PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 7: Other NFL Games

Seahawks with a roughing the passer penalty on an easy third down sack and then encroachment on a long field goal attempt to extend the Saints last drive. Good stuff.

Seahawks with a roughing the passer penalty on an easy third down sack and then encroachment on a long field goal attempt to extend the Saints last drive. Good stuff.
Yup..Pete The Cleaner. I despise this absolute shythead Calimoron with a passion. At home, huge crowd...DJ makes a great play for the opening TD...never heard from him again all game. Pete the friggin' cleaner..."just gotta clean some things up...". Clean this Peter Princple azzole's office out and send him back to Bumphuk Oregon with the freakin' rest of the stupid azzed west coast know-it-all know nothings

Three teams scored only 3 points during Week 7:

1. Chicago Bears led by rookie QB Justin Fields;
2. Carolina Panthers led by former #3 pick QB Sam Darnold;
3. KC Chiefs led by former MVP, SB MVP, SB Champion QB Patrick Mahomes.

WTF does this mean? I'm scared.

Do we even know if a measurement was taken after the 5-yard penalty was walked-off? Unless & until this facet of officialdom goes completely robotic, then I as a HC would DEMAND more measurements be taken if the easily mistaken/corruptible zebras are going to give away first downs as if they're Halloween candy...

And Martysaurus Rex is right about Grop.

Do we even know if a measurement was taken after the 5-yard penalty was walked-off? Unless & until this facet of officialdom goes completely robotic, then I as a HC would DEMAND more measurements be taken if the easily mistaken/corruptible zebras are going to give away first downs as if they're Halloween candy...

I don’t think it was.

It's kinda funny I just realized the Patriots have the same record as the chiefs. And a better record than the niners and seahawks

Yup..Pete The Cleaner. I despise this absolute shythead Calimoron with a passion. At home, huge crowd...DJ makes a great play for the opening TD...never heard from him again all game. Pete the friggin' cleaner..."just gotta clean some things up...". Clean this Peter Princple azzole's office out and send him back to Bumphuk Oregon with the freakin' rest of the stupid azzed west coast know-it-all know nothings
Why the Pete hate? I liked him when he was here....

Why the Pete hate? I liked him when he was here....
season ticket holder at the time...sat through the degeneration of a playoff /Super Bowl team in 3 short years...I despise the rah rah "everybody's buddy!" style when he was here.

season ticket holder at the time...sat through the degeneration of a playoff /Super Bowl team in 3 short years...I despise the rah rah "everybody's buddy!" style when he was here.

That was all Bobby Grier's fault, IMO....him and Ernie Zampese. Otherwise, Carroll had our D playing at a high level with McGinest at the Elephant position. He was still above .500 in his tenure despite the offense and Bledsoe getting worse year by year.

He just seems like a perfect coach for college football and not pro football.

I never thought about that and you are absolutely right that it might not be a first down.

We need a week 8 thread. Since some people apparently cried when I was making the threads earlier this season, someone else should start one. And this would fit in there:

The Packers placed another wide receiver on the COVID-19 reserve list on Tuesday.

Allen Lazard is the new addition to the list. He was added a day after the team placed Davante Adams on the list. Defensive coordinator Joe Barry is also away from the team due to COVID protocols.

If Lazard is vaccinated and asymptomatic, he can come off the list with two negative tests taken 24 hours apart. With a game against the Cardinals on Thursday, chances are that the Packers are going to be without both wideouts.

Packers place Allen Lazard on COVID-19 reserve list - ProFootballTalk

That was all Bobby Grier's fault, IMO....him and Ernie Zampese. Otherwise, Carroll had our D playing at a high level with McGinest at the Elephant position. He was still above .500 in his tenure despite the offense and Bledsoe getting worse year by year.
I'll give you my reason...Carroll's third season...game 11 if I remember...the Pats come out of halftime...first THREE PLAYS, not possessions...12 men on the field. Everyone, and I mean every person in Section 206, wanted to wring his goddamned neck. Post game he said, for the thousandth time "we just gotta clean some things up". You don't pull crap like that and expect paying fans to listen to you. We lost that game as the Pats tailspun. I will always despise Mr Rah rah.

I liked Carroll. I was a teenager when he was there so the rah rah worked for me. A ton of things went wrong which resulted in his demise. Grier’s horrendous drafting, poor management of Curtis Martin, Edwards career ending injury, O-line deteriorating, and Glenn/ McGinest always having nagging injuries all played a huge part. I certainly remember the complaints with Zampezee and Sidwell.

Looking back though, even if everything was working, I don’t think they get past the Broncos in 1998, Titans or Jags in 1999 and especially the 2000 Ravens. They would’ve had to have hit on some big time draft picks.

Last edited:
Zampezee was one smokin OC

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes