PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Week 15 pre-game thread: Patriots vs Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Colts and Patriots are both coming off byes, so both teams are going to be prepared. The colts rank #2 in rush yards and stopping Jonathan Taylor is a must. Probably the best RB and OL we've faced all year. Good news is that their defense is middle of the pack and we should be able to score points on them. Can't turn the ball over to these guys - they are #1 in the league in turnover differential. Super excited that this game is on a Saturday, which means we can kick back and relax on Sunday

Colts and Patriots are both coming off byes, so both teams are going to be prepared. The colts rank #2 in rush yards and stopping Jonathan Taylor is a must. Probably the best RB and OL we've faced all year. Good news is that their defense is middle of the pack and we should be able to score points on them. Can't turn the ball over to these guys - they are #1 in the league in turnover differential. Super excited that this game is on a Saturday, which means we can kick back and relax on Sunday
Only if the Pats win.

Another-wild-saturday-night-meme-3352.jpg

Interesting game, I cannot wait.

It seems tough, the colts look pretty solid in the trenches , great on the offensive side of it. But historically we have pretty much owned them since 2010 and seem to manhandle them up front each and every game since no matter who we have at rb or ol.

Id imagine the plan is to focus on Taylor, make wentz beat us. If we get out to a lead early we could really cruise feasting on wentz and letting rham and hopefully damian kill clock. Still I expect a battle this time, indys one of the hottest teams in the league and just took tb to the limit. They really really need this one too whereas it’s important to us too but a loss would be far from devastating.

1639065554914.png

I don't know how good our run defense is or isn't. Bills don't have much of a run offense and we just gave up a whole bunch to the Titans. Colts are averaging 199 yards rushing a game in their last 5 games and their OL is great. So I think we'll find out more about our own run defense in this one.

Like us they've hung around against some of the better teams in the league (Rams, Titans, Ravens) even if they lost.

This is going to be a tough game. A lesser team might overlook it with the Buffalo rematch looming. If the Bills somehow beat the Bucs this game suddenly becomes a very important one. I believe we're going to have to score often and early and get up on the Colts to win this one. Although he doesn't seem the type, I could see Mac coming in with a chip on his shoulder after only being allowed to throw 3x on Monday night, even if the reasoning was sound. I feel like this is his game to win or lose.

Best test of our run defense so far, but also the first game in a LONG time where the run game will be the focus for our defense, so I'm curious to see how they do. Dugger should be back, but Phillips' status will be important here. Weather won't be a factor, so the offense should be more balanced (hard not to be), and I think the extra week off will do Mac some good, giving him a chance to breathe for the first time in six months.

I think if we can stop Jonathan Taylor it bodes well for us going forward against teams like the Titans (with derrick henry) or ravens if we meet up with them in the playoffs.

I think if we can stop Jonathan Taylor it bodes well for us going forward against teams like the Titans (with derrick henry) or ravens if we meet up with them in the playoffs.
With Henry maybe. Jackson not really. IMO.

I thought Henry was done for the year?????

I thought Henry was done for the year?????

Not necessarily, which is what worries me. It's a 6-8 week injury (Jones fracture) and he got injured in early November, so he could be back for the playoffs. However, I'm not sure if he'll be the same RB as he was pre-injury.

Great test for our run defense. I hope they can slow that run offense down. That Colts Oline is legit

Biggest test of the season for this team. Crowd noise will be turned up to 11. Taylor is the best RB in the league. Wentz is not throwing stupid picks. That defense is solid as well. Expect a 21-17 kind of game.

View attachment 38589

I don't know how good our run defense is or isn't. Bills don't have much of a run offense and we just gave up a whole bunch to the Titans. Colts are averaging 199 yards rushing a game in their last 5 games and their OL is great. So I think we'll find out more about our own run defense in this one.

Like us they've hung around against some of the better teams in the league (Rams, Titans, Ravens) even if they lost.
Add Bucs to the list of teams they’ve hung around with. However, worth noting that the Bucs (who do have a better run D than us) completely shut down the Colts run game

If we stop the run we have a good chance for the 8th...

Makes me grateful Pats've got a pretty nasty run game of their own to practice against.

Makes me grateful Pats've got a pretty nasty run game of their own to practice against.

We also held Fournette in week 4 to under 100 yards, so there's hope we can limit them

Mrs. Rover has been stuck in NY with our in-laws for a month... plus exhausted after looking after our granddaughters... and we are driving back from NY to Jax that Saturday.

So I'm trying to figure out when exactly to say, "Hey, so I can catch the Patriots game... how about we leave a little earlier...

...like, say... 4am?" :whistle:

5xa8cz.gif

...plus she's a ginger...

...I'n afwaid.

It's basically playoff season right now. Every game is critical. Can't afford any losses down the stretch, and 3 of the next 4 games are going to be against tough opponents. I've already got stress pimples

Mrs. Rover has been stuck in NY with our in-laws for a month... plus exhausted after looking after our granddaughters... and we are driving back from NY to Jax that Saturday.

So I'm trying to figure out when exactly to say, "Hey, so I can catch the Patriots game... how about we leave a little earlier...

...like, say... 4am?" :whistle:

5xa8cz.gif

...plus she's a ginger...

...I'n afwaid.

How much can an Uber cost from NY? Might be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes