would LOVE to see is a WR lining up right up close to the sideline (which I found is legal) motioning in a sprint to the middle of the field and running a slant / pseudo curl off of that to the MoF. That would get me to look like that Antonio Banderas gif.
well... if thornton has the speed, and the ability to understand and implement the pre-snap cheat motion, the benefit is two fold... man coverage unmasked and like with the wife/kid beater, gets them to full speed sooner... we need to be practicing this...

well... if thornton has the speed, and the ability to understand and implement the pre-snap cheat motion, the benefit is two fold... man coverage unmasked and like with the wife/kid beater, gets them to full speed sooner... we need to be practicing this...
Funny random thing - in the Bills game, when Thornton was in motion before he ended up getting the (awkward) jet sweep, I was like "Don't give it to him!!! They're in zone you fools!!! He's gonna get nothing!!" Yup.

Edit: that being said his jet sweep TD against CLE was against zone, so maybe I'm just talking out of my milk carton.

if juju comes back I hope Bill doesnt plan to give him more snaps in place of bourne/douglas/reagor/thornton.

the difference between douglas screens and juju for -2 yards is astounding

Lots of information if you click the link:

Game Preview: Patriots at Dolphins

2023 REGULAR SEASONNEW ENGLANDMIAMI
Record2-55-2
Divisional Standings4th1st
Total Yards Gained2,0603,236
Total Offense (Rank)294.3 (25)462.3 (1)
Rush Offense85.4 (27)162.3 (1)
Pass Offense208.9 (21)300.0 (1)
Points Per Game14.2 (31)34.3 (1)
Total Touchdowns Scored1132
Total Yards Allowed2,1792,417
Total Defense (Rank)311.3 (9)345.3 (21)
Rush Defense100.7 (13)112.3 (19)
Pass Defense210.6 (12)233.3 (21)
Points Allowed/Game25.3 (24)26.7 (27)
Possession Avg.27:2228:10
Sacks Allowed/Yards Lost15/9710/59
Sacks Made/Yards13/9524/163
Penalties Against/Yards47/35645/375
Punts/Avg.35/44.717/45.1
Takeaway/Giveaway Ratio-7 (30t)-3 (23t)

Do we need to start torturing ourselves this early? Why not just start the thread on Saturday?

*Last week was first time I commented in a pre-game thread and made similar comment*

I like looking at these.

Playoff odds are at 10% right now. If they beat Miami it's 15%. If they lose it's 6%.

Surprised a win only gets us up to 15%. A win puts us 2 games back of the Dolphins nullifies their tiebreaker over us for now and guarantees a non losing record against the division which will matter with division tiebreakers.

Also apparently there is a tiny path to win the AFC East at 6-11. Lol

You're going to give @Ross12 a boner. Lol
Everybody's laughin' at my post, but says here that a 9-8 record would give them around a 9% chance of winning the AFC East... SO THERE! (a 9-8 record also gives them an overall 39% chance of making the playoffs from any seeding placement, which is the more important piece)

I'll have to dig into what bizarro world scenario has to occur for the Patriots to finish 6-11 and end up as the 3 seed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back