PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Pregame Thread Week 8 pregame: Pats @ Miami

Pregame Discussion ahead of the LIVE game day discussion thread. The actual Game Thread will Open an hour ahead of kickoff.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice job Ross have to admit the Phins have some powder puffs @ home. They have the easiest Route to win the Division.
And KC has the easiest route to the #1 seed in the AFC and Mahomes will still be waiting for his first playoff game away from home.

Is Marcus coming back this game ?

No, sorry for the confusion. I was more trying to compare what they had at CB when they held Miami to 24 points, vs what they will have now. They had Marcus for part of the game last time, but for most of the game it was Gonzalez, Bryant, and Wade I think. They'll miss Gonzo, but I think they're in better overall shape at CB this time. Worse shape up front though, and playing in Miami is always a major factor.

What's this about T. Brown having a concussion now? Is that this week?
If we don't have him, that greatly reduces our chance for another upset. I want Lowe nowhere near this OL ever again.
He makes Wynn look like an all-pro. Maybe Anderson is in better condition now, and should get a shot at LT if Brown is out.
Other than that, don't mess with the OL! Really proud of Strange coming back strong, and Sow for finding a spot at RG, and Onwenu for his great attitude going back to RT.

If we don't have him, that greatly reduces our chance for another upset. I want Lowe nowhere near this OL ever again.
He makes Wynn look like an all-pro. Maybe Anderson is in better condition now, and should get a shot at LT if Brown is out.
Other than that, don't mess with the OL! Really proud of Strange coming back strong, and Sow for finding a spot at RG, and Onwenu for his great attitude going back to RT.
Worth calling out again considering its contrast to all the moping and sulking about position changes we've seen recently. Kudos to Onwenu.

Worth calling out again considering its contrast to all the moping and sulking about position changes we've seen recently. Kudos to Onwenu.
I am not 100% sure what his reason is for not wanting to play RT though. It pays better than guard anyway, think it'd be better for his upcoming free agency. Maybe harder on his injury recovery?

I am not 100% sure what his reason is for not wanting to play RT though. It pays better than guard anyway, think it'd be better for his upcoming free agency. Maybe harder on his injury recovery?
I don't think we're on the same page, @Ross12. I'm saying Onwenu deserves props for NOT *****ing about his position changes.

I don't think its him I think that's on the Coaching thinking that turnstile V Lowe is a player. :rolleyes:

Danny Devito Smh GIF

I think its says Trent Brown knee and not concussion.

Jets remaining schedule:

at Giants, 2-5
Chargers (MNF home), 2-4
at Raiders, 3-4
at Bills, 4-3
Dolphins (home), 5-2
Falcons (home), 4-3
Texans (home), 3-3
at Dolphins, 5-2
Commanders (home), 3-4
at Browns TNF, 4-2
at Patriots 2-5

Trip to Vegas, rest in the east. Three home games in a row. Giants like home game. They do have 4 Div. games. Mini-bye before last game against us.

The Falcons currently lead the NFC South (yeah, not a high bar there), the Texans have been surprisingly better than expected, the Browns are 4-2, the Commanders have been better than expected. I don't think the Jets have a tough schedule the rest of the way, but it may be harder than you give it credit for.

Brown had a concussion after the Eagles game. He is fine now.

Last edited:
Brown had a concussion after the first Dolphins game. He is fine now.
Knowing how watered down the League is @ Tackle I would extend Trent Brown and let him finish his career here It begins upfront. Mac is a kind of QB like Bledsoe who needs things a little perfect Upfront we have to give him that protection.

2 games in a row of Mac being solid would go a long way in his team believing in him.

They've all said the right things, but there was a noticeable lack of care in the Dallas and NO game when the offense completely **** the bed early in the game.

While struggling against top-tier teams, the Dolphins have pummeled inferior opponents.
Beating the Pats 24-17 and the Chargers by 2 points is pummelling?

Beating the Pats 24-17 and the Chargers by 2 points is pummelling?

Plus, they were pummeled by the Bills.

Pats ended a non weather aided losing streak against Buffalo with their first legit win against them since Brady left so why not do the same against Tua.
This is total BS. Both teams played the game of football on the field against each other in the same conditions. the Patriots had a better gameplan and won. Why would it not be a legit win? If the Patriots had lost would it have been a legit win for Buffalo? If you are willing to make excuses for other teams, you better be willing to make them for the Pats. But I say fcuk excuses, play the game with the players available and the conditions that are happening...and just win the damn game!
BTW, that was one of my favorite wins in a long time. The desire of the OL and the discipline of the coaching staff (and Mac) to stick with the game plan. A brilliant BB moment. Love it.

Let's not get carried away Hurts is different Beast who can also Hurt you with his feet no pun intended.
You capitalized "Hurt", that pun was completely intended.

I don't think its him I think that's on the Coaching thinking that turnstile V Lowe is a player. :rolleyes:
Clearly bringing in V Lowe and having him play big minutes right away is desperate move. The concentration of injuries on the OL forced the team to play developmental depth players before they were ready out of necessity. It is a tough place for the players, coaches and makes BB the GM look bad. Hopefully the worst is behind us and the depth players can develop in practice not on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back