PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WEEI posts Friday is Sensitivity Training Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah...that Leung sure has a set of lungs....:eek:

Oh...you want me to be PC? How's it feel to want...? OK...here's your PC ...Pi$$off Chump

I wouldn't be surprised if it goes something like this:

(NSFW or if you are sensitive to comedians using over the top means of making a point)

You have to see the second part to get to the point.

The fact that a top-of-the-market radio station would suspend live broadcasting for a full day to conduct an employee training session for WHATEVER reason, I find mindboggling. I mean, couldn't it be done on a Saturday or in shifts during off time? By announcing suspension of their business during peak hours, they appear to be saying, "Look at our great sacrifice for the public good!" It just seems like weird PR.

Last edited:
Embarrassing pandering on the part of the national management at Entercom.
What we're seeing is "mock" outrage over silly comments by Christian Fauria, a multi-racial man from Southern California involving a Chinese American sports agent Don Yee. Christian and Don have talked, are fine and have moved on.
What we are witnessing now is an orchestrated effort by political liberals (primarily lead by the Boston Globe) to silence people in the media who call them out for being the disgusting hypocrites they are.
This is ALL about politics and these tactics of attempting to silence adversaries is straight from the leftist handbook.
Liberals can never win on the issues and therefore hate the debate and seek to silence those on the other side.
If you don't like WEEI then turn it off. No one is forced to listen or watch or read anything you don't want to.
If you seek to silence what you don't like then what does that say about you??

I am sorry, I don't want my kids to think that it is okay to mock somebody because of their funny accent or different color skin.

The fact that a top-of-the-market radio station would suspend live broadcasting for a full day to conduct an employee training session for WHATEVER reason, I find mindboggling. I mean, couldn't it be done on a Saturday or in shifts during off time? By announcing suspension of their business during peak hours, they appear to be saying, "Look at our great sacrifice for the public good!" It just seems like weird PR.

The last part there 'PR' .... when a company reacts due to lost revenue .... then they are floundering.
If it's entertainment value that they seek then at least hire professionals who can do it properly.
Instead they trust some low paid sports hacks to be funny and attract listeners ... what could go wrong?

Last edited:
The last part there 'PR' .... when a company reacts due to lost revenue .... then they are floundering.
If it's entertainment value that they seek then at least hire professionals who can do it properly.
Instead they trust some low paid sports hacks to be funny and attract listeners ... what could go wrong?

Also WEEI let their people pile on the Borges gaff ... the Globe retaliated ... karma sucks - they all suck.
Borges is with the Herald; regardless, the Globe woman's column was pretty cheap.

I am sorry, I don't want my kids to think that it is okay to mock somebody because of their funny accent or different color skin.
ha ha ha ha yeah I'm sure there is no mocking that goes on in your world. You've never mocked a southern accent, never talked like an Italo-American wise guy??
Yeah right!!!
Don't want your kids exposed to such horror then don't listen.
But I would be curious about the shows they watch, the music they listen to, the video games you allow them to play and the ugliness found in those worlds. :rolleyes:

While at the gym this morning, I saw WMUR out of Manchester ran a bit on this topic as well. WEEI is certainly getting some miles out of this.

Borges is with the Herald; regardless, the Globe woman's column was pretty cheap.
Cheap, as opposed to Christian Fauria's bit with the rest of the ass clowns yucking it up in the background?

I think going after their money is a strong move.

I think daring Fauria to come down to Chinatown and do his act is a strong move.

Ball is now in Fauria's court.

Let's see what he does.

Last edited:
"Look at our great sacrifice for the public good!" It just seems like weird PR.
That's exactly what it is. All part of appeasing the blue masses (who, ironically, likely don't even listen to WEEI).

So, people are offended by words on a device with a multitude of listening options and a little on/off switch.

I don't give much of a sh!t about WEEI, but they obviously are getting very good ratings. So the many people who do like the content can't continue to like the content because people who claim to be offended can't choose a different show?

I never understood it back in the day when Howard Stern was generating all those complaints for being vile and nasty. Listen to something else!

I'll never get the people who allow the words of others to offend them. Considering yourself a victim can be a self-fulfilling prophecy.
We live in a culture where people *enjoy* claiming victimhood status. It generally translates into moral authority and political power.

There are many who shout their victimhood status from the highest rooftops to make sure everyone knows.

Cheap, as opposed to Christian Fauria's bit with the rest of the ass clowns yucking it up in the background?

I think going after their money is a strong move.

I think daring Fauria to come down to Chinatown and do his act is a strong move.
I'm not defending Fauria's immaturity, I just question the Globe taking a directly activist role against another media entity's financial lifeline.

ha ha ha ha yeah I'm sure there is no mocking that goes on in your world. You've never mocked a southern accent, never talked like an Italo-American wise guy??
Yeah right!!!
Don't want your kids exposed to such horror then don't listen.
But I would be curious about the shows they watch, the music they listen to, the video games you allow them to play and the ugliness found in those worlds. :rolleyes:

When it is an acceptable practice in the media, then it is acceptable culturally. I see you did not address the point and instead came at me with some what'aboutism. Nice tactic to avoid addressing the issue. We are talking about day time sports radio modelling bully behavior.

So you think it is fine to mock somebody because they have a different accent? "HAHA, I am laughing at your expense"...that's totally cool in your world?

We live in a culture where people *enjoy* claiming victimhood status. It generally translates into moral authority and political power.

There are many who shout their victimhood status from the highest rooftops to make sure everyone knows.

Are you taking offense at others' being offended? Such a victim you are.

When it is an acceptable practice in the media, then it is acceptable culturally. I see you did not address the point and instead came at me with some what'aboutism. Nice tactic to avoid addressing the issue. We are talking about day time sports radio modelling bully behavior.

So you think it is fine to mock somebody because they have a different accent? "HAHA, I am laughing at your expense"...that's totally cool in your world?

Why wouldn't it be?

I'm not defending Fauria's immaturity, I just question the Globe taking a directly activist role against another media entity's financial lifeline.

It's the "media on media" crime that I hate, and that WEEI certainly seems to engage in quite a bit. The Borges thing was news worthy, but the rest of it... I dunno man. I find myself tuning out quite often.

I stopped reading the Globe years ago, Herald soon after. It's easy for me to bail on WEEI/98.5 now that football season is over. I just find the radio guys sophomoric. Don't tell me about your ratings, don't tell me why _______ at (insert sports network here) sucks, or what _________ at (insert sports network here) did to get in trouble. Tell me, for real, why Butler was benched. Get me information, don't speculate like all of us here. Tell me why the C's are losing. Give me hope why the Red Sox have a snowballs chance in hell against the Yankess. (they don't) Go ahead and call out the Red Sox when they have a press release touting a sponsorship partnership with Sam Adams, while the Yankees get Giancarlo Stanton. None of them do that. Because it's boring and casual fans won't listen.

Last edited:
Edited: Duplicate post. My bad.

Last edited:
It's the "media on media" crime that I hate, and that WEEI certainly seems to engage in quite a bit. The Borges thing was news worthy, but the rest of it... I dunno man. I find myself tuning out quite often.

I stopped reading the Globe years ago, Herald soon after. It's easy for me to bail on WEEI/98.5 now that football season is over. I just find the radio guys sophomoric. Don't tell me about your ratings, don't tell me why _______ at (insert sports network here) sucks, or what _________ at (insert sports network here) did to get in trouble. Tell me, for real, why Butler was benched. Get me information, don't speculate like all of us here. Tell me why the C's are losing. Give me hope why the Red Sox have a snowballs chance in hell against the Yankess. (they don't) go ahead and call out the Red Sox when they have a press release touting a sponsorship partnership with Sam Adams, while the Yankees get Giancarlo Stanton. None of them do that. Because it's boring and casual fans won't listen.

Are you taking offense at others' being offended? Such a victim you are.
Where do you infer I am taking offense? All I did was make a societal observation. If you weren’t such a snowflake you may have realized that.

LOL!! You can drop the faux sanctimonious outrage. You spend your life mocking and belittling anyone with different belief structures than yourself. You routinely try to ridicule others of good faith with whom you disagree.

I guess that's cool in your world, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore