PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Pregame Thread Week 8 pregame: Pats @ Miami

Pregame Discussion ahead of the LIVE game day discussion thread. The actual Game Thread will Open an hour ahead of kickoff.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Miami is currently decimated by injuries and ironically, Tua isn't one of them.

Long didn’t return and is probably concussed. Holland supposedly passed the concussion test and did return, but it would surprise absolutely nobody if he ends up in the concussion protocol after the fact. That was a nasty collision.

It would be nice to get Uche and White back to rush Tua. If the o-line can put on a similar performance against Miami to the one we saw yesterday then the Pats will be in this game. Pats did a good job not giving too much in the air last game but gave up some big runs on the ground.

Winning the turnover battle probably will decide the game.

High of 85deg with 16mph winds and 65% humidity in Miami Gardens. Pats better focus on heat acclimatization like they been in the last year or so (after my screaming at them about it for years). It's not as humungous of a deal as compared to Dec/Jan, but it's still a factor. Don't want them hitting that wall in the 4th.

Achane's not being there is huge.

Long didn’t return and is probably concussed. Holland supposedly passed the concussion test and did return, but it would surprise absolutely nobody if he ends up in the concussion protocol after the fact. That was a nasty collision.

Mike McDaniel claims Long passed the concussion protocols. He claims Long was on the sidelines later that night.

I question the consistency and validity of these protocols by some teams. I have seen some players be placed into the protocol and miss several games because of it. I may be wrong, but even though there are league spotters for concussions, each team's medical staff run the tests. I am betting that the Dolphins are passing people they shouldn't. They sure did that with Tua last year. But I figured after they got called out on it, they would be extra careful.

EDIT: I am wrong. Concussion protocols are done by independent consultants.

Last edited:
Miami has feasted on garbage teams so we’ll see where the Patriots actually stack up to the dregs if the nfl

It would be nice to get Uche and White back to rush Tua. If the o-line can put on a similar performance against Miami to the one we saw yesterday then the Pats will be in this game. Pats did a good job not giving too much in the air last game but gave up some big runs on the ground.

Winning the turnover battle probably will decide the game.
We definitely need these DE's back. Jennings is doing great, but pure pass rushers can help.
Our injury list had 21 players on Friday. We really need to start getting healthy.
Let's hope T. Brown is okay with his knee too.

We're lucky Achane and Ramsey are out. But I hope X. Howard, Long, Waddle stay hurt.

we have had issues winning there with brady. this will be no different sadly...they will likely melt in the heat but would like them to fight at least.

Nailed it. Another obvious failure for the game day concussion protocols.

High of 85deg with 16mph winds and 65% humidity in Miami Gardens. Pats better focus on heat acclimatization like they been in the last year or so (after my screaming at them about it for years). It's not as humungous of a deal as compared to Dec/Jan, but it's still a factor. Don't want them hitting that wall in the 4th.

Achane's not being there is huge.
65% humidity is like paradise down here.

The Pats are sandwiched between the Eagles and Chiefs, hopefully the Dolphins think this is a easy game to get back in the win column before playing the Chiefs and we take them by surprise.

Dolphins were the very early Super Bowl favorite, but now the media is backing off saying their offense won't work when the weather gets colder and they aren't a physical team. Defense also isn't good.

They remind me of the late Brees Saints teams where they went for big plays and weren't patient.

They also haven't beaten a team over .500

Miami is currently decimated by injuries and ironically, Tua isn't one of them.
You mean we have a chance??
Jim Carrey Chance GIF

We’re going to win. The Earth is healing.
We’re gonna’ be that team that isn’t good but continues to somehow make the rest of the AFC East throw up their hands in tired bewilderment over and over again.

Just need one more for that to be real now.

Nailed it. Another obvious failure for the game day concussion protocols.

How does this keep happening to Miami? Both Holland and Long were cleared from the concussion protocol last night despite both players being laid out on the ground after a helmet to helmet hit. Last year it was Tua who was cleared despite clearly concussed.

Trent Brown went into the concussion protocol despite no one seeming to even know when he was even hit in the head to cause the concussion.

It's going to be tough. In Miami is such a different animal than playing the Dolphins everywhere else. We no longer have Gonzalez, but have Jack, Jon, and JC, who all weren't here last time (and Marcus got hurt during the first game I think?), so that could go either way. Judon is a big missing piece, though given how quickly Tua was getting the ball out last time, his impact was minimized in general. It's a different test than Buffalo: More speed, more motion, it'll take probably their best defensive game of the season to hold them to 24 again. Big question is can the offense build on last week and win another 30-27 kind of game? Let's hope!
Is Marcus coming back this game ?

Point spread is 10.5
I think the Pats fall back to bottom of the pack. Phins bounce back.
Pats still don't have the skill players to compete with Miami.

Point spread is 10.5
I think the Pats fall back to bottom of the pack. Phins bounce back.
Pats still don't have the skill players to compete with Miami.

It was 13 on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back