PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WEEI posts Friday is Sensitivity Training Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people might question why we need sensitivity training and diversity, equity and inclusion policies. Some comments say, people are soft or don’t have a sense of humor nowadays.

I’m an immigrant but before that, I was also a minority in my birth country. I have lived through it. These comments really don’t hurt from an individual standpoint but it relegates a group of people to being a certain stereotype. It’s very difficult to break from a certain stereotype. It stays with you subconsciously and it becomes an institutional norm.

So if you’re with a group of buddies and you say stereotypical stuff, I can honestly say, those things are pretty funny. I do enjoy racial jokes. But when you say it from a platform of broadcast, it affects a whole group of people negatively on both the oppressed and “ruling” side.

Sorry if I made this political in any way. Just how I’m feeling right now.

Some people might question why we need sensitivity training and diversity, equity and inclusion policies. Some comments say, people are soft or don’t have a sense of humor nowadays.

I’m an immigrant but before that, I was also a minority in my birth country. I have lived through it. These comments really don’t hurt from an individual standpoint but it relegates a group of people to being a certain stereotype. It’s very difficult to break from a certain stereotype. It stays with you subconsciously and it becomes an institutional norm.

So if you’re with a group of buddies and you say stereotypical stuff, I can honestly say, those things are pretty funny. I do enjoy racial jokes. But when you say it from a platform of broadcast, it affects a whole group of people negatively on both the oppressed and “ruling” side.

Sorry if I made this political in any way. Just how I’m feeling right now.
Most of the best comedy comes from racial jokes and stereotypes. The same people condemning Fauria would probably laugh their asses off at Snoop’s “Todd” character. And rightfully so. It’s funny.

I haven't seen someone backpedal as fast as that since yesterday here on this board.

lmao

And those people would be absolutely right to do so. Now, hopefully the mods will kill this thread before it breeds.

Some people just cannot tolerate when people point out their bigotry. I call those people snowflakes.

This statement is ironic.

Maximum exposure and visibility.

No reason they couldn't run 3 separate sessions so programming isn't disrupted.
You’re 100% right. I mean correct. :D

It’s very clear this is to change public perception. Otherwise, they would do exactly what you said and not trumpet about it.

This is WEEI, people. The only reason anyone here is bothering to defend them is because they saw the words "sensitivity training" and got all up in arms.

Seriously, who gives a **** what happens to these guys?

Maximum exposure and visibility.

No reason they couldn't run 3 separate sessions so programming isn't disrupted.

You’re 100% right. I mean correct. :D

It’s very clear this is to change public perception. Otherwise, they would do exactly what you said and not trumpet about it.

Yeah. I'm pretty sure things will be right back to normal soon.

Nothing like shotgun management, raging political correctness, and a knee jerk reaction.

Hint: Train you on air people to not think they can say anyuthing they want whenever, without repercussions.

It's appalling what some of the people at 98.5 have done through the years, too, mocking gay people, women, etc.

Zolak acts like a 12 year old. It's embarrassing. And, don't get me started on Felger and Mazz. These people have kids and set an awful example for life.

Nothing like shotgun management, raging political correctness, and a knee jerk reaction.

Hint: Train you on air people to not think they can say anyuthing they want whenever, without repercussions.

It's appalling what some of the people at 98.5 have done through the years, too, mocking gay people, women, etc.

Zolak acts like a 12 year old. It's embarrassing. And, don't get me started on Felger and Mazz. These people have kids and set an awful example for life.

I agree. It's all about hot takes and being outrageous.

Big O and Lou spent the whole day being sarcastic assholes - uh I mean they were a bit *salty* - on the air today.

I think they got a talkin’ to before the show and they aren’t terribly happy about the going’s on.

I think there may have been a loss of a sponsor or something like that. Not 100% sure

Last edited:
I agree. It's all about hot takes and being outrageous.

Which is fine, but if you're actually being unprofessional, while subtly being racist, sexist or a bigot, and defaming others, I am sorry, that's crossing the line a bit.

I think when you tune into a certain station, say Howard Stern, and you're running a known genre of radio, that's sort of different.

I would love to see a real sports talk show, one that actually is about sports.

Say it’s a football show.....then I want more of the type of information and analysis a show like Matt Chatham and his football by football provides. Instead, these “sports shows” provide no actual analysis or even football content at all, they give us a steady diet of hate based, rile em up for clickbait crap that is what Felger & Maz brought to the airways years ago.

Sadly, they got ratings and real sports related content took a backseat to insults and lies.

Weei is so transparent here, they lose sponsors so they get all sensitivity with us. The damn sponsors have no balls because they react to the morality police that complained to them in the first place.

All I really want when I put on a sports talk show is to be entertained and educated about sports.

Go figure.....

Last edited:
I would love to see a real sports talk show, one that actually is about sports.

If football, more of say Matt Chatham and his football by football analysis and zero hate based, rile em up for clickbait crap that is what Felger & Maz brought to the airways years ago.

Sadly, they got ratings and real sports related content took a backseat to insults and lies.

Weei is so transparent here, they lose sponsors so they get all sensitivity with us. The damn sponsors have no balls because they react to the morality police that complained to them in the first place.

All I really want when I put on a sports talk show is to be entertained and educated about sports.

Go figure.....

Absolutely, and if you think about it, there is a clear business opportunity available here.

WEEI copied 98.5's model because they were getting smoked by the targeting of the Millennial demographic starting in 2009. It's the people that believe everything Felger/Mazz say. You have kids leaving school, listening to them, and they've essentially brainwashed an entire generation of younger people thinking Kraft is cheap and BB is a big meanie, with Brady not being supported. I a=have also seen grown men succumb to his pathetic brainwashing. It's quite creepy.

Anyway, WEEI then adopted the 98.5 approach thinkin gthey could take some of the pie, and here we are.

But, if you have a personable radio host a show, say like Dan Roche and Matt Chatham, I would absolutely listen.

Which is fine, but if you're actually being unprofessional, while subtly being racist, sexist or a bigot, and defaming others, I am sorry, that's crossing the line a bit.

I think when you tune into a certain station, say Howard Stern, and you're running a known genre of radio, that's sort of different.

I think certain shows (Felger and Mazz, K&C, The Big Show to a lesser extent) have taken that Howard Stern model and tweaked it, in an effort to "stay relevant". True sports talk radio is pretty boring to a lot of people. But stir up some chit and boom, people listen. I prefer the boring sports talk to the rest of the BS that goes on. But I know the demo they are aiming for isn't an early 50's guy in NH.

I used to listen online. I haven't in years. I hope they find enough sensitivity to move forward in this tough world we now live in.

I just sent this the to WEEI: "All day sensitivity training with KKKallahole, Adolph Minihane, Ordway and Merloni??? Holy s###, you guys oughta sell tickets!!!". I'm deadly serious when I say I'd pay to be a fly on the wall for that show! Imagine the poor pr##k teaching that thing??? Holy s###!!!

I just sent this the to WEEI: "All day sensitivity training with KKKallahole, Adolph Minihane, Ordway and Merloni??? Holy s###, you guys oughta sell tickets!!!". I'm deadly serious when I say I'd pay to be a fly on the wall for that show! Imagine the poor pr##k teaching that thing??? Holy s###!!!

Yeah, that'll show 'em. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes