PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Week 4 other games

That's because his Starting days are numbered if this continues.
When the Pats cut Zappe and bring in real competition for Mac then you’ll know Mac‘s seat is very warm.

When the Pats cut Zappe and bring in real competition for Mac then you’ll know Mac‘s seat is very warm.
Isn't Carson Wentz available?? And I don't want to hear how Mac is greater than him. Right now Mac is only slightly better than Zack Wilson real high bar there. :rolleyes: That said I would roll with Zappe if Mac Wilson continues to Stink.

Delete.

Isn't Carson Wentz available?? And I don't want to hear how Mac is greater than him. Right now Mac is only slightly better than Zack Wilson real high bar there. :rolleyes: That said I would roll with Zappe if Mac Wilson continues to Stink.
Wentz was really bad last year in Washington though.

No point rolling with Zappe IMO, he is not better than Mac at anything, they gain nothing by playing a guy who they already cut and has no future on the team and there's a very good chance no future in the league either.

If the team has a candidate to replace Mac this year then look out. Otherwise the team will tell us Mac isn't the guy when they draft a new guy high in the draft next spring.

And poor Daboll might be the fall guy not fair I tell you.
Which might set up an intriguing scenario with BB if the team wants to move on from him. We all know BB loves the Giants. Put 2 and 2 together....

Define real competition because every QB that are free agent are as bad as Mac. the only potential QB that I would see would be a trade for Cousins or Murray but the money will make those moves highly unlikely. And if you go after those guys, it’s because you are interested in having them long term.

Unfortunately we are stuck with Mac this year.

1696336792376.png
Daniel Jones pick 6 brings out the rare Double Manning face

No point rolling with Zappe IMO, he is not better than Mac at anything, they gain nothing by playing a guy who they already cut and has no future on the team and there's a very good chance no future in the league either.

If the team has a candidate to replace Mac this year then look out. Otherwise the team will tell us Mac isn't the guy when they draft a new guy high in the draft next spring.
Let's say Mac is consistent and puts up a Stinker at Gillette and the Boo Birds come out. What do you think BB do?? I will say this IF Macs gets pulled again he won't sniff the Starting QB position on a BB Team again. I will bet a gentleman's wager on that. I hope Mac is betting on himself because I'm not betting on him to succeed. I have seen more than enough of him and it's not by choice. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Which might set up an intriguing scenario with BB if the team wants to move on from him. We all know BB loves the Giants. Put 2 and 2 together....
Really from Mac Jones to Daniel Jones?? BB will do this.

Let's say Mac is consistent and puts up a Stinker at Gillette and the Boo Birds come out. What do you think BB do?? I will say this IF Macs gets pulled again he won't sniff the Starting QB position on a BB Team again. I will bet a gentleman's wager on that. I hope Mac is betting on himself because I'm not betting on him to succeed. I have seen more than enough him and it's not by choice. :rolleyes:
Well Cam got to finish the season so barring someone better to take Mac's spot (Cam didn't have competition either) I would think Mac would get to do the same.

Define real competition because every QB that are free agent are as bad as Mac. the only potential QB that I would see would be a trade for Cousins or Murray but the money will make those moves highly unlikely. And if you go after those guys, it’s because you are interested in having them long term.

Unfortunately we are stuck with Mac this year.
IF Mac stinks on Sunday we' re stuck with Zappe. I think this Sunday is as far as it goes can't see BB going down with Mac Wilson.

Yeah, I don't see much point in trying to bring in Wentz at this point to try to salvage the season. Ride with Mac and if he doesn't improve by the end of the year, draft a new QB. This isn't a win-now team. This was supposed to be a building toward a playoff team, but is looking like a below middling team.

IF Mac stinks on Sunday we' re stuck with Zappe. I think this Sunday is as far as it goes can't see BB going down with Mac Wilson.
Bill already cut Zappe. Doubtful that they'll go to him now or ever again barring injury or mop up like Sunday. The team gains nothing by playing someone like that.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back