PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Pregame Thread Week 8 pregame: Pats @ Miami

Pregame Discussion ahead of the LIVE game day discussion thread. The actual Game Thread will Open an hour ahead of kickoff.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can beat both Bills and Dolphins then I will humor a season turn around. 2-5 is a big hole and 3-5 is too. A loss and this season is over
A loss and the season is NOT over. After this game our next few opponents are Washington at home, Indy in Germany, then our bye week, then @ Giants, and then the Chargers at home. We will be favored in all of those games and if we win them then we're 6-6. The last 5 games are more difficult but 10-7 would still be in reach.

On the other hand, if we beat Miami, then I think we'll make the playoffs.

I like looking at these.

Playoff odds are at 10% right now. If they beat Miami it's 15%. If they lose it's 6%.

I think i read somewhere that it was 1% after the loss in vegas

A loss and the season is NOT over. After this game our next few opponents are Washington at home, Indy in Germany, then our bye week, then @ Giants, and then the Chargers at home. We will be favored in all of those games and if we win them then we're 6-6. The last 5 games are more difficult but 10-7 would still be in reach.

Beat the Commanders at home, the Colts in Germany, the Giants in NY (but coming off of a bye week), the Chargers at home, the Steelers in Pittsburgh (Thursday night game - short week), the Broncos in Denver, and the Jets at home. You finish 9-8 and you have a decent shot at a wild card spot if a couple other things break your way. If you can steal a win against one of the Dolphins (away), Bills (away) or Chiefs (at home) along the way as well then you are even better off.

After moving south my buddy would often fly down from Boston and we’d drive across Alligator Alley after getting fairly cheap tickets. We checked for this weekend and the cheapest tickets were around $170 per for nosebleeds and well over that for the seats we used to get. Oh well, the price of success for sure. Dolphins (& Bucs) are our “home” teams so we’ll watch on the widescreen and celebrate or drown our sorrows on the lanai about 4:30 - hoping for the former!

Someone block Van Ginkel

Everybody's laughin' at my post, but says here that a 9-8 record would give them around a 9% chance of winning the AFC East... SO THERE! (a 9-8 record also gives them an overall 39% chance of making the playoffs from any seeding placement, which is the more important piece)

I'll have to dig into what bizarro world scenario has to occur for the Patriots to finish 6-11 and end up as the 3 seed.
Please do because it's far more likely 6-11 than 9-8. I think 7-10 is a strong possibility.

You think they're going 8-2 the rest of the way? Care to wager on that?

Please do because it's far more likely 6-11 than 9-8. I think 7-10 is a strong possibility.

Preseason I predicted 8. Then I changed it to 5 after the vegas game. If we win sunday i will switch it back to 8. Then if we lose to Washington ill go out on a limb and say 6. By week 17 I should have a better idea, stay tuned

I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats traded him back to the Chiefs for a bag of balls and gift certs to the Far East Flower shop.
They won't take him. They already got Hardman back. There's a reason they let him walk - damaged goods.

After moving south my buddy would often fly down from Boston and we’d drive across Alligator Alley after getting fairly cheap tickets. We checked for this weekend and the cheapest tickets were around $170 per for nosebleeds and well over that for the seats we used to get. Oh well, the price of success for sure. Dolphins (& Bucs) are our “home” teams so we’ll watch on the widescreen and celebrate or drown our sorrows on the lanai about 4:30 - hoping for the former!
I checked them out too. Way too much $$ for the lower sections.

7-10 or 8-9 feels pretty do-able to me. There are a lot of teams they play at home (or a neutral site) left on the schedule that I can see them handling fine if they can play even 80% as well as they did on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots