PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WEEI posts Friday is Sensitivity Training Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
While never what I would call compelling ... there was a time when WEEI was decent before 98.5 started.
In spite of the politics in the morning ... there would always be at least 1 interview starting in the morning which was nice.
They lined up other interviews throughout the day and those were usually interesting to hear other coaches, players, GM's and media people.
If you listened in the morning they would announce the interviews for the day - so you were either interested or not.

Then advertising dollars dropped and they trimmed their budgets and the interviews went away.
They lost the Celtics so there's rarely any basketball or puck talk ... and they are supposed to be a sports show go figure.
They talk Patriots or Red Sox and it's more gossip chatter as opposed to nuts and bolts talk.

WEEI went through a stale period (Mike Salk era) and then they morphed into the crap they are now.
I used to tune in from time to time but generally found it like nails on a blackboard - gossip, shock crap and banal chatter.
I could give a **** what they are up to - like I said I liked the interviews and without those it's just banal noise.
If it's a compelling sports talk day I sometimes listen for 30 minutes or so in the early or late afternoon ... but 30 minutes is all I can stand.

How is it that you're a sports talk show but you can only handle 1 major topic of the day.
Felger is annoying but he at least will talk all 4 major local sports and sometimes even the Revolution.
I can tolerate Felger's trolling if he is at least on topic and discussing other possible angles to a story.
If 98.5 would can Mazz Felger would have a much better show ... Mazz is the worst ... a professional whining ... annoying ... asswiper.

agreed...how does someone with a voice
as annoying as mazz get a job in radio?

one of my uncles went to high school with mazz and he said he was the dork everyone picked on. sounds about right.

Try music...
My wife keeps asking me why I pay for Sirius ... it's obvious to me.
If there's one good thing that WEEI has done it's another Sirus subscription - I know there's more like me out there.
The channel change button on the steering wheel is one of the greatest inventions ever.

I'm trying to care about this sensitivity training...I just can't. WEEI is a cesspool.

The way to fix it is to nuke it from orbit...it's the only way to be sure.

WEEI had a field day with the Borges gaff - man karma's a ***** as they say.

WEEI had a field day with the Borges gaff - man karma's a ***** as they say.

worf-startrek-facepalm.gif

How? I thought Borges did it to himself.

i am not convinced they knew about the seattle guy’s article. it took a few days after i sent my email for him to be suspended. others i am sure also alerted the globe of his plagiarism.

i think he changed like 2 words from the seattle guy’s piece, but it was so obvious and lazy, borges’s “crediting” of borrowed work wasn’t even a reality anymore.

My wife keeps asking me why I pay for Sirius ... it's obvious to me.
If there's one good thing that WEEI has done it's another Sirus subscription - I know there's more like me out there.
The channel change button on the steering wheel is one of the greatest inventions ever.
I've had Sirius in my vehicles almost since its inception and also have the app on my iPhone. I'm addicted to it.

Sports talk radio has descended into a very deep abyss, where the broadcasters focus on making the news.. rather than reporting or discussing sports news.. so much so I rarely listen any more, I miss the salient discussion about whether or not David Price is truly sorry for his borish behavior last season, that "behavior" that talk radio made exponentially worse..

Can you imagine discussing this in front of this audience Callahan, Minihane, Merloni, Ordway etc.??? Of course they will all tell us how great and effective this effort was, then by next Wednesday same old **** different day.. perhaps they can spend the day talking over and interrupting each other as each believes their POV is the most important...

The bottom line is the "shotcallers" at WEEI and 98.5 love controversy, as some how in this perverse world it drives the ratings.. not quite sure why, but it does.. sad state of affairs..

They'll probably run "best of" sort of crap.

Very difficult to find enough "best of" to fill an hour segment, never mind a whole day...

These are perilous times we live in. Saying the wrong thing to the wrong person at the wrong time can destroy you.
I am bothered that the Globe and Leung were so vigilant in trying to get sponsors to drop WEEI. It just feels dirty.

I, for one, am glad to see that WEEI is doing this. They go over the line so consistently that K&C is offensive every hour they broadcast, and it's time to act like educated men, not racist junior high kids. Fauria is a smart guy with a good education. He should act like it. I hope WEEI lays down the law and fires the first guy to cross the line after Friday's session.

It's too bad that it took advertisers pulling ads to make a difference over there. A little common decency should be the very minimum standard to get on the radio. The punk who went after Brady's daughter should never sit in front of a microphone again.

The 98.5 guys act like children with their schticks constantly, but at least they do not climb into the racist, mysogynist dumpster the way K&C do every day.

I hear and read name calling that men like me are snowflakes. Well if that's the case, get ready ladies and gentlemen. A blizzard's comin'.

WEEI to host ‘sensitivity training’ for all employees Friday, halting live broadcasting - The Boston Globe says:
They sent a message loud and clear, led by Citizens Bank, Comcast, City of Boston Credit Union, Massachusetts State Lottery, and Massachusetts Health Connector. All of them suspended or terminated commercial buys this week to protest a pattern of offensive behavior.
Follow the money. Suits in the C-Suites are engaged.

Doesn't bode well for the K&Cs and Borgeses of this world.
These are perilous times we live in. Saying the wrong thing to the wrong person at the wrong time can destroy you.
I am bothered that the Globe and Leung were so vigilant in trying to get sponsors to drop WEEI. It just feels dirty.
Doesn't feel dirty to me.

Sponsors want to get their message into the head of the "key demographic", men ages 25-54, and don't seem to care how that happens. She's just asking them if they know what their money is buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back