Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How will the Patriots do versus Baltimore?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The game is in Foxboro.

Oh My God Omg GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

But our defense lately has been real bad.. and i think we can help the ratbirds increase their average offensive points and yardage.

Gilmore not playing and having possibly the worst run defense , not sure how we can stop Lamar and company.

And as for our offense lesser said the better. Would be thrilled if we win, but chances look remote. But the uncertainty and the fact that we are a massive underdog has me excited for the game . Who knows if some magic happens...

What if we had a 2007 giant like season... I know it's remote but still statistically possible.
2007 Giants had the Dline. that is the biggest hole on this team right now. They can be easily pushed around. There is no need for ravens to throw the ball. But the hope is they will throw more . that is where a slimmer of a chance exists regardless of how bad our secondary looked vs flacco.

Knowing that Bob "Handyman" Kraft is losing all that revenue makes it more tolerable.
You are happy that the team will not have a home field advantage because it means the owner of the team will be hurt financially? Really?

just an idle thought on stopping the Ravens' offense.

So much of it is based on misdirection in the backfield and the running ability of their QB. With a non-running QB, like Brady, run defense becomes a LOT easier since the defense has a natural 11 vs 10 advantage. When you have that run/pass option with your QB, that of course negates the defense's edge.

But here's the thing to watch. Back in the day (long long long ago) when the triple option and Houston veer attacks were prevalent, I always felt that looking into the backfield for LB and secondary cues was a fool's errand, There was always so much to see that it paralyzed your LB's into always being too late.

I found that there were 2 ways to get your back 7 to react decisively (most of the time). That was to do what the DL does on every play. All read DL actions as determined by keys given by the OL, whether it was a pull, block down, or just a helmet to one side or the other. So that rather than looking into the backfield, the key to getting your LB's aggressively attacking the ball was to give them keys from the OL thru to the backfield. (same for your safeties) By nature skill position people LIE all the time (like a Trump presser......sorry I couldn't help myself ;) ) But on the other hand (for the most part the OL tells the truth.

I think the key for any success the Pats have in stopping the Ravens' #1 running game will be in IF the coaching staff can give their LB's and S's great OL keys. Again back in the day when hitting a QB with the front of your helmet got you a helmet sticker and NOT 15 yds (again sorry, I couldn't help myself. 3-4 ILB's got their keys from the G's. If they fired out the LB would attack the block and move to the ball. If they blocked down or out the LB would fill to the LOS. If he pulled, he'd follow. If he set to pass block, he'd drop to his man or zone. I don't know how the Pats will play the ravens, but these Okie reads are still as valid as they were when Bud Wilkerson developed them in the mid 50's.

So early in this game I'm going to miss a lot of the action because I will be watching the Raven's OL to see if they are giving the Pats any consistent keys to their run game.

The second way to eliminate indecision was to run blitz with your LB's and or safeties. These usually were down and distance and or formation triggered. Given the state the the Pats LB situation, this may be something they do more than usual.

BTW- another idle thought was to play this offense with another defense from long ago (the early 70's which was the Penn State 4-4. This is a D when played well is very difficult to run block. Sorry but it would take longer than I wish to stay to explain how it works, and how it forces offensive lines to execute difficult schemes to block it. Perhaps another time.

Five hours before kickoff and no pregame thread? Shows you the enthusiasm for this year's team is very weak

So much of it is based on misdirection in the backfield and the running ability of their QB. With a non-running QB, like Brady, run defense becomes a LOT easier since the defense has a natural 11 vs 10 advantage. When you have that run/pass option with your QB, that of course negates the defense's edge.

But here's the thing to watch. Back in the day (long long long ago) when the triple option and Houston veer attacks were prevalent, I always felt that looking into the backfield for LB and secondary cues was a fool's errand, There was always so much to see that it paralyzed your LB's into always being too late.

I found that there were 2 ways to get your back 7 to react decisively (most of the time). That was to do what the DL does on every play. All read DL actions as determined by keys given by the OL, whether it was a pull, block down, or just a helmet to one side or the other. So that rather than looking into the backfield, the key to getting your LB's aggressively attacking the ball was to give them keys from the OL thru to the backfield. (same for your safeties) By nature skill position people LIE all the time (like a Trump presser......sorry I couldn't help myself ;) ) But on the other hand (for the most part the OL tells the truth.

I think the key for any success the Pats have in stopping the Ravens' #1 running game will be in IF the coaching staff can give their LB's and S's great OL keys. Again back in the day when hitting a QB with the front of your helmet got you a helmet sticker and NOT 15 yds (again sorry, I couldn't help myself. 3-4 ILB's got their keys from the G's. If they fired out the LB would attack the block and move to the ball. If they blocked down or out the LB would fill to the LOS. If he pulled, he'd follow. If he set to pass block, he'd drop to his man or zone. I don't know how the Pats will play the ravens, but these Okie reads are still as valid as they were when Bud Wilkerson developed them in the mid 50's.

So early in this game I'm going to miss a lot of the action because I will be watching the Raven's OL to see if they are giving the Pats any consistent keys to their run game.

The second way to eliminate indecision was to run blitz with your LB's and or safeties. These usually were down and distance and or formation triggered. Given the state the the Pats LB situation, this may be something they do more than usual.

BTW- another idle thought was to play this offense with another defense from long ago (the early 70's which was the Penn State 4-4. This is a D when played well is very difficult to run block. Sorry but it would take longer than I wish to stay to explain how it works, and how it forces offensive lines to execute difficult schemes to block it. Perhaps another time.
I see two potential challenges tonight:

1. The is front 7 easily blocked.
2. They cannot tackle.

If the coaches can get them to defeat blocks and bring down the ball carrier before he runs through vast expanses of secondary, I like our chances.

You are happy that the team will not have a home field advantage because it means the owner of the team will be hurt financially? Really?
I said loss of HFA was more tolerable knowing that Bobby is feeling the $ pain. Opposite of your spin.

Sony actually ran very well against the raiders before getting hurt. If we get that Sony him and Burk can do some damage. This is one game where I’d try to take the ball first and get a lead, Lamar hasn’t looked good the last couple weeks so somehow gotta force him to throw.

Cam gets hurt on a run play. Stidham has a few good plays but makes a critical mistake in short order. The Keystone Cops defense continues to look uncoached. The Pats lose 38 to 13. Belichick fires his sons on the spot.

can the insult by the media this week about the quality of the players on this team be of any advantage?

We have 17 players questionable including Folk. Have any been listed as OUT yet?

It would be interesting to see a wide tackle 6 against this type of offense.

I think my daughter is going to come tonight. Up to 4 contractions an hour now and the wife had her bloody show last night. I’ve politely asked her to wait until tomorrow so dad can enjoy the game but my daughter has been a bit of a troll in the womb (no clue where she gets that from), so I’m not expecting her to listen.

I think my daughter is going to come tonight. Up to 4 contractions an hour now and the wife had her bloody show last night. I’ve politely asked her to wait until tomorrow so dad can enjoy the game but my daughter has been a bit of a troll in the womb (no clue where she gets that from), so I’m not expecting her to listen.

congratulations! Hope everything goes well and everybody ends up healthy and happy!

She knows the outcome

A chip off the old block!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots