PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Weather for Saturday vs Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.
weather forecast inside Casa Kerr....72 balmy degrees and raining shrimp

weather forecast inside Casa Kerr....72 balmy degrees and raining shrimp

I had to google that...and it came back with a house in Portugal...long way from Rhode Island....is that what I have to look forward to later in life a four bedroom townhouse in Portugal???

**** me...I guess I'll keep drinking. :bricks:

:D

GIVE IT TO THIS GUY
dm_131229_nfl_nation_patriots_recap.jpg

40 TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
crazy-laughter.jpg

I have a heavy duty pats poncho..think and heavy..better then those cheap thin ones for $1

I Hear Ya! My Pats Ponchos are much better than that $1 poncho I wore. Nothin more miserable than standin in an onslaught down pour.
Did they update weather conditions for gametime at all or no change?

I'll have five layers on and the outer two will be waterproof but I'm still worried about it. Wet is wet.

PJ, I'm with ya on layers and actually I can deal with Brrrr cold temps but your right wet is WET, It's Nasty!

Looks pretty ugly; wet like Buffalo, maybe warmer but the wind looks much stronger.

Foxboro Hourly Weather - AccuWeather Forecast for MA 02035

This shapes up for a field position, minimize critical mistakes (turnovers) game.
Since both teams have very good turnover differentials, I would expect low scoring; running game and special teams a premium.
There is a tremendous difference between rain, and rain like Buffalo.

well Denver is supposed to be cloudy and cool but have 20 mph winds.

Interesting.

I don't think the rain is going to help either team. Pats put it on the ground 4x against Buffalo and were fortunate to recover all of them. They can't do that against this team as Luck will presumably do better at converting opportunities than Thad Lewis.

The latest time seeing shows low 50s and 100% chance of rain. 50F vs 40F is much better.

What worries me is Luck's middle to long range missiles--esp with slipping corners. That as much as turnovers can turn the game against us--and do it in a big hurry.

Anyhow rain this week, and thin air next week---and then perhaps a sub-zero superbowl. No normal conditions in the post-season.

20 mph winds should crimp the long balls. I would THINK. Luck throws a pretty tight spiral though. As does Brady usually.

What worries me is Luck's middle to long range missiles--esp with slipping corners. That as much as turnovers can turn the game against us--and do it in a big hurry.

Anyhow rain this week, and thin air next week---and then perhaps a sub-zero superbowl. No normal conditions in the post-season.
Guess you don't have much to worrry about.
This season Luck only completed 5 passes from 21-30 yards downield (Brady completed 9) 4 passes from 31-40 (Brady 5) and 1 pass more than 40 (Brady 1)

All combined passes 21+ yards downfield
Luck 10-45-429 (22%)
Brady 15-61-580 (24%)

I don't think we have too much to worry about the 'missles' of a guy who completes so few long passes.

I think the Colts should be more worried.

Don't know how much rain there was for the Buffalo game, but this latest model shows almost an inch in the evening which seems like quite a bit.

Weather in Foxboro - AccuWeather Forecast for MA 02035

Mix that with those winds and that makes for a tough time throwing. Those backs better have that ball secure.

Thanks. Now we know how much rain. 1 inch of rain in 7 hours, that is certainly no drizzle. Looks like downpour time at Gillette.

EDIT:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090806104711AARO5M0

Rainfall rates as described by the NWS: light rain is 0.1 inch or less in an hour. Moderate rain is .11 to .30 inches per hour. Heavy rain is more than .30 inches per hour.

.14 inches per hour for the game, so moderate rain then.

Ok, let's put Buffalo aside. Looks like a very wet and windy forecast.

Don't know how much rain there was for the Buffalo game, but this latest model shows almost an inch in the evening which seems like quite a bit.

Weather in Foxboro - AccuWeather Forecast for MA 02035

Mix that with those winds and that makes for a tough time throwing. Those backs better have that ball secure.

That night Foxboro got about 1.12 inches of rain..so tomorrow night will be just as bad

Southern New England rain totals December 29, 2013 | Right Weather

7:15 p.m. Saturday: Indianapolis Colts at New England Patriots (in Foxboro, Mass.) - Foxboro Saturday has 90 percent rain chances rising to 100 percent Saturday night. South wind gusts up to 30 mph are forecast during the day, but they may go "up to 47 mph" by Saturday night. Daytime high temperatures in the mid-50s are expected to fall to the 40s at night.

40 degrees with wind gusts to 47 mph Saturday evening. Field position will be at a premium. Take the wind at your back in the 2nd half and send everybody long! This game could be won on a 75-yard field goal with the wind by one of the top two Patriots placekickers of all time.

7:15 p.m. Saturday: Indianapolis Colts at New England Patriots (in Foxboro, Mass.) - Foxboro Saturday has 90 percent rain chances rising to 100 percent Saturday night. South wind gusts up to 30 mph are forecast during the day, but they may go "up to 47 mph" by Saturday night. Daytime high temperatures in the mid-50s are expected to fall to the 40s at night.

40 degrees with wind gusts to 47 mph Saturday evening. Field position will be at a premium. Take the wind at your back in the 2nd half and send everybody long! This game could be won on a 75-yard field goal with the wind by one of the top two Patriots placekickers of all time.

The only thing better would be a grass field!

Do you guys remember a game against the Jets back in Bledsoe's 1st year I think where it was incredibly windy and wet. Can anyone recall what the winds were up to that day?

Our guys haven't been mudders this year or in recent memory. So, this isn't necessarily great. The good news is that the Colts are used to a dome. Hopefully all it does is put a small dent in the Home Field advantage.

I wonder if Luck played a lot of games in the rain in the Pacific Northwest when he was at Stanford?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News