PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Pregame Thread Week 3 Pats @ NYJ pregame thread

Pregame Discussion ahead of the LIVE game day discussion thread. The actual Game Thread will Open an hour ahead of kickoff.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is the Pats' o-line could get significantly better with the return of Brown and moving Lowe to RT (plus Owenu and Strange having another week to get back in football shape). Not sure how the Jets get better.
The Jetes are planning on replacing their center with rookie Tippmann. Conor McGovern has been bad.

Their LT Duane Brown is too old; he’s turning 38 this season.

Their LG Laken Tomlinson came over as a highly paid FA and has been a disappointment.

Their RT Becton has been a borderline bust with all his injuries. Their RG is good though.

Clearly, Duane Brown can be beaten like a drum.

Our OL should be better—as long as Calvin Anderson is not RT.

This game fascinates me. Could spell the end for the Patriots season if they lose. A win goes a long way to rejuvenate players and fans.

A pivotal game.

The two worst players and two best players on the field for both teams very well could all be in green: Sauce Gardner, Garrett Wilson; Zach Dollface, Duane Brown.

Mac better not throw anywhere near Sauce Gardner we are way over matched there a word to the wise is sufficient.
I couldn’t agree more. Dallas targeted once and he dropped a pick 6.

One way to turn the tide for the Jetes and make their fans rabid is to throw at the Sauce.

Stay off the sauce!

This game fascinates me. Could spell the end for the Patriots season if they lose. A win goes a long way to rejuvenate players and fans.

A pivotal game.

The two worst players and two best players on the field for both teams very well could all be in green: Sauce Gardner, Garrett Wilson; Zach Dollface, Duane Brown.
I agree. This is a pivotal game early in the season especially with at Dallas next.

I agree. This is a pivotal game early in the season especially with at Dallas next.
totally agree. Losing to the Jets is just unacceptable but i would not be surprised if they beat us like a drum. And then next week at Dallas...if we go 0-4, it will be over for us. We knew the schedule was tough coming in, but this could be a bad start for us and one where we wont recover.

Players I think need to play more on the Patriots offense are Pop Douglas, Ty Montgomery on third downs, and TE Pharaoh Brown, an actual blocking TE.

And why not Jalen Reagor? Dude can at least fly and jump very high. At the 2020 combine he registered a Christian Gonzalez freak vertical of 42”. Damn.

Just don’t throw near Saucy Gardner.

And why not Jalen Reagor?
Isn't his catch rate, especially any time it's a "needed" catch (3d down) pretty much the same as having Slater out there?

There's a reason he was available. If he was a hidden solution he'd have been used by the previous two teams that had him.

Isn't his catch rate, especially any time it's a "needed" catch (3d down) pretty much the same as having Slater out there?

There's a reason he was available. If he was a hidden solution he'd have been used by the previous two teams that had him.
Crazy how he hasn't happened maybe there's something there I hope.
The Daily Show Wtf GIF by CTV Comedy Channel

There's a reason Jalen Reagor was available. If he was a hidden solution he'd have been used by the previous two teams that had him.
True enough. But I am hearing from practices that Reagor is working hard and jelling well with the team.

And seeing DBs velcroed to our wideouts (except Douglas) has me feeling desperate.

Being cut twice is like facing execution. It tends to focus the mind. In Reagor’s case the physical tools are not in question. Now he may feel a sense of urgency he didn’t before.

I want a feel good story coming out of MetLife, d%#*!@t! Jalen Reagor with the winning TD!

I just hope Joker up in heaven won’t make too much of a scene.

No turnovers. None at all. Please.

Expecting a dog fight...if we don't turn the ball over...I think we can score about 15-17 points and let our D go to work.

While I stand on the clear proof that Mac has looked a lot better this year. He's still falling into one bad habit from last year.
When there's a double route, with a short and deep, he almost always takes the short. This is a great shot of the out route to Henry.
Yes, he completed it. But, right behind that, Parker is going to break wide open on the post-crosser.
When is he going to start hitting these, instead of only trying 30yd corner fades, or 40yd post routes when Bourne is doubled...
Just an observation.
Screen Shot 2023-09-21 at 1.03.47 PM.jpeg

For the Jalen Reagor is the savior people...He has an 11.1 yards/reception average in his career and a 58% catch rate...these are #s very similar to NKeal Harry's 11.2 yards/reception and 57% catch rate

While I stand on the clear proof that Mac has looked a lot better this year. He's still falling into one bad habit from last year.
When there's a double route, with a short and deep, he almost always takes the short. This is a great shot of the out route to Henry.
Yes, he completed it. But, right behind that, Parker is going to break wide open on the post-crosser.
When is he going to start hitting these, instead of only trying 30yd corner fades, or 40yd post routes when Bourne is doubled...
Just an observation.
View attachment 53001
Was that Strange getting Beat or Mafi??

For the Jalen Reagor is the savior people...He has an 11.1 yards/reception average in his career and a 58% catch rate...these are #s very similar to NKeal Harry's 11.2 yards/reception and 57% catch rate
Jeebus, what a find!

Have you seen what waddling Smith- Schuster has been up to so far this season? It’s gruesome. So I don’t have the heart to tell you. (Psst. >7 yards a reception.)

No turnovers. None at all. Please.

Expecting a dog fight...if we don't turn the ball over...I think we can score about 15-17 points and let our D go to work.
I would love to see only 1 Penalty from our Offense not on the Jets side of the Field. Would love to see a mimic of the old BB unpenalized Teams attention to detail guys.

Jeebus, what a find!

Have you seen what waddling Smith- Schuster has been up to so far this season? It’s gruesome. So I don’t have the heart to tell you. (Psst. >7 yards a reception.)

I know Juju wasn't a burner but I didn't think he was a slug either very concerning.

I know Juju wasn't a burner but I didn't think he was a slug either very concerning.
The $33 million dollar sluggish man?

If Jacobi Meyers continues to outperform Smith-Schuster, and Tyquan Thornton doesn’t break out of his malaise and soft tissue injury—all the while George Pickens is doing his thing with his mediocre QB—the Kraft family may develop serious concerns about their coach also being the GM.

This should be an easy win for the Pats. I don't think Garrett Wilson and Breece Hall can overcome the charity of Zach Wilson, especially if the Pats can get an early lead.

Going back to that amazing FG block by Schooler. Yes, it was awesome, came at a crucial time, trying to keep the game within 14 pts, and gave the Pats a chance to try to bring it to a 1-score game before the 4th qtr.
The bad - it shows how desperate BB was - in week 2. From the articles being written, the block reminded the whole league what is possible and it won't work for us again. Meaning, they used their best ST play in the 2nd game of the year, down by 14, because they DID NOT want to lose to MIA and go 0-2. That's just surprising all around. And it shows that BB must feel some heat on his seat.
Wasn't the play based on something the coaches noticed about how Mia lines up vs. a play that could be used against any opponent?

Just an observation.
View attachment 53001

When was this play? I would want to see it in real time. You could be right, but it also could be that the Dolphins' defender who got by Mafi forced Mac to make that throw and not go through his progressions to see Parker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes