PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Week 4 other games

Bill already cut Zappe. Doubtful that they'll go to him now or ever again barring injury or mop up like Sunday. The team gains nothing by playing someone like that.
Even if Mac continues to drag the team down, we're probably looking at another situation like the Cam year where Bill sticks with mac rather than trying to switch to Zappe.

Even if Mac continues to drag the team down, we're probably looking at another situation like the Cam year where Bill sticks with mac rather than trying to switch to Zappe.
That's how I see it. It was the same thing... there was no point going to Stidham...Bill and Josh had already made their decision on him and there was no point playing a guy who had no future with the team.

That's how I see it. It was the same thing... there was no point going to Stidham...Bill and Josh had already made their decision on him and there was no point playing a guy who had no future with the team.
Yep. and if Mac really can't get his act together after brining in BOB this season, it's just going to build public consensus that the Pats need to turn the page next season.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
And the Kraft are going live with fans dressing like this in that nice newly renovated stadium 2-14 maybe??
Sad Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

And the Kraft are going live with fans dressing like this in that nice newly renovated stadium 2-14 maybe??
Sad Ice Hockey GIF by NHL
If the Patriots are 2-15 with Mac their record with Zappe won't be any better.

When was the last time a street free agent QB was brought in mid season, with almost no practice with the team, came in and won a lot of games? It doesn't happen.

And Zappe isn't lighting it up out there. All reports are that he looked terrible in camp.

If the Patriots are 2-15 with Mac their record with Zappe won't be any better.
I would like them to test the Zappe theory... because the jury has already come in on Mac and it's not good.

When was the last time a street free agent QB was brought in mid season, with almost no practice with the team, came in and won a lot of games? It doesn't happen.

And Zappe isn't lighting it up out there. All reports are that he looked terrible in camp.
That was Camp Mike: Mac wasn't lighting it up either from reports.We know Our Defense was raping that OL in preseason that definitely carried over.

I would like them to test the Zappe theory... because the jury has already come in on Mac and it's not good.
Yeah, I'm not saying I wouldn't like them to try Zappe later in the season if all is pretty much lost, but I just don't think Bill will play it out that way based on how the Cam year went.

We already saw Zappe in preseason and camp and he was horrible. Also didn't do much on Sunday even in garbage time when the Cowboys stopped trying. He's not better than Mac. He won't ever be a starter in this league. More importantly the team won't learn anything for 2024 if they go to him now. I'd rather the team try Grier or a vet if they're looking for an alternative. Or even Cunningham. Longshot but he brings a very different dimension to this offense that the QB1 and 2 don't have.

I got news for you all. Mac ain't "getting it together" He will play out the season, then it is time to move on.

Really from Mac Jones to Daniel Jones?? BB will do this.

Not sure why this got in my head, but both starting NFL QBs with the last name Jones only managed 3 points this week while throwing two INTs, including a pick-6, fumbling the football on a strip-sack (both almost scoop and scores) and getting stuffed on a tush push play.

Not sure why this got in my head, but both starting NFL QBs with the last name Jones only managed 3 points this week while throwing two INTs, including a pick-6, fumbling the football on a strip-sack (both almost scoop and scores) and getting stuffed on a tush push play.
Misery loves company. I feel bad for the Giants luckily we can move on from ours without critical financial ramifications. That said I hope BOB removes that stupid negative tush play from the playbook. You would think a 6'3 guy can just fall and get a yard instead of losing three. :rolleyes:

Misery loves company. I feel bad for the Giants luckily we can move on from ours without critical financial ramifications. That said I hope BOB removes that stupid negative tush play from the playbook. You would think a 6'3 guy can just fall and get a yard instead of losing three. :rolleyes:
Seems like every team other than the Eagles are struggling to run it. We had the best QB sneaker in the game, just set up the short yardage sneaks the way we did it with Tom.

The exit of a franchise quarterback didn't seem to phase Pete Carroll, he'll be 3 games over .500 since Russell Wilson said buh bye to Seattle

They fleeced the Broncos, Wilson is done.. his game relies on running around behind LOS like a chicken with his head cut off until one of his sandlot receivers comes open

He's more into his "brand" and being a tool than he is being a football player these days... Seattle won bigtime in that trade, Broncos are a dumpster fire

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back